Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Mobile Content

Mobile Content

Mobile content.
    To start I'm not a Bell Canada or Rogers customer. I get most of my news on my Blackberry.
    The CBC gets more online views for a reason. Most of the news also comes with video so you can read the story or watch it. The mobile sites for CTV and City do not have any video content. As for Global I don't think they have a mobile site, but on the main site the Video does not work on my Blackberry. CFPL ( CTV 2) does have most of there news on youtube with some web only content.

CBC also puts a lot of there programing on youtube.

So if Bell wants me to see there content maybe they should make it easy for me to watch without having to be a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by aytononline View Post
    To start I'm not a Bell Canada or Rogers customer. I get most of my news on my Blackberry.
    Same, except I get news through my Android.

Most of the news also comes with video so you can read the story or watch it. The mobile sites for CTV and City do not have any video content. As for Global I don't think they have a mobile site, but on the main site the Video does not work on my Blackberry.

CBC also puts a lot of there programing on youtube.
    Mobile video content for CTV and Citytv is only available to iPhone/iPad customers, same with Global. CBC does have a iPhone/iPad app, but like you said, you can get video content from the CBC through Youtube as their mobile site supports the 3GP video format.

So if Bell wants me to see there content maybe they should make it easy for me to watch without having to be a customer.
    I wouldn't be surprised if their mobile department is fill with Apple Fanboys, the ones who only have programmed by point-and-click with a thin knowledge of Apple Cocoa/Objective-C and no other programming language experience at all.
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

i wish CTV, Global and Citytv would release an android app. at least with flash on android you can still watch tv shows on their desktop websites.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmattxx View Post
    i wish CTV, Global and Citytv would release an android app. at least with flash on android you can still watch tv shows on their desktop websites.
    Adobe Flash will no longer be avaible on Android devices 4.0 and up as HTML5 video tag support is encouraged (but will never be used) for web videos now.

i completely forgot about that. They better get moving on HTML5 though i doubt they ever will.

Mobile content.
    As for Global I don't think they have a mobile site, but on the main site the Video does not work on my Blackberry.
    Shaw is planning to totally revamp GlobalNews.ca in early 2013 with a format that is easy to read and view on ALL platforms, including mobile with a goal of being better and different than the competition. They have had incredible success with news on-air and are committed to becoming a news powerhouse on all platforms. So don't worry, the first great mobile news experience is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Shaw is planning to totally revamp GlobalNews.ca in early 2013 with a format that is easy to read and view on ALL platforms, including mobile with a goal of being better and different than the competition. They have had incredible success with news on-air and are committed to becoming a news powerhouse on all platforms. So don't worry, the first great mobile news experience is on the way!
    They all have a mobile site (CBC, CTV, Citytv) but the question was, why does the CBC have mobile video content of news across every platform, but Global, CTV and Citytv is restricted to one platform (iPhone/iPad). You can watch BT Toronto live on your iPad and watch Citynews or CTV News through your iPhone/iPad as well, but not for Android, Blackberry or Windows Mobile phone. It's because they leave this up to their mobile or IT department who are either filled with Apple fanboys who have no experience outside of programming Objective-C and HTML or have restrictions on using outside platforms, like YouTube, to distribute your content.

P.S. Nice sales pitch. Now if you can get GlobalNews to support HTML5 with video on their mobile and desktop website. I will parse Global and Shaw Media like a god.