Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Superbowl 2012

Superbowl 2012

Who's ready for the simsub-free Superbowl this year ? :D

It's on NBC HD.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

ctv will simsub on sunday

sorry to burst your bubble there is no chance to see the us feed b/c CTV will make a request to all BDU's to replace the NBC feeds with CTV
    Last edited by oggie; 02-02-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added more words to thread

Quote Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    sorry to burst your bubble there is no chance to see the us feed b/c CTV will make a request to all BDU's to replace the NBC feeds with CTV
    Hmmmm, this section is labeled "OTA Channels".

I don't see the link between Over-The-Air and cable/satellite simsub practices...
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

Well, kudos to CTV so far.

At least they co-branded logos during the PRE-GAME show.

Not sure if they will during the half-time show. Any ideas?

So, CTV just decided to move their logo the right side of the screen

for the Blake Shelton performance prior to the kickoff. For most

of the pre-game show, the logo was on the left side.

I almost always watch U.S. broadcast shows on the Buffalo stations since I can receive them OTA and can easily switch between cable and antenna. But if I had to move to a place where I couldn't get U.S. stations OTA, I don't think it would bother me too much now. As someone pointed out in another thread, it's the obnoxiously repetitive CTV promos that would be the major annoyance, as they were for me during one of the NFL play off games I watched at my brother's house with a bunch of people, though if I was limited to watching CTV at home I could control the remote and temporarily mute the volume.

CTV/TSN are much better than Global was at simulcasting live sports. Global, through their all their years of carrying the NFL, were always technically incompetent and would routinely miss parts of games. That's what initially led me to set up switching between cable and OTA, sometime in the late 1980s or early 90s. I had just bought a TV with picture-in-picture which made it easy to switch back and forth between the TV's tuner and a VCR, with one set to cable and the other the U.S. OTA station through antenna. At the time there was only analog OTA that was more blurry or snowy than cable, although I received the Fox Buffalo UHF station clearly enough to watch full time, not just switching to it with cable on P-i-P during commercial breaks and switching back when Global returned to the game. I remember once a friend was briefly at my place while a game was on, noticed the P-i-P set-up, and when I explained it, he asked me if Global ever really missed anything. As if right on cue, the U.S. station had returned to the game, while Global continued showing commercials and missed one play entirely and returned to showing the game only after the ball had just been snapped for another.