Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teletoon Retro future programming

Does anyone know if Teletoon Retro is working towards securing the rights to other classic cartoons ? and if they are Do you know what shows they are going after to add to the line up? I am really curious to see if they can get some of the other shows I grew up watching.

If you have anything to suggest for them, call Teletoon at 1-888-884-8666.

I'd be giving them a lot more suggestions, but unfortunately Shaw STILL isn't carrying the station on digital. :(
    Zannen, Canada - Your Canadian anime source!

Teletoon Retro has unveiled their Fall 2008 Schedule and it looks like FINALLY they are getting with the program. Their will be 9 new shows added to the schedule come Sept. 1, 2008, looks like a step in the right direction I hope it continues. Here is the list of new shows:

The Smurfs (every day 8 am and 8 pm) (According to the release, the most requested show by viewers!)

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home
    (every day 9 pm and 5:30 am)

Fraggle Rock
    (every day 9 am and 7:30 pm) (shot on Toronto soundstage, does this count as CanCon?!)

Alvin and the Chipmunks
    (every day 8:30 am and 8:30 pm)

Spider-Man
    (1967)
    (every day 6:30 am and 11 pm)

The Banana Splits Adventure Show
    (every day at 2 pm)

13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
    (airs as part of the Scooby-Doo rotation 7:30 am
    and 5:30 pm)

The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries
    (airs as part of the Scooby-Doo rotation)

Reboot
    (every day at 6 am, 1 pm and 11:30 pm) (CanCon)

Fraggle Rock does count as CanCon.

But it'd be interesting to see what the ratings are for Teletoon Retro, I hear it's a pretty popular channel tho and what the demo of its viewers are. I know it's targeted towards adults but I wonder how many kids watch this channel tho?

I can't post a new thread so I post here.
    When will we know Teletoon's and Teletoon Retro's fall 2008 schedules ? It isnt on falltvpreview

Quote Originally Posted by clipeuh View Post
    I can't post a new thread so I post here.
    When will we know Teletoon's and Teletoon Retro's fall 2008 schedules ? It isnt on falltvpreview

Isn't it again. But i did a request for this schedules.
    Hopefully we got sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    Fraggle Rock does count as CanCon.

But it'd be interesting to see what the ratings are for Teletoon Retro, I hear it's a pretty popular channel tho and what the demo of its viewers are. I know it's targeted towards adults but I wonder how many kids watch this channel tho?

So does Spider-Man because it's produced Krantz Films Toronto. :D

I'm pretty sure TTR's demographic is the 25-40 year old set who were kids growing up in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I know I was excited when I first heard about it but we have to pay for it.
    A cartoon buff from the old days.

pleasssssse CARTOON GAWDS...give us some cool toons...these are just killin' moi...i rarely watch the channel now!(tel.retro)

i thought in 2009 they were supposed to add new episode for the smurfs, alvin and the chipmunks and so far is all repeat. any idea when the new episode will start?

On Monday, February 2, in an episode of The Smurfs, never before seen on TELETOON Retro, The Smurfs trick Gargamel into thinking he's gone to Heaven to account for his past sins against them while Brainy grows a beard to be more like Papa. The Smurfs air everyday on TELETOON Retro at 8 am and 8 pm ET.
    Smurfs and Sweethearts On Teletoon Retro This February
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Also took a look at january's highlights and it looks at though new episodes of Alvin & The Chipmunks will air:

In a TELETOON Retro premiere of a new classic Alvin & The Chipmunks episode, The Chipettes and Miss Miller and her band both audition for a spot on a Hollywood TV show on Friday, January 30 at 8:30 am and 8:30 pm ET.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

here is what's going to happen in feburary on teletoon retro:
    http://www.channelcanada.com/Article2618.html
    valentine's...

I can't wait for next month for see if we gonna have new shows and new schedule in march like last year. :D

i was thinking the same thing. i wish we do have new shows. I hope that they don't take off the Flintstones b'cause i am recording it. They are right now at season 6. And i need season 1 to 3 to have the complete season.

and i am also hoping for new episode of the smurfs. i guess they are slow to show us some new episode.

i only wish that they will bring us back the saturday morning cartoon like we used to have in the 80's. That will be awesome.

right now they are adding new episode of the smurfs for the periode of valentines. i saw this news on channel canada website.

Finally, no changes of the schedule in march but my theory is starting march 30th, the four Teletoon channels (English, french, English Retro and French Retro) going to have a new lineup for this spring. To be continued...

i remark it when i press the guide bottom on my pvr and check the schedule til march second 3rd yesterday, and no change. too bad.

good news. Teletoon retro will add this shows:
    1) fantastic four
    2)new adventure of batman
    3) new adventure of superman.

I am sure it will start on may because when i click on shows, this is what i saw on their web page.

also on the french version Le petit castor. is already started.