Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Bell TV: New Channels

Recently Bell ExpressVu launched APTN HD, channel 808.
    Last edited by musimax; 08-10-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Is this one a full time HD channel or a filler for when they air the APTN awards show like last year?

It appears to be a full time HD channel just like Showcase HD would be, not sure how much of the programming is actually shot in HD tho, I can't imagine a whole lot, but then again I don't really know much about APTN.

APTN HD, their discription

APTN HD delivers programs shot in true high definition format, giving viewers an experience like no other! APTN HD is unique with outstanding programming that appeals to all Canadians. Discover documentaries that take you around the world, exploring nature, cultural history and Indigenous Peoples. From award-winning dramas and kidsí programming to health and wellness, there is something for everyone on APTN HD.

On June 17, Bell added 2 new HD channels to its line-up:
    • CBC HD West (Vancouver feed); channel 804
    • Global HD West (Vancouver feed); channel 806

Alot of people will most likely not be happy with Global BC HD on Bell, alot of people watched the HD west coast american feeds without simulcast.

True, for those who hate simulcasting and like to watch the American feeds, this is not a good addition to the line-up at all.

Alot of people also compain about Global HD's brodcasts compared to the US net, now they will have no way to escape.

It will get even worse once they add E! Ontario HD.

Starting today, Bell TV just added TSN2 (channel 403) and TSN2 HD (channel 848).

TSN2 is part of the "Sports 1" theme pack and TSN2 HD is part of the "HD Sports" pack.

Although I'm surprised it took until two weeks after the initial launch for TSN2 to be finally available on Bell TV, it is major news. I noticed its addition while channel surfing overnight; they were showing a late feed of a CFL football game from Friday evening.

I assume that both Bell and TSN were just finalizing the terms of the deal to ensure that it would come at no extra cost for subscribers who already had the Sports 1 package.

As for TSN's alternate feed on channel 402 - the only purpose for it I guess is to show encores of live sporting events that viewers might have missed on both of the TSN channels...other than that, even for one channel, it's just taking up worthless space just like some of the many other channels on Bell TV. That, and TSN2 simply makes it expendable now.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Alot of people also compain about Global HD's brodcasts compared to the US net, now they will have no way to escape.

It will get even worse once they add E! Ontario HD.
    Why do they complain?

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    As for TSN's alternate feed on channel 402 - the only purpose for it I guess is to show encores of live sporting events that viewers might have missed on both of the TSN channels...other than that, even for one channel, it's just taking up worthless space just like some of the many other channels on Bell TV. That, and TSN2 simply makes it expendable now.
    I believe is is only for when there is a CFL blackout now, so as you said it really is worthless.

Great to hear that TSN2 comes in the same package as TSN. I can't see Star Choice doing this though.

will bell tv ever going to add tcm and amc during this year?

Bell has added The Golf Channel HD on channel 853.

A little while ago I heard that Bell had added or were testing a few channels and The Golf Channel HD was one of the channels in that mix. So now that Golf HD has been added, does anyone know if those other channels have been added? I'm not sure on the names of them all but some of them are: AM640 Toronto Radio (990), The Team 1200 Ottawa (991), The Fan 960 Toronto (992) and AM 630 CHED Toronto (993). The last one, I'm not sure what the name is but someone said the EPG is "ONHD" (229).

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post

A little while ago I heard that Bell had added or were testing a few channels and The Golf Channel HD was one of the channels in that mix. So now that Golf HD has been added, does anyone know if those other channels have been added? I'm not sure on the names of them all but some of them are: AM640 Toronto Radio (990), The Team 1200 Ottawa (991), The Fan 960 Toronto (992) and AM 630 CHED Toronto (993). The last one, I'm not sure what the name is but someone said the EPG is "ONHD" (229).

on another sat forum, they mention that TMN-P (open tv) was on 276 and MC-P(OPEN TV) was on 313. any news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post

AM 630 CHED is Edmonton. :)
    ________
    ROASTING FOOD
    Last edited by HT Gearhead; 03-21-2011 at 11:32 AM.