Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

The CW On Rogers?

Why doesn't Rogers carry The CW in it's VIP package anymore? This channel was one of the only reasons I subscribe to that package. Apparently since March 31st Rogers stopped carrying it, and I only noticed now because The CW programming (all but Americas Next Top Model and Shredding for the Wedding) have been on a 5 week hiatus. Does anyone know why this happened? I may be calling to cancel this service soon.

Rogers removed WNLO Buffalo from all systems that were outside the GTA and Central Ontario regions. This was done because this channel was not authorized for carriage on systems were it could be received over-the-air.

Sucks. You have other options:
    - Superstations (WGN, WPIX, KTLA)
    - By antenna (you didn't fill up the location field in your Profile, User CP)
    - Subscribe to Space and MuchMusic.

* 90210: fridays on Global HD
    * Gossip Girl: mondays on MuchMusic
    * One Tree Hill: (sorry!), reruns from Season 2 on MuchMore
    * Hellcats: Tuesdays on /A\, fridays on MuchMusic
    * America's Next Top Model: wednesdays on /A\, Sundays on E! Canada
    * Shedding for the Wedding: (sorry, no canadian airing)
    * Vampire Diaries: thursdays on /A\, fridays on MuchMusic
    * Nikita: thursdays on /A\, sundays on Space
    * Smallville: fridays on CHCH HD, sundays on Space
    * Supernatural: fridays on CHCH HD, wednesdays on Space
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    Rogers removed WNLO Buffalo from all systems that were outside the GTA and Central Ontario regions. This was done because this channel was not authorized for carriage on systems were it could be received over-the-air.
    I guess Ottawa isn't considered Central Ontario. What does that mean it was not authorized for carriage on systems where it could be received over-the-air? How can i received WNLO over the air then? I don't get it. The shows I watch (90210, One Tree Hill, and Vampire Diaries) are often hard to find. Well I can't watch new One Tree Hill episodes anywhere. 90210 is buried on Friday nights at 10 on Global, and they don't even air them in order/skip over several episodes. The Vampire Diaries it's a game to see where it plays. If American Idol is new but the Big Bang THeory is not (or vise versa) then it will play on A at 8, but if both of those are new god know where to find it, and if they are both in rerus does it play at 8 on CTV or A? And people wonder why everyone watches TV online for free.

That damn 4+1 rule really should have been upped by now.

You're right - and they wonder why people use internet TV options.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedGord View Post
    That damn 4+1 rule really should have been upped by now.

You're right - and they wonder why people use internet TV options.
    What's a 4+1 rule?