Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I will make the updates.

For Tele-Quebec, I always use CIVM-DT from Montreal as that is the channel name. Typically in my listings I use the main licensed transmitter to reference the channel name regardless of location unless it's a semi-satellite that modifies the main signal; example CFCN-DT-5 Lethbridge. In Ontario for example all channel lists references CIII-DT-41 (Global - Toronto) even though markets like Ottawa have their own rebroadcast transmitter.

Another update for Fibe:

677- Apna HD has apparently been dropped as it is not listed on the Bell Fibe channel lineup listing (http://channel.bell.ca/pdf/channels-...pdf?v=20141208). I presume the accompanying radio stations (684-687) are also gone?!

677 APNA HD
    684-687 Radio Stationd

They are still in the IPG guide. It stil say you an sub to them.
    It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.You should try it sometime. What?Don't frown.It just went down.Its fun being weird.You should try it sometime. The Detour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjT-QOJG9qQ

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_T View Post
    677 APNA HD
    684-687 Radio Stationd

They are still in the IPG guide. It stil say you an sub to them.
    They are not listed on Bell's website nor in the channel lineup list that I posted above. Most likely Bell hasn't removed the listings from the guide yet, they did the same thing with the Chinese channels that were removed from Bell satellite a few months ago. They will still listed in the guide for a while after they were actually removed.

Videotron added Cartoon Network on April 2nd, Playboy HD on March 25th, moved NHL, Speed (new name), Golf, Fight Network, NFL Network and BeIN Sports next to the recently-moved TSN.

Also, new logo for Showcase.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

Vidéotron is shuffling their lineup again. All sports together, news together, kids together, music together...
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

Althohgh I don't have Videotron. it makes sense. It's easier to find your specific channel. I wish Bell Fibe would do that with their ethnic services.Rogers is even worst. Their channel lineup is all over the place.
    It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.You should try it sometime. What?Don't frown.It just went down.Its fun being weird.You should try it sometime. The Detour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjT-QOJG9qQ

Some updates for ethnic services for various providers:

Rogers

787- MBC replaced with Rotana Masriyah
    788- MBC Masr replaced with Rotana Cinema
    872- Al Arabiya replaced with Sky News Arabia
    893- Aksyon TV International has been dropped
    882- NTV Canada replaced with CTC International

Bell Satellite
    The following channels have been dropped in the last few months:

ATN Urdu
    ARY Digital
    Geo TV
    Filmy
    Big Magic International

RTL International (German) has launched on Bell Satellite, Bell Fibe & Rogers.

I'm going to assume channels dropped are specific to the providers above? I know for example the Aksyon TV is Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I'm going to assume channels dropped are specific to the providers above? I know for example the Aksyon TV is Shaw.
    Yes, I indicated the providers and what changes have been made. The only change that is for all providers, which I forgot to mention is NTV Canada has shut down. Aside from Rogers who replaced it with another channel, it was also carried by Bell TV & Bell Fibe but they have not replaced it with anything.

According to your list it appears Bell TV is slowly getting out of the ethnic services, yet their Fibe service seems to be adding ethnic services like there's no tomorrow? Over 250 and still coming?

Bell has no choice because they need to make room for HD channels. They will not be getting any new satellite space so eliminating ethnics is one of the few things they can do. They can also remove SD channels but that effects far more customers than ethnic subs.

I would think at some point both Bell and Shaw Direct will start to decommission SD signals so that there isn't so much duplication. Shaw Direct/Shaw Broadcast could also start to migrate many of the Anik F2 transponders over to MPEG-4 compression and change the FEC rate to match Anik G1. To be honest I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by bigoranget; 02-11-2016 at 04:10 PM.

True.
    But?
    They ccould of had space, if they nevewr leased 72 to Dish Network.

I can't comment on Shaw Direct, but if BTV ever wants to "Truly" expand there bandwidth, either they'll need to take back 72 or replace all their SD receivers with MPEG 4 receivers like Dish Network did for their eastern arc of sats. and convert all their SD channels to MPEG 4 otherwise they'll never win the sat wars?

But like others have stated it appears Bell is pushing Fibe over BTV, even if Bell was to get the Hopper & Joey, they still have band issue a channel selection?

Bell has no choice because they need to make room for HD channels.
    There's not really that many quality HD channels that they are missing, this is all subjective as I don't know how popular these channels really are but some notable ones they are missing are: CMT HD, MTV HD, Travel & Escape HD, Teletoon French HD & BBC World News HD.

I agree with Tom, they should remove the SD feeds and/or convert everything to MPEG-4, those two things should free up quite a bit of room. I am quite certain they can down convert an HD feed to SD for those that still have SD receivers for whatever reason?!

According to your list it appears Bell TV is slowly getting out of the ethnic services, yet their Fibe service seems to be adding ethnic services like there's no tomorrow? Over 250 and still coming?
    It looks like they are keeping the ones with the most subscribers on satellite and everything else will be only on Fibe. IPTV has unlimited bandwidth, they can add as many channels as they want. I believe the reason they are adding so many ethnics is to compete with the online world and all the IPTV services that are springing up offering ethnic channels. Of course they can't truly compete because with Fibe TV you are forced to subscribe to a basic package before being able to subscribe to any of the ethnics- this doesn't exist with the ethnic IPTV services.

​That or the ones required to be the CRTC

Bell sat SD receivers cannot see their HD signals. If Bell choose to replace their custormers SD receivers with HD, any customers that are still using SD TV’s would be able to pull the SD feed from the receivers. But, this would be a large expense for Bell. Eventually most of their customers will switch the receivers on their own, as it is no longer possible to get SD receivers from Bell. When there are few enough customers with SD equipment, Bell my make the decision to change everyone left over, but they need to be able to see the cost benefits for them.

What makes you think Bell would pay to replace their customers' outdated SD receivers?
    A few years ago Bell had no trouble telling me and everyone else getting their SD TV VDSL service that it was being discontinued and we could choose to either cancel our Bell TV service (as I did), or buy or rent a new terminal from them and pay a lot more to subscribe to their new HD service, which also required you to pay to subscribe to their internet service (unlike their SD TV service).
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 02-15-2016 at 04:30 PM.

I've made some updates to my website this weekend.

Still need to update the following guides...

Eastlink
    Delta Cable
    Rogers Atlantic
    Bell Alliant
    Cablevision (Quebec)
    Dery Telecom
    tbayTel

There is likely still some references to Movie Central and Bio that need to be cleaned up as well.

My site has moved over to http://www.channelguides.ca Shaw, Source Cable, Cogeco (Ontario & Quebec) and VMedia have been updated. Videotron, Rogers and Rogers Atlantic should be updated later today. Bell Fibe, Bell Satellite, Telus Optik should be updated tomorrow.