Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

[PR] ABC Announces Premiere Dates for Sexy New Drama "Mistresses"

[02/27/13 - 10:04 AM]
    ABC Announces Premiere Dates for Hit Reality Series "The Bachelorette," Along With Sexy New Drama "Mistresses"
    "The Bachelorette" returns Monday, May 20 followed by "Mistresses" on Monday, May 27.

[via press release from ABC]
    ABC ANNOUNCES PREMIERE DATES FOR HIT REALITY SERIES "THE BACHELORETTE," ALONG WITH SEXY NEW DRAMA "MISTRESSES"

Both Shows Will Air Mondays on ABC Beginning in May

New Bachelorette Will Be Announced Live During "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose"

The hit reality romance series "The Bachelorette" will return to the ABC schedule, along with "Mistresses," a sexy new scripted drama, on Monday nights beginning in May.

"The Bachelorette," now in its ninth season, will premiere MONDAY, MAY 20 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network, before moving to its regular time slot of 8:00-10:00 p.m., ET the following week. The identity of the latest Bachelorette will be revealed during "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose," airing LIVE on MONDAY, MARCH 11 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET).

"Mistresses," starring Alyssa Milano, Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes and Jes Macallan, will premiere MONDAY, MAY 27 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Based on the acclaimed UK series, "Mistresses" is a provocative new drama about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery

Additional summer scheduling information will be announced at a later date.

"THE BACHELORETTE"

This season the hit romance reality series will feature its ninth edition with the lucky new Bachelorette getting to know 25 fortunate men via a series of social gatherings and exotic, romantic dates - some in groups, some individually. She will introduce some of the men to her family and will visit their hometowns for a slice of their lives in an effort to determine the man with whom she is most compatible. At the end of the journey, filled with drama and surprises against the backdrop of spectacular international settings and featuring innovative twists and special guest stars, the Bachelorette may quite possibly have found true love. But the big question is: After all of this, will she hand out her final rose? And if she does, will the final bachelor accept it and propose?

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelorette" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.

"MISTRESSES"

Based on the hit UK television series of the same name, "Mistresses" is a provocative and thrilling drama about the scandalous lives of a sexy and sassy group of four girlfriends, each on her own path to self-discovery: Savannah ("Savi"), a successful career woman working toward the next phase in her life, both professionally and personally; Savi's free-spirited and capricious baby sister, Josslyn; their friends April, a recent widow and mother of a ten-year-old daughter, and Karen, a therapist with her own thriving practice. These four friends find support and guidance with each other as they brave their turbulent journeys and life's storms of excitement, secrecy and betrayal, all the while bound by the complex relationships they've created.

"Mistresses" stars Alyssa Milano as Savannah ("Savi") Davis, Yunjin Kim as Karen Kim, Rochelle Aytes as April Malloy, Jes Macallan as Josslyn Carver, Brett Tucker as Harry Davis, Jason George as Dominic Taylor and Erik Stocklin as Sam Grey.

The series is executive-produced by Rina Mimoun ("Privileged," "Gilmore Girls"), K.J. Steinberg ("Gossip Girl"), Robert Sertner ("Revenge," "No Ordinary Family") and Douglas Rae ("Wuthering Heights," "Camelot," "Mistresses," "Raw," "Meadowlands"). The series is from ABC Studios.

Source : http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20130227abc02/
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

The premiere for Mistresses have been pushed a week. It'll be June 3rd.

Also, Motive will premiere tuesday May 21, then move to its home on thurdays May 23rd at 9pm, followed by Rookie Blue at 10pm. Yup! 2 Canadian shows on the same night!

Other reality and competition shows will also premiere...
    Read more : http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20130321abc02/
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Hmm. Rookie Blue should take a ratings hit when it follows Motive.

I expect Motive to eventually be moved to a cemetery where it can rest in peace. If the Americans actually watch Motive, I will be shocked ... even if it airs against American reruns.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

I'll admit Motive is no Flashpoint, in fact far from it. But is it really that bad? Maybe I've just been a sucker for Canadian shows as of late (The Listener, Rookie Blue, Republic of Doyle come to mind now that they're all proven and have lasted three seasons, going on four). Although it was rough with the move to Thursday last week, we'll see whether those numbers pick up during two weeks with limited competition. In other words, I've already started tuning in since the beginning, I might as well continue for the rest of the season, regardless of its fate.

As for ABC, I do question the decision to put two Canadian shows back-to-back. I thought it would have been better to pair Motive with their new unscripted offering, Whodunnit? Think about it, you've got two shows based on the same concept of solving a crime (one show looks at why, the other show tries to figure out who). Then again, and I'm just saying - with all the many crime shows already on the air, one hour might be considered too many for some to capture the viewer's attention, let alone two.

If Rookie Blue takes a hit, then ABC could try swapping timeslots with Motive - it performed well leading out with Wipeout during its first season.
    Last edited by lostjon; 03-22-2013 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    As for ABC, I do question the decision to put two Canadian shows back-to-back.
    Syfy did better since January 2013 :

- 8pm : Continuum
    - 9pm : Being Human
    - 10pm : Lost Girl
    ... and Warehouse 13 will take-over at 10pm starting April 29.

Anyways, CTV will obviously simulcast reruns of US-first-run Motive.

I quite enjoy Motive . Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira are terrific but i wish we had more backstory about the male lead . Lauren Holly is also quite good the little she is in it and the young detective Brendan Penny complements the leads . The stories are written well enough to hold my interest and the twists about motive are usually well done if not sometimes easily seen . I'm surprised that Motive is the lead in to Rookie Blue and not vice-versa as well .
    Last edited by sherds; 03-22-2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: names