Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Bell needs to bring on more Channels to us

Here's an attention getter for Bell TV...WE NEED MORE CHANNELS added that you don't currently carry...
    Disney XD SD(not just HD please)
    MSNBC SD(Not just HD Please)
    ABC Spark
    FX Canada
    MuchMoreRetro
    MuchLoud
    CTS Calgary and Edmonton
    OMNI Calgary and Edmonton
    Joy Tv 10 Vancouver
    Joy Tv 11 Winnipeg
    The Pet Network
    AUX-TV
    Like How 'bout it Bell TV!!!

Rogers is probably trying to bundle Citynews Channel with FX Canada and its could be the reason for Bell not picking up the channels at the moment. But why would you want CTS? Its has to be the most useless channels on the dial, it makes the OMNI look good.
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    ABC Spark
    FX Canada
    ABC Spark will be available on Bell once the channel goes on the air March 26th.

Rogers is now stating that FX Canada is "Not available on Bell" in FX Canada promos. Probably not the best way to get carriage on Bell, especially when most of Bell's competitors don't carry the channel either.

It would be nice to finally get some more Global HD stations. Every single Global station now produces local news in HD, yet instead of adding those stations Bell added a bunch of CTV stations from the same markets that DON'T produce local news in HD. They carry stations like CTV Winnipeg HD and CTV Montreal HD (which air the same HD programming at the same time as CTV Toronto HD and don't produce local news in HD) yet they don't carry Global Winnipeg HD or Global Montreal HD, which both produce local news in HD. You would think that the station producing local news in HD would get HD carriage over the station not producing local news in HD but not with Bell, they just carry the channels they own and tell everyone else to wait. If you want to carry every CTV HD station fine, but is it so hard to carry HD stations from the same market that actually offer local news in HD? Isn't the point of adding HD channels to give viewers new HD programming instead of the same HD programming that is already available?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Rogers is probably trying to bundle Citynews Channel with FX Canada and its could be the reason for Bell not picking up the channels at the moment.
    They aren't allowed to do that. They can't force Bell to carry CityNews Channel if they want to carry FX Canada.

Rogers is probably asking way too much for FX Canada considering how few providers have picked it up. When Rogers first launched FX Canada they were so confident that it would be on every provider that they even did advertising campaigns in markets like Vancouver despite the fact that no western provider had signed on to carry it. They finally convinced Telus to pick up the channel months after the launch but they still don't have carriage on Shaw, Shaw Direct, Bell, Cogeco, MTS, Sasktel, Videotron, ect. Clearly there isn't much demand for the channel since none of those providers have picked it up, and it doesn't help that Rogers only has the rights to FX shows produced by FOX. Super Channel/Showcase have the rights to FX shows produced by Sony and Bell Media outbid Rogers for the rights to the new FX comedy staring Charlie Sheen.

Rogers is probably asking way too much for FX Canada considering how few providers have picked it up

Clearly there isn't much demand for the channel since none of those providers have picked it up
    You are contradicting yourself here, which one is it- very little demand for the channel or high cost?! I would go with high cost, Rogers probably paid a lot for the programming rights and licensing of the FX brand so now they are trying to recoup some of those costs by charging a higher fee. It appears that may have also underestimated the popularity of this channel as providers do not appear to be in a rush to add FX Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Pattern View Post
    Here's an attention getter for Bell TV...WE NEED MORE CHANNELS added that you don't currently carry...
    Disney XD SD(not just HD please)
    MSNBC SD(Not just HD Please)
    ABC Spark
    FX Canada
    MuchMoreRetro
    MuchLoud
    CTS Calgary and Edmonton
    OMNI Calgary and Edmonton
    Joy Tv 10 Vancouver
    Joy Tv 11 Winnipeg
    The Pet Network
    AUX-TV
    Like How 'bout it Bell TV!!!

First of all, you do know that the more channels a provider adds, the more expensive their service becomes as they will no doubt raise prices every time the add a channel. Why does Bell need to add these channels, if there was high demand for them I am sure they would have added them by now?!

Having said that though, the following channels on your list will be added at some point:

ABC Spark (replaces Dusk in the lineup of all providers at the end of March)
    CTS Alberta, OMNI Alberta & Joytv stations will be added eventually due to CRTC mandate regarding locals

MuchMoreRetro & MuchLOUD- these are a mystery to me, they should be available on Bell considering they own the channels. You could argue that Bell satellite has capacity issues but why are they not available on Bell Fibe?! I suspect something may be happening with these channels (re-branding, shut down?!), which may be why they have not added them.

[quote=CDN Viewer;53615]

You are contradicting yourself here, which one is it- very little demand for the channel or high cost?!
    Both. Low demand + high price = few providers.

I would go with high cost, Rogers probably paid a lot for the programming rights and licensing of the FX brand so now they are trying to recoup some of those costs by charging a higher fee.
    I agree. FOX isn't known for their low prices.

It appears that may have also underestimated the popularity of this channel as providers do not appear to be in a rush to add FX Canada.
    Exactly (assuming you meant to say overestimated, not underestimated) that's what I mean when I say there isn't much demand for the channel. Rogers appears to have overestimated the popularity and likely charged a high price for the channel and very few cable companies took the bait. They gave the channel a great marketing campaign before launch (they even purchased ads on CTV's online video player) but they have clearly overestimated the value. I think they overestimated the value of CityNews Channel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Rogers is probably trying to bundle Citynews Channel with FX Canada and its could be the reason for Bell not picking up the channels at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    They aren't allowed to do that. They can't force Bell to carry CityNews Channel if they want to carry FX Canada.
    That's a bit naive.
    There is a difference between bundle and force.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan View Post
    There is a difference between bundle and force.
    I just remember Bell was trying to do the same thing with its specialty channels lineup not too long ago, I think it was mention on the forum, but it would make sense that Rogers would be pulling the same tactic.
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Bell Fibe lets get FX Canada

Bell Fibe needs to get with the times and add FX Canda to the lineup come on you own the Leafs wit Rogers lets cooperate a little.

Speaking of Bell Fibe, anyone know where to find a current channel lineup for this service as Bell does not seem to want to provide one?! The Fibe TV website had a link for the channel lineup but it was recently removed for some reason?! Also, unlike the Bell TV site, there is no online guide listed on the Bell Fibe website.

Zap2It is probably the best way to see the current Fibe Tv lineup

To see a current Fibe Tv lineup, you can always use the Zap2It website. That seems to be the easiest way without actually having to download PDFs or whatever else Bell wants us to do (my dialup connection is too slow to see what each Bell PDF contains).

Otherwise, the most "current" Bell Fibe Tv channel lineup that I could stumble across is for November 28, 2011:

http://fibetv.bell.ca/global/resourc...nelList_ON.pdf
    [current as of November 28, 2011]

There's also an online Fibe TV guide, but you need to log in to see it (although I don't know if it even works):

http://tvonline.bell.ca/tvonline/ser...FibeGuide-tabs
    [Log in to supposedly see the Fibe Tv guide results]

EDIT: Wikipedia also lists the Fibe Tv channel lineup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bell_TV_channels
    Last edited by PokerFace; 06-28-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to add wiki link