Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Ed the Sock's I Hate Hollywood, May 2, CHCH

It's been a couple of years since we were first promised this was going to be on CHCH, but better late than never I suppose.
    From Twitter and Facebook:
    "Ed the Sock's I Hate Hollywood!" will run every week on CHCH TV 11 on Wednesdays@10:30PM, Saturdays@9:30PM & Sundays@5:30PM.
    Debuts May 2.
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 07-26-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: link to old thread had to be updated

Oh, the irony!!!

Ed the Clueless.

I read somewhere that CHEK Victoria also picked up the show.
    What's odd is that the show doesn't appear in either CHEK and CJNT's schedule...
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that I Hate Hollywood would EVENTUALLY make it's way to Metro 14 and CHEK. So who knows when it will actually appear on their skeds.

This week Channel Zero is radio-promoting Avatar for sunday 8pm, but Vidéotron's TV Listings and Zap2It lists it 9pm to 11pm...

So, I hate Hollwood may be scheduled somewhere, it just won't appear in the schedule. I'm not sure CJNT is taken seriously.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

It's not on CHCH now, when it was supposed to be on.
    I did see it mentioned in some listings for the previously described days and times, but I did not see any promos for it anywhere, including when I watched the first 20 minutes of Jimmy Kimmel on CHCH the last two nights.
    From Facebook and Twitter on Tuesday from Ed:
    Update - "I Hate Hollywood" will not debut tomorrow night as planned. Technical difficulties is all I can tell you. New date when I have it.
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 05-04-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Has this show even made it to air yet? It keeps showing up in the listings, and is scheduled to run after a 2 1/2 hour movie at various times during the week, but it looks like it keeps getting pushed back.

Or are they just going to wait until the fall - they have it scheduled for Mondays at 10:30pm.

The most recent specific thing I can see from Ed on twitter was on May 23.
    Once again, I Hate Hollywood will not debut as scheduled tonight. Please don't ask why, let's just call it 'red tape'. New date soon. Again
    I haven't seen any promotion at all from CHCH for it. I'm guessing they would be doing something if/when they know they're airing it.

When I flipped past CHCH earlier today, a side bar that listed what was on the station tonight had "I Hate Hollywood" on at 10:30 p.m., but it wasn't. You'd think they would know what was going to be on their own station, but apparently not.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/rabbitears/tel...lywood-debuts/
    Ed The Sock's I Hate Hollywood officially debuts Monday, Sept. 17 on CHCH...
    Has CHCH been promoting this at all? Or do they still have no idea what's going to be on their own station? I see it also in some TV listings for tomorrow (Saturday) at 1 PM and 7:30 PM, as well as Monday at 10:30 PM, but obviously it would not be the first time if it failed to appear yet again. Edit: I just watched CHCH for a few minutes, and they said that Ed The Sock will be appearing on Monday Morning Live, so maybe the Monday night debut of I Hate Hollywood could be for real this time?
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 09-14-2012 at 05:26 PM.

What's up with Ed The Sock? The two (or was it three?) year build up was longer than the one year of the few episodes of I Hate Hollywood and its repeats lasted on CHCH.
    A web-only Fromage 2013 was made available on Jan. 2, 2014,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SryrFZpLKzg

and there's lots of older stuff on Youtube.
    His website appears to have been abandoned. It looks like twitter.com/edthesock is the only place he regularly updates, where I see Ed and Liana have recently been making an audio podcast approximately once a week,
    http://soundcloud.com/ed-the-sock

and Ed made an appearance on Sportsnet a couple of weeks ago.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...d-and-strombo/

It's a little uncomfortable-looking with Cybulski's forced laughing, and over the years Ed hasn't seemed to be a guy who pays much attention to sports. But I guess he could get away with making this kind of semi-regular short segment with prepared jokes.

Does anyone still watch these daily sports highlights shows (Sportsdesk, Connected, or whatever they're called) now? Like music videos on Much(music), hasn't the internet made them obsolete? Who would sit through all of it to see the one or maybe two clips you were waiting for?

Edit: If he had to name his podcast, why choose WTF, the same as Marc Maron's very well known and popular podcast?
    http://www.wtfpod.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/ed-the-sock
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 08-20-2014 at 10:55 AM.

I'll sometimes watch portions of ESPN's Sportcenter online if I want to watch highlights of something (or listen to a discussion about a controversial play) before (or shortly after) those highlights go up on major websites, and since ESPN (and others) has the sidebar on the left side of the screen, I can quickly see what will be covered, and then determine if I need to stick around after my highlights are done.

I assumed that Ed the Sock was buried in a sock drawer somewhere, but it's good to know that he's still alive.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.