Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: US Sub Channels

US Sub Channels

With the digital conversion upon us and the decision by the CRTC to allow digital sub-channels, I thought I would post a list of the digital sub-channels that currently exist in the US. There are quite a few and span many different genres from retro to sports to lifestyle programming. Here is what I came up with:

KIDS

PBJ - Coming soon, will feature programming from the Classic Media library

CLASSIC TV

Antenna TV (www.antennatv.tv) - 50s-90s, programming from Sony Pictures, Universal & DLT Entertainment
    Hot TV Network (www.hottvchannel.com)- 40s -60s, classic TV series and movies)
    METV
    (www.metvnetwork.com)- 50s-80s- programming from 20th Century FOX, Paramount & Universal
    Retro TV (www.myretrotv.com) - 50s-80s, programming from various independent producers
    This TV (www.thistv.com) - Features classic movies & TV series from MGM library and children's shows from Cookie Jar Entertainment

EDUCATIONAL

Create (www.createtv.com) - PBS sub-channel only available in New York State that features lifestyle programming including Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Home improvement and travel
    Think Bright (www.thinkbright.org) - PBS sub-channel only available in New York State- programming includes arts & culture, kids shows and public affairs programs
    World (www.worldcompass.org) - Public channel that airs documentaries, nature shows, non-fiction, science & public affairs programming

FAMILY

AMG TV (www.amgtv.tv)- Family oriented network that features movies, TV series, music, sports and lifestyle programming
    MyFamilyTV (www.myfamilytv.tv) - Airs classic TV series & movies, lifestyle programs and talk shows

LIFESTYLE

ION Life (www.ionlife.tv) - Lifestyle network, programming includes cooking, health and wellness, home decor & travel

Live Well Network (www.livewellnetwork.com)- Network owned by Disney, devoted to healthy living; programming includes cooking shows, style, beauty, travel, home & garden and fitness programs

Tuff TV (www.tufftv.com)- Network geared at men featuring sports & lifestyle programming

MUSIC

TheCoolTV (www.thecooltv.com)- Music network featuring new & classic music videos as well as concerts
    The Country Network (www.tcncountry.com)- Country music network

SPORTS

Universal Sports (www.universalsports.com)- Sports network with focus on amateur sports, specifically those featured at the Olympics (Cycling, Gymnastics, Rugby, Skiing, Swimming, Track & Field and volleyball)

Untamed Sports TV (www.untamedsportstv.com)- Sports network with a focus on outdoor sports

WEATHER

AccuWeather Channel (www.accuweather.com)- Local weather forecasts
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 09-30-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Subchannels in Canada won't go anywhere. The CRTC has enforced asinine regulations that require subchannels to provide "unique" programming that won't interfere with existing competitors.

I have a few more I'd like to add to the list though.
    MHz Worldview - Non-commercial channel featuring multilingual programming.
    qubo - Children's programming from Nelvana and Scholastic
    America One - Featuring sports and general entertainment programs.

And of course there's the various Spanish and religious networks.