Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

HNIC and Don Cherry

So the CBC and the NHL are in talks about renewing there contract for hockey and Saturday Night. Like him or hate him Don Cherry brings in a lot of money and viewers for the CBC, and he gives the rest of the media something to talk about for the next week. But there are reports that the NHL does not like Don.

So in the new contract I think the CBC should give 2 bids. One with Don and one without.
    The CBC is the only OTA left that still airs Hockey, everything else is on cable. So should HNIC be moved to cable and taken off OTA. Baseball and the CFL are now on cable only so why not hockey to.

Quote Originally Posted by aytononline View Post
    So the CBC and the NHL are in talks about renewing there contract for hockey and Saturday Night. Like him or hate him Don Cherry brings in a lot of money and viewers for the CBC, and he gives the rest of the media something to talk about for the next week. But there are reports that the NHL does not like Don.

So in the new contract I think the CBC should give 2 bids. One with Don and one without.
    The CBC is the only OTA left that still airs Hockey, everything else is on cable. So should HNIC be moved to cable and taken off OTA. Baseball and the CFL are now on cable only so why not hockey to.
    What i think Cbc should do is say ok were going to keep Cherry nut he will have a limited role say have Cherry on once a month.

Actually, NBC still airs hockey OTA.

Don Cherry now has a twitter account... so even though he's on only once a week on CBC, he can be on your phone 24/7 if you so choose!