Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I understand the limitation they have for HD channel, but SD channel takes so little space, they could at least have the SD versions of the most popular english channels still missing.

I am sure they could easily add AMC SD and Superchannel SD and not really be affected in bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    I understand the limitation they have for HD channel, but SD channel takes so little space, they could at least have the SD versions of the most popular english channels still missing.

I am sure they could easily add AMC SD and Superchannel SD and not really be affected in bandwidth.
    I spoke with Videotron this week to find out about AMC and Superchannel. I was told that AMC could be added soon as they have information about the channel in their system. They have no information about Superchannel though - I'm not even sure the girl I spoke with had even heard of the channel.

If enough people call and ask for those channels, they could add it. I like to use the extra line of "I'll switch to Bell Fibe tv if I have to go, to get those channels" to make sure they at least record the request. It's a shame that we can't get these channels here. There are so many useless channels on Videotron - why not cut the waste and add channels that people will watch?

Wild TV will be added August 3rd on channel 56 with a free preview.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Metro 14 HD (CJNT) has been added this morning on channel 614

TVA Sports has been added to line-up. Channel 24 in SD and 624 in HD.
    Free preview on.

3 new spanish services were added today and will be in free preview until January 3rd:

- TLN en Español (248)
    - Caracol TV Internacional (258)
    - Tele Niños (259) (Telelatino All Spanish Children’s Television)

Unfortunately, Canal Sur (260) and Eurochannel (262) were removed.
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Guess I forgot to update this thread when RDS2 was added.

Apparently, if you're taking RDS in your à la carte choices, they force you to take RDS2 as well, which automatically counts as another à la carte choice. On the other hand, TSN and TSN2 always come together and count for 1 choice.

On Janaury 23, 2012, Vidéotron added:
    - Discovery Channel HD (664)
    - Bravo! HD (669)
    - Space HD (670)
    - RDS Info (699) which launched today.

Videotron adds Sportsnet ONE

Montréal, February 21, 2012 – In response to popular demand, Videotron is enhancing its sports line-up with the addition of Sportsnet ONE as of February 23. Videotron customers will be able to get their fill of hockey, soccer, mixed martial arts and tennis on the eagerly awaited Canadian sport service during the free preview of its channel, which extends until March 31, 2012.

Sports fans will be able to tune in Sportsnet ONE on channels 177 (standard) and 777 (HD). The English-language channel covers Major League Baseball and NBA games, particularly the Blue Jays and the Raptors. Sportsnet ONE also carries live coverage of major international events such as English Premier League soccer, UEFA Champions League soccer, Indian Premier League cricket, cycling, tennis and more.

Subscribers to Videotron’s Digital TV service will get a free preview of Sportsnet ONE until March 31, after which it will be available as part of several packages or à la carte. For more information, visit videotron.com

* The new HD channel is available throughout Videotron’s service area, with the exception, for now, of the La Malbaie area.

Source: http://corpo.videotron.com/site/pres...ss-release/612

Canal Indigo 2 HD (pay-per-view) was added today. Not an exciting news, but it's there.

CBC's news French digital channel, Explora, will be added in SD and HD on March 28.

ABC Spark in standard definition was added today on channel 115. Free preview until Sept 4th.

Télé-Achats or Shopping TVA channel has shut down at midnight.

Also, Prise 2 HD is expected to launch, in a very bad business decision.

On August 27, 2012 :
    Prise 2 HD launched on channel 695. No free preview.

On August 29 :
    - Nat Geo Wild was added on channel 118 with a 3 months preview.
    - Food HD, HGTV HD and Showcase HD were added.

September 27 to October 31, 2012
    Launch and free preview
    NFL Network on channels 119 and 719 (in HD)

October 1 to October 31, 2012
    Investigation Discovery on channel 135

Finally, Lifetime on channel 131 is currently on free preview. This will end November 30th, 2012.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Starting today, FX Canada is available to Videotron subscribers in SD on channel 210 and in HD on channel 810.

more
    Randi Dertzo

Super Écran 3 and 4 HD have been added today at position 703 and 704.

On January 23, CIBL-FM was added as radio service, and Canal Indigo 3 HD launched, airing 24/7 adult movies.

From an article in today's Montreal Gazette: Vidéotron announced that it will be adding American channel AMC — which broadcasts popular shows like Breaking Bad and Walking Dead — to its television service in the coming days.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...#ixzz2LYtgopq1

I have been asking them for about 3years now to add. Finally! I only hope it's part of the movie package like they did with FX Canada.

AMC and AMC HD have FIANLLY been added to Videotron's Illico line-up today March 1st.

AMC can be found on channel 209 and AMC HD on channel 809. With these position it indicates it will be available with the superstation package like FX Canada recently added.

Vanessa TV in english has launched today on channel 223.
    Randi Dertzo

After 5 months of inactivity, Videotron finally added TLC HD and History HD, as well as the HD version of CFTU-DT (Canal Savoir).