Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

MeTV and RTN needed in Canada

I would be nice if Canada could bring on MeTV and RTN in Canada as they air such great Retro Programs that Deja View fails to do...the only MeTV made available is in Vancouver on KVOS Bellingham Station but only via SHAW Cable and it's such a shame that it isn't made available through Cable or Satellite distribution...The other Not so Superstations(Peachtree, WPIX, KTLA, WSBK and where available WGN CW Feed) really sucks now!!! Too many Talk shows and same boring old programs aired on local affiliates!!! And here's another idea Boot the WGN CW Feed out of Canada where available and bring back WGN America!!!

To those interested to know what the hell is on WGN America:
    http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin...?aid=twgncable

Back in 2000, WGN America was exactly the same as WGN-TV Chicago, with the exception that the WB network programming was replaced by a movie.

Nowadays, WGN America carries MLB Baseball and WGN News, everything else is different.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

we get WGN America on Cogeco Cable

Both Shawdirect and BellTv only carry the WGN CW Feed!!!

Doing like MeTV and RTN do with reruns of classic shows sounds like an idea that CHEK Victoria should try, outside of news, local shows and its prime time lineup. Check out this hypothetical CHEK schedule for a Friday, as an example of what the station could do with its air time:

6 a.m. - CHEK News Updates
    9 a.m. - Get Up & Grow
    9:30 a.m. - Home Check with Shell Busey
    10 a.m. - Leave It to Beaver
    10:30 a.m. - McHale's Navy
    11 a.m. - Wagon Train
    12 noon - CHEK News at Noon
    12:30 p.m. - Gaslight Gourmet
    1 p.m. - Ironside
    2 p.m. - Kojak
    3 p.m. - I Dream of Jeannie
    3:30 p.m. - Bewitched
    4 p.m. - Three's Company
    4:30 p.m. - The Partridge Family
    5 p.m. - CHEK News at 5
    6 p.m. - CBC News: Vancouver
    6:30 p.m. - CHEK News at 6:30
    7 p.m. - CHEK News Island 30
    7:30 p.m. - North of 49
    8 p.m. - Chuck
    9 p.m. - Supernatural
    10 p.m. - CHEK News at 10
    10:30 p.m. - CHEK News Island 30 (repeat)
    11 p.m. - Game On!
    11:35 p.m. - Nightline
    12:05 a.m. - Jimmy Kimmel Live
    1:05 a.m. - CHEK Late Movie

ME-TV is on KVOS 12 Bellingham, which is a border town station for Vancouver. The programming is meh, westerns and war dramas, with Classic TV from the 60's and 70's and Lucy. Their promo ads are creative though.

I'll take the Westerns and classic comedies over courtroom shows, daytime talk, "reality" TV and what passes for sitcoms nowadays.

Those living south of Quebec province, Saranac Lake low power station WNMN plans to install digital antennas over at Ellenburg and St Albans site by Xmas. This means, Montrealers could get a new multiplex signal that carries RTV and Antenna TV.

http://cecholdings.com for info and the Contact Us form to tell them you're interested.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

MeTV is the best of the Retro channels available in the USA IMO. They have programming from Fox, Paramount and now Universal as well. Antenna TV would come in second, they carry programming from Sony, Universal and DLT Entertainment (Three's Company, Too Close for Comfort)

Retro TV is not that good anymore, they lost the rights to the Universal shows they used to air and now air mainly stuff from indie companies.

I wish there was a way to get MeTV in Canada- I wonder if someone would be willing to start up a channel like this as an OTA sub-channel?!

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    I wish there was a way to get MeTV in Canada- I wonder if someone would be willing to start up a channel like this as an OTA sub-channel?!
    You can if you live in the GTA or southern BC, although you're going to need an antenna if you live in the GTA.

METV ROCKS...watched some of the channel while I was in the southern STATES ...
    awesome tv ...we can hope ,but we realllly know this will never happen up here ...THE BRAINS do not work very good up here..

...if anyone reading this works for BELL etc...kick your programmers in the arsss hard and tell em to get with it!!!

bitter....HELL YEAH!!

Comedy Gold freaking stinks the worst channel at the moment well TVTropolis
    is up there to. I hate the 1 day 3 episodes only showing of a sitcom rerun. I wish
    they would stop trying to pile every type of show there is on that channel.

I like to see the two you said on Rogers Cable line-up.

I hope Comedy Gold would get better over time better but like I said it
    really sucks right now and I hope not much people watch MASH because I
    want it off the air by the Summer or Fall it just doesnt seem to fit right now
    and I would like to see the Golden girls go and maybe show The Rockford
    Files at 5pm like they use to. Accually the 11pm spot would be nice to.

MeTV is also carried on WBBZ 67 (HD VHF Channel 7.1) from Buffalo-Spingville, New York which is a border town station for the Golden Horseshore area (Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Fergus, Elora, Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Simcoe, Cayuga, Dunnville, Selkirk, Welland, Port Colborne and Fort Erie, Ontario including Toronto and the GTA area) via OTA antenna.

Antenna TV is now on WGRZ-DT 2 RF Digital VHF Channel 2.2 and HD Digital UHF Channel 33.2 from Buffalo, New York via Digital OTA which is a border town station for the Golden Horseshore area (Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Fergus, Elora, Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Simcoe, Cayuga, Dunnville, Selkirk, Welland, Port Colborne and Fort Erie, Ontario including Toronto and the GTA area).

Retro TV is carried on WGRZ-DT 2.3 RF Digital VHF Channel 2.3 and HD Digital UHF Channel 33.3 from Buffalo, New York via Digital OTA which is a border town station for the Golden Horseshore area (Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Fergus, Elora, Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Simcoe, Cayuga, Dunnville, Selkirk, Welland, Port Colborne and Fort Erie, Ontario including Toronto and the GTA area).

METV on Telus Optik

I was with Shaw for a number of years, but was not happy with their channel line-up. I called them many times asking why they did not carry METV. They claimed they had never heard of it. I got a flyer in the mail last year from Telus Optik TV, and to my surprise and happiness, Optik TV carries METV. Signed up with Telus that same day. We get the KVOS Bellingham feed. This has become my favorite channel. I contacted METV KVOS, and they tell me they have been asking Shaw to carry their channel for almost 20 years, but Shaw refuses. I asked the Shaw rep about why they don't carry the channel because it has the best in classic television shows. The rep at Shaw thinks that "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is classic TV LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_1963 View Post
    I was with Shaw for a number of years, but was not happy with their channel line-up. I called them many times asking why they did not carry METV. They claimed they had never heard of it. I got a flyer in the mail last year from Telus Optik TV, and to my surprise and happiness, Optik TV carries METV. Signed up with Telus that same day. We get the KVOS Bellingham feed. This has become my favorite channel. I contacted METV KVOS, and they tell me they have been asking Shaw to carry their channel for almost 20 years, but Shaw refuses. I asked the Shaw rep about why they don't carry the channel because it has the best in classic television shows. The rep at Shaw thinks that "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" is classic TV LOL!!
    Your post doesn't make any sense. Shaw has always carried KVOS in the Lower Mainland and on Vancouver Island. I'm not sure where you would have to be in Southern BC if you don't get KVOS on Shaw.

I live in the Okanagan, and KVOS was only available in the lower mainland and parts of Vancouver Island. In 1988, the CRTC approved KVOS to be carried by any cable system in BC, yet Shaw (outside the lower mainland/Van Island) will not add the channel to their line-up outside those areas.