Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    323

    Deja View's New Logo?!!!

    I was watching Deja View last night and off and on I was noticing off that Deja View has finialy brought on a New Logo...however though off and on they were showing the Current Logo...It looked to be something like the CBS Eye with the name Deja View in the Middle of the Logo...if that's so...Finially...now if only they can make their Program lineup a little more better but adding some Classic Drama's other than Sitcom's!!!

  2. #2
    I saw that too!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    100
    Me too but a bit dark thow.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by isrs4life View Post
    Me too but a bit dark thow.

    i've been watching dejaview and i didn't see the new logo. its still the moon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    323
    Yes...it's still the same logo but I think I know now It's just a gimmick of how Deja View would have been like if it were launched many years ago just to make it seem more Retrolike but at least it sure beats that Cigar Chomping Geek holding up a wine glass!!! But it would be nice to see Deja View get a better branding Logo!!!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    Yes...it's still the same logo but I think I know now It's just a gimmick of how Deja View would have been like if it were launched many years ago just to make it seem more Retrolike but at least it sure beats that Cigar Chomping Geek holding up a wine glass!!! But it would be nice to see Deja View get a better branding Logo!!!
    I see, and I totally agree with you on the "Cigar Chomping Geek holding up a wine glass!!!" lol XD I agree anythings better than that! I cant stand that guy!!!! I don't know why hes there!

  7. #7
    hi now that apperently that dejaview has a new logo, what can we expect for their schedule in september 2011?

  8. #8
    i saw the new logo and the new commercial. nice touch. but i wish for better programming!!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    i saw the new logo and the new commercial. nice touch. but i wish for better programming!!!
    agreed!! Theres a few shows I hope they get rid of!! They also need to show ALL of the seasons of certain shows. instead of repeating the same few seasons over and over.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,106
    They also need to show ALL of the seasons of certain shows.
    That will never happen, acquiring the rights to all seasons of every show they air means they have to spend a lot more $$ then they currently are and for a channel that airs old series its just not worth it. You have to look at things from the conglomerates point of view- these retro channels are throwaways for these companies, they don't care enough about them to invest lots of money to improve the programming (it sucks but that is the reality). Also, there is no incentive for them to acquire the rights to more season since people are watching these channels now when they only are a few seasons of each show. The best bet is that they will air all seasons but spread out over time- the first few seasons now and the remaining ones later on.
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 06-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    4,857
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    That will never happen, acquiring the rights to all seasons of every show they air means they have to spend a lot more $$ then they currently are and for a channel that airs old series its just not worth it.
    For the broadcaster: if a season costs more than others in rights acquisition, they'll pass. Advertisers will still be there and subscribers will still be paying for the channel regardless if they're watching or not.
    The retro TV channel has obviously no HD future (until they start airing 2000s series), has no first run shows and is doomed ratings-wise, so better off run it on the cheap and make the most money out of it.

    For the distributor: These retro channels serve as a promotional tool. Fans of the series will go buy the DVDs, including the unaired-on-the-retro-channel seasons.

    It's a win-win situation, but not for the paying retro-channel subscriber.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,106
    The Fall schedule of Dejaview has now been released yet no word about a new logo- is this actually happening or is there no new logo?!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    The Fall schedule of Dejaview has now been released yet no word about a new logo- is this actually happening or is there no new logo?!
    Where is it?!!! The new Fall Schedule?!!! Can you find it...Yes as I said It's probably just a Gimmick they are using to liven things up with the network just to make us all think what it all could have looked like if Deja View were launched in the early years although it wasn't but I do like the part where they have the jangle "NOW WE'VE GOT IT...DEJA VIEW"!!! in a 70's sound...That would be my better choice of a new logo!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,106
    TVViewer posted it in his 'Shaw Media Specialty Fall Schedule' thread but here is a link to the schedule on Shaw Media's official site:

    http://www.shawmedia.ca/advertising/...w/schedule.asp

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,204
    I thought Test Pattern already made this clear in his post a few weeks ago (post #5 ) so I didn't bother replying, but no DejaView doesn't have a new logo and isn't getting one.

    Since the channel airs retro programming, they are playing around with the logo in station IDs by making the DejaView logo similar to those of the networks in the 60's and 70's. One of them is similar to the CBS logo (Two Global moons are placed together to look like the CBS eye), ect. and the IDs use similar 60/70's music, slogans, and that grainy look that makes it look like you are watching an old film, but the current logo isn't going away (for now anyway). It's just a fun marketing campaign.

  16. #16
    The schedule looks great! So happy they are bringing back 'Who's the Boss?'!! :) Also great to see 'Married with children' get added in!!

  17. #17
    I hope they add The lucy Show and I love Lucy and Here's Lucy and make them HD

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    100
    Returning Shows
    Threes Company
    The Rockford Files(Weekly)
    Hawaii 5-0(Weekend's)
    Charles in Charge
    Who's the boss(Weekend's only)

    New to Dejaview
    Married with children
    Archie Bunkers Place gets on through the week.

    This is pretty decent after relooking at the schedule some.
    Even thow I own the whole Married with Children series but i'm willing
    to watch it double the amount, lol.

    Roseanne, I wish would go off the air but it's still stuck on the weekend I wouldn't
    mind Family Matters taking it's spot but we have till 8/29/2011 until further notice
    Last edited by isrs4life; 06-11-2011 at 11:58 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by isrs4life View Post
    Returning Shows
    Threes Company
    The Rockford Files(Weekly)
    Hawaii 5-0(Weekend's)
    Charles in Charge
    Who's the boss(Weekend's only)

    New to Dejaview
    Married with children
    Archie Bunkers Place gets on through the week.

    This is pretty decent after relooking at the schedule some.
    Even thow I own the whole Married with Children series but i'm willing
    to watch it double the amount, lol.

    Roseanne, I wish would go off the air but it's still stuck on the weekend I wouldn't
    mind Family Matters taking it's spot but we have till 8/29/2011 until further notice
    Same here, I have the whole series of MWC but I'll still watch it! I completely agree with you, that Roseanne should go off the air!!! I was hoping they would garbage it this fall, but no.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •