Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Canada needs Disney Cinemagic

E-mail Family and let them know we want Disney Cinemagic channel/block and or both

Just read about this awesome channel in the UK/Ireland...At least make it a block on the new Disney XD

E-mail them at: info@family.ca

http://www.disney.co.uk/DisneyChannel/cinemagic/

Disney Cinemagic is the premium subscription movie service, available through Sky, TalkTalk TV and Virgin Media. The channel first appeared on 16 March 2006, airing previews, preparing for the official launch that took place at 17:00 on 19 March 2006.
    The channel replaced the British version of Toon Disney. A one hour timeshift service called Disney Cinemagic +1 is available on Sky and UPC Ireland. Despite the name, Disney Cinemagic has no formal connection with the CineMagic children's film festival based in Belfast, UK. The UK and Ireland currently has Disney XD as well.
    Last edited by jfoley85; 03-29-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: new link

Disney Cinemagic is a channel/program-block launched by The Walt Disney Company, which is available in 8 countries : France, Germany, Portugal, Spain, UK & Ireland. Disney Cinemagic is also available in Latin America and Scandinavia, but it's a program-block, part of Disney Channel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_...%26_Ireland%29

Last edited by jfoley85; 03-29-2011 at 08:29 AM.

i know its not the same topic, but just by curiousity, should we get the tvland usa, hallmark channel, tnt and usa network and tbs in canada?

I think Hallmark Channel would be a good idea, there are no 'family-oriented' channels in Canada. Someone had applied for a Canadian version of Hallmark but it never launched. Someone should apply to get this channel on the approved list- time to contact Shaw as they are always trying to get some American channel on the approved list. ;)

Forget about USA Network, TNT, TBS & FX as they will never be available here. Most of the TNT shows are available through Super Channel while Showcase airs several USA Network series.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    I think Hallmark Channel would be a good idea, there are no 'family-oriented' channels in Canada. Someone had applied for a Canadian version of Hallmark but it never launched. Someone should apply to get this channel on the approved list- time to contact Shaw as they are always trying to get some American channel on the approved list. ;)

Forget about USA Network, TNT, TBS & FX as they will never be available here. Most of the TNT shows are available through Super Channel while Showcase airs several USA Network series.
    Hallmark Channel Yes...that's what I've been ranting about all along...It has lots of great Family Themed programs such as Little House on the Prairie on it and I do love LHOTP!!! USA has already been tried but denied in Canada by the CRTC...TVLand U.S would also be great!!!