Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Teletoon, Teletoon at Night and Teletoon Retro fall line-up

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgie-Rover View Post

AWESOME.....YOUNG JUSTICE...and BATMAN!!!...Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

FINALLY, its about damn time they released the fall schedule!

Several new additions to Teletoon Retro including Looney Tunes (:)), Garfield & Friends and Batman (60's live action series). Here is the full list:

Batman
    (Fun show, nice addition to the lineup)
    Care Bears
    (Classic cancon)
    Felix the Cat
    (Classic retro show)
    For Better or For Worse
    (Animated series based on very popular comic strip)
    Garfield & Friends
    (Good show)
    King of the Hill
    Jem
    (Classic Sunbow series)
    Looney Tunes
    (Great Classic toons, Finally airing on Teletroon Retro!)
    My Pet Monster
    (Cancon)
    Ned's Newt
    (Never heard of it?!)
    Tom & Jerry Kids
    (Not as good as the original Tom & Jerry)

Good additions overall, except for King of the Hill- why is this being added?! This is not a retro show, its a new show and has no business on this channel as far as I am concerned. I hope this does not mean we will start seeing more newer shows on this channel, duplicating content that is on Teletoon. Thus far Astral has a done a great job with this channel and has not followed the conglomerates in spreading programming around on all their channels. IMO this channel should not air anything newer then the early 90's, even that might be pushing the envelope as far as 'retro' goes. A small positive is that this show will be airing at midnight, so the older shows will still have precedence in the daytime and evening slots.

Returning shows include:

Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show
    The Smurfs
    The Flintstones
    The Jetsons
    He-man
    She-Re
    Thundercats
    Transmformers
    G.I. Joe
    Scooby-Doo Movies
    Casper & Friends
    Inspector Gadget
    Real Ghostbusters

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Good additions overall, except for King of the Hill- why is this being added?! This is not a retro show, its a new show and has no business on this channel as far as I am concerned. I hope this does not mean we will start seeing more newer shows on this channel, duplicating content that is on Teletoon.
    That's the only gripe from the new fall line-up. Tough i prefer to watch it than South Park, Family Guy or even The Simpsons, this show have no real place to a channel who suppose to be aimed at classics. But since the firsts episode dated of more 10 years, i suppose they giving the greenlight. I don't think Simpsons or even South Park will have a chance to air in Teletoon Retro one day.

Ned's Newt (Never heard of it?!)
    It's a cartoon show who started out at the first Teletoon year. Fact, it's the first original Teletoon production to be in air in Retro this fall. This is what i liked to watch when it started out. I think the "For Better or For Worse" version they will air is what Teletoon commissionsed back in 2000-2001 season. But a solid line-up overall and finally, the french network have a real improvement compared to last year. :)

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    FINALLY, its about damn time they released the fall schedule!

Several new additions to Teletoon Retro including Looney Tunes (:)), Garfield & Friends and Batman (60's live action series). Here is the full list:

Batman (Fun show, nice addition to the lineup)
    Care Bears (Classic cancon)
    Felix the Cat (Classic retro show)
    For Better or For Worse (Animated series based on very popular comic strip)
    Garfield & Friends (Good show)
    King of the Hill
    Jem (Classic Sunbow series)
    Looney Tunes (Great Classic toons, Finally airing on Teletroon Retro!)
    My Pet Monster (Cancon)
    Ned's Newt (Never heard of it?!)
    Tom & Jerry Kids (Not as good as the original Tom & Jerry)

Good additions overall, except for King of the Hill- why is this being added?! This is not a retro show, its a new show and has no business on this channel as far as I am concerned. I hope this does not mean we will start seeing more newer shows on this channel, duplicating content that is on Teletoon. Thus far Astral has a done a great job with this channel and has not followed the conglomerates in spreading programming around on all their channels. IMO this channel should not air anything newer then the early 90's, even that might be pushing the envelope as far as 'retro' goes. A small positive is that this show will be airing at midnight, so the older shows will still have precedence in the daytime and evening slots.

Returning shows include:

Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show
    The Smurfs
    The Flintstones
    The Jetsons
    He-man
    She-Re
    Thundercats
    Transmformers
    G.I. Joe
    Scooby-Doo Movies
    Casper & Friends
    Inspector Gadget
    Real Ghostbusters
    Garfield and Friends, For Better and For worst and Felix the Cat...This critic Cheers for their returns...however I'd have to Jeer on King of the Hill seriously...that's something that should really be airing on the Teletoon Main Network...not Teletoon Retro...Neds Newt a Total joke...Tom and Jerry Kids I agree Not as good as the Original...it makes you wonder why the Flintstones Kids hasn't been added along with the continuing Flintstones Original's...and Jem will surely be up and arms with their arch Music arrival The Misfits on their show...maybe truly outrageous for some!!! But Hey teletoon Retro what about bringing back Roger Ramjet, Atom Ant, G Force and Scott McCLoud Space Angels?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    Garfield and Friends, For Better and For worst and Felix the Cat...This critic Cheers for their returns...however I'd have to Jeer on King of the Hill seriously...that's something that should really be airing on the Teletoon Main Network...not Teletoon Retro...Neds Newt a Total joke...Tom and Jerry Kids I agree Not as good as the Original...it makes you wonder why the Flintstones Kids hasn't been added along with the continuing Flintstones Original's...and Jem will surely be up and arms with their arch Music arrival The Misfits on their show...maybe truly outrageous for some!!! But Hey teletoon Retro what about bringing back Roger Ramjet, Atom Ant, G Force and Scott McCLoud Space Angels?!!!
    Ned's Newt is certainly one of the few Teletoon Original shows which i still liked. Mostly the first season. Not the later ones when it conducted by Studio B. Hopefully they don't bring back Mega Babies. That's a truly outrageous cartoon show who don't deserve to be air first.

..any New Line Up News For Fall 2012 ???

please Post

Quote Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
    ..any New Line Up News For Fall 2012 ???

please Post

Any idea if they will add other season for the smurfs? Tired of looking at the same episode ...

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    Any idea if they will add other season for the smurfs? Tired of looking at the same episode ...
    I agree that the sheer repetition of the episodes being boring. Same for Scooby-Doo which now is only those from the 1976's series (Tough clips from the original 1969-70's show appear in TV spots, but don't appear it as much.).