Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CHCH & Rogers applies for vacated CKXT-DT OTA channel space

Channel Zero has applied to the CRTC to move CHCH-DT in Hamilton from VHF 11 to UHF 15 once occupied by CKXT-TV-1 in order to improve signal and image quality, as well plans for future Mobile DTV use. More can be found HERE.

On the same note, Rogers has applied to move CJMT-DT (OMNI.2) currently on UHF 51 to CKXT-DT former digital channel on UHF 40 to improve signal and image quality. As part of the transition, Rogers will be moving CJMT-DT from First Canada Place (aka BMO Tower) to the refurbish transmitter that they've invested into on the CN Tower that currently houses CITY-DT, CFMT-DT and CIII-DT. No press release has been posted at this time, information can be found on the CRTC site.
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Think we'll be able to get CHCH again in Toronto, or no?

I miss tuning-in in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarworks View Post
    Think we'll be able to get CHCH again in Toronto, or no?

I miss tuning-in in HD.

Current (11): http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...ontour=N&map=Y
    Proposed (15): http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...ontour=N&map=Y

The links above(made for another forum) will show you the current radius output on channel 11 & 15 from Hamilton. Turns out that a lot of people in the Niagra region have problems viewing CHCH since it moved back to physical channel 11 after digital transition.
    Last edited by Mayhem; 11-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Amazing. 100m away from me it's green, and I'm in a very red spot.

Radio waves are funny.

Also, my indoor/outdoor antenna works amazingly indoor, and barely works at all on the balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarworks View Post
    Amazing. 100m away from me it's green, and I'm in a very red spot.

Radio waves are funny.

Also, my indoor/outdoor antenna works amazingly indoor, and barely works at all on the balcony.

Buildings, weather patterns, etc can cause signal desegregation, thats why the map has thoes red specs. It also depends on what type of transmitter they use.