Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

New channels and channel change-ups coming to MTS TV December 8

According to another forum, major channel additions and theme-pack change-ups are coming to MTS on December 8.

In terms of new channels:

Attachment 41

One thing to note about the new channels is that there is a channel called "Sport TV" listed there. I'm not quite sure what that is. Anyone know?

In terms of channel/theme pack changes:

Attachment 42
    Last edited by musimax; 10-18-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Interesting additions,

I wonder if W Movies HD is a typo and what they are actually adding is W Network HD?! I would think they would add W Network HD before W Movies?!

One thing to note about the new channels is that there is a channel called "Sport TV" listed there. I'm not quite sure what that is. Anyone know?
    This channel is most likely Sport TV Americas, a sports channel from Portugal. I noticed it is listed in the same section as TV Japan which means it's another ethnic service. This channel is not currently on the approved list and there has been no mention of anyone applying to get it added to the list, so I am not sure how they will be able to add it unless someone has already applied to get it on the approved list?!

Interesting that they will be adding a Portuguese sports channel but not one of the general interest channels (RTPi or FPTV), from what I have read many people in Winnipeg have been requesting one of these channels to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    This channel is most likely Sport TV Americas
    That could be it. Someone else had mentioned that on another forum, also, add to the fact that NextTV, a what seems to be unregulated (unlike MTS or Bell Fibe for instance) IPTV provider in Canada, is even promoting the fact that Sport TV Americas is now in Canada and they are carrying it. But since it isn't approved, I'm guessing this could be a Canadian version of it? Not sure who owns it though, if it even is a Cdn version. If it isn't a Cdn version, how and why would MTS carry it?