Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Icon2 Channel Canada Forums now with Facebook Connect

Since I no longer have problems with the server, I now have the time to play with new features for Channel Canada and the forums. Today, I've activated Facebook Connect.

At the top of each thread, a like button will appear so you can share the thread with your friends.

Facebook Connect also enables you to link your forums account with your Facebook account. Once this is done, it will be possible to have a one click login.

To link your account:
    1. Log in to the forums like you normally do.
    2. Click on the "Connect" button and follow the instructions

Next time you're logged out of the forums but connected to Facebook, click on the "Connect" button and you will be automatically logged in (no need to enter your username and password). If you're not connected on Facebook, you will be asked your Facebook username and password.

For unregistered members, click on the "Connect" button or click here and follow the instructions.

When linking your Facebook account, the following information will be imported: Biography, Location, Interests, Occupation and Date of birth. If you don't wan't this information added to your forums account, uncheck the appropriate fields in the form.

As usual, if there's a problem with this new feature or any other problems with Channel Canada and its forums, do not hesitate to contact me (Private Message, forums contact form, email (rad@channelcanada.com) or create a thread in the "Announcements and Support" forum.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

I wont touch facebook or any other "social network" with a 10 foot pole, anyone who does is toast.

1.11 billion users are toast.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/