Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

What was youre favorite saturday morning lineup

I thouhgt it would be fun to start the kids stuff section of viewers.ca by talking out our favorite saturday morning line ups I believe mine was fox kids then i really got into YTV's Brainwash and Snit Station and ABC's One Saturday Morning I cant remember watching anything but F0X ,ABC and YTV. I remember the power rangers used to be really hot so everyone started mimicking the fighting at school and i think they sent a letter home. (im really showing my age here arent I im not that old lol)

Can't really say what my favourite line-up would be. I grew up watching cartoons
    on saturday mornings [back in the 60s] and tended to channel hop from catoon to
    cartoon. I may give this some thought and post a list of some of my favourites
    from the period.
    Last edited by cjkerry; 10-10-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: accidentally posted before completing post

I liked the independently owned era of WUTV Buffalo and WUHF Rochester back in the early - mid 80s the best because they had a lot of cartoons that some of the other major networks just stopped showing for some reason. Also the old YTV from the time it first aired to about the mid-90s had its moments of good cartoons on Saturday mornings and they had Phil Guererro to host the Saturday morning time slot so that was just a bonus.
    Last edited by Celeste; 11-09-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    A cartoon buff from the old days.

mind will be in the 80's, when the smurfs was on, remember my pet monster, casper, flintstones,pac-man, mr.t, care bears, mysterious city of gold(it could be in the90's) and many more...

My memories of Saturday morning come from watching KVOS Bellingham in the 1970s and '80s, with its mix of CBS shows and syndicated fare in its Saturday morning lineup (Scooby-Doo, Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Popeye, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
    I liked the independently owned era of WUTV Buffalo and WUHF Rochester back in the early - mid 80s the best because they had a lot of cartoons that some of the other major networks just stopped showing for some reason. Also the old YTV from the time it first aired to about the mid-90s had its moments of good cartoons on Saturday mornings and they had Phil Guererro to host the Saturday morning time slot so that was just a bonus.
    Yup...same here Celeste...but ever since FOX came about in 1988...so did the Independent WUTV Buffalo and WUHF Rochester...I never forget when WUHF Rochester was first offered to us on Cable back in 1987, I could just watch that Channel for hours but not anymore...now I have to get it all off of either Teletoon Retro or Deja View!!!