Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Icon4 George Stroumboulopoulos on CNN -- A ratings flop!

I liked the first episode of Stroumboulopolississippi on CNN (Sunday at 10pm), but found the second episode (which aired in its regular Friday 11pm timeslot) to be too dull, but only because the interviews offered nothing that I hadn't heard before (Bill Maher, Jay Baruchel and Ellen Page).

The ratings were awful, but the ratings for the second episode did improve slightly.

Tonight's Friday episode (with Larry King, etc.) was postponed until Friday July 12 at 11pm ET.

There are 8 episodes left to air, but if the July 12th ratings fall any lower, George might be cancelled or bumped to another timeslot even less favourable than Fridays at 11pm.

By the way, TNT's Boston Finest has been renewed for a second season (6 episodes), and CNN will air the season 1 reruns (I wonder if they will be blacked out in Canada, since Bravo owns the Canadian rights -- unless Bravo only owns the first-run rights?)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06...n_3465343.html
    [Stroumbo's CNN ratings fail to impress]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/...ticle12496633/
    [George's new CNN show sinks in the ratings]
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

TVguide.com and George's Twitter and Facebook pages still mention that his show is on tonight at 11pm on CNN. However, Zap2It lists an Anderson Cooper 360 episode instead.

I'm curious to see if CNN will actually air Stroumboulopoulos as they are supposed to, even though that Zimmerman trial has the US hooked.

I doubt that even the Larry King interview will improve Stroumbo's lousy ratings ... assuming that it actually airs tonight.

Good luck, George ... you'll need it.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 07-12-2013 at 10:10 PM. Reason: I can't spell Stroumbo...

It's 11 o'clock ... do you know where George Stroumboulopoulos is? No, but I know where George Zimmerman is ... he's on CNN.

So, Anderson Cooper 360 bumps George once again.

Zap2It was one of the only guides to correctly list Anderson Cooper 360 at 11pm.

Stroumbo is finally back on CNN (the Larry King episode), right now.

Real Time with Bill Maher Overtime is also on right now via HBO.com (later on YouTube).