Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

[PR] ABC Announces Fall Series Premiere Dates for 2013-14 Season

ABC ANNOUNCES FALL SERIES PREMIERE DATES FOR 2013-14 SEASON

Below are ABC's fall premiere dates for the 2013-14 season. All times listed are ET; new shows are in bold:

Friday, September, 6
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "20/20"

Monday, September 16
    8:00-10:00 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"

Friday, September 20
    8:00-8:30 p.m. "Last Man Standing"
    8:30-9:00 p.m. "The Neighbors"
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "Shark Tank"

Monday, September 23
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Castle"

Tuesday, September 24
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
    9:00-9:30 p.m. "The Goldbergs"
    9:30-10:00 p.m. "Trophy Wife"
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Lucky 7"

Wednesday, September 25
    8:00-8:30 p.m. "The Middle"
    8:30-9:00 p.m. "Back in the Game"
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "Modern Family" (special one-hour premiere event)
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Nashville"

Thursday, September 26
    9:00-11:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy" (special two-hour premiere event)

Sunday, September 29
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time"
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "Revenge"
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Betrayal"

Wednesday, October 2
    9:30-10:00 p.m. "Super Fun Night"

Thursday, October 3
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Scandal"

Sunday, October 6
    7:00-8:00 p.m. "America's Funniest Home Videos"

Thursday, October 10
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland"

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20130716abc03/

[08/04/13 - 10:30 AM]
    ABC Announces Premiere Dates for New Midseason Drama "Resurrection," Along with New Alternative Series "The Quest"
    New drama "Resurrection" will premiere on Sunday, March 9 while "The Quest" will debut on Thursday, January 2.

[via press release from ABC]
    ABC ANNOUNCES PREMIERE DATES FOR NEW MIDSEASON DRAMA "RESURRECTION," ALONG WITH NEW ALTERNATIVE SERIES "THE QUEST"

Continuing Its Commitment to a Split Season Strategy, the Network Also Announced Spring Premieres for Key Returning Series Which Will Run with Few or No Repeats

Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment Group, today announced the premiere dates for new midseason series "Resurrection" and "The Quest," along with spring premiere dates for key returning series, now structured into split seasons to allow for fewer or no preemptions or repeats.

New drama "Resurrection" will premiere on Sunday, March 9 at 10:00 p.m., ET, taking over the timeslot for "Betrayal" when that show's season concludes. New alternative series "The Quest" will debut on Thursday, January 2 with a special two-hour premiere from 8:00-10:00 p.m., ET, moving into the timeslot held by "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland," following its season finale.

Continuing the network's commitment to the split season strategy announced at this year's Upfront presentation, key returning series "Grey's Anatomy," "Nashville," "Once Upon a Time," "Revenge" and "Scandal" will return in the spring, following their winter finales, with all new episodes that will run with few or no repeats to their season finales in May.

Below are ABC's spring premiere dates for the 2013-14 season, along with the newly announced midseason premieres (in bold). All times listed are ET. The returning series' winter premiere dates will be announced at a later time.

Thursday, January 2
    8:00-10:00 p.m. "The Quest" (special two-hour premiere)

Wednesday, February 26
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Nashville"

Thursday, February 27
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "Grey's Anatomy"
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Scandal"

Sunday, March 9
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Once Upon a Time"
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "Revenge"
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Resurrection"

Source : http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20130804abc02/
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

The pilot episodes of Trophy Wife and Back in the Game are now available for streaming from ABC.com and other sites.

I liked Back in the Game, but there was an obvious gay reference towards the end that looked like it was obviously changed, so that the gay kid didn't utter this line ... "I do, I want to shove it up their butts."

The joke died because that line was instead said by the kid in the turban, so that line and scene should have been removed. The episode had plenty of other gay references and stereotypes, so I'm not sure why such an obvious scene would have been changed, unless there's a limit to the number of gay references that can appear in each episode. I was getting ready to laugh because of the obvious setup for the punch line, but when the wrong kid said the line, I felt cheated.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

The Goldbergs pilot episode is now available for streaming at ABC.com, etc.

I laughed a few times, but I assume that I will quickly get tired of all the complaining.

I'll probably stream a few of the future episodes for the 80's nostalgia.

I expected this to be a disaster, but I somehow stuck with it (without any FFwarding).

An ABC cancellation after 3 episodes wouldn't surprise me, but since I'm no longer much of a sitcom fan, I don't really care what happens to the Goldbergs.

When you see the promos for new shows on the US broadcast networks, particularly sitcoms, don't you just assume they're bad and going to be quickly canceled, even without bothering to watch any of them? It's gotten to the point that people know the best worthwhile shows are on cable channels, not the broadcast networks who seem to be stuck a few decades in the past.

Yes, I assume most of them will be bad, but some of them survive anyway.

Whodunnit? (not a sitcom) survived even though the trailer and first 5 minutes made me feel ill. The 9 episodes had 3-4 million viewers each, and a 1-1.4 rating share for Adults 18-49, which was much higher than it deserved. I assume it was a guilty pleasure for most of those viewers.

The Neighbors was initially panned by the critics and also somehow survived into a 2nd season. It had about 5-9 million viewers, settling for an avg. of 6 million viewers for the 22 episode run.

I enjoyed the first episode of Last Resort, but still haven't gotten around to watching any other episodes because I didn't see how it could sustain itself, let alone my interest. I'll watch the other episodes eventually (unless I die first).

I still haven't watched Arrow yet, even though it gets good reviews and even better ratings.

There are simply too many things to watch, even without the Internet.

Cancel all of it, so I can get some sleep.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 09-06-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    Yes, I assume most of them will be bad, but some of them survive anyway.
    My money is on "Lucky 7" being canceled, I don't think people want to watch a series about how money doesn't solve everything, its like saying "Hey America, rich people have problems too, so just be glad that your problems of being laid off or having your home repossessed won't be as bad as these charters after they win the jackpot"
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    Cancel all of it, so I can get some sleep.
    NO!!!!!!! We need you streaming 24/7 so the universe remains balanced .
    Promise and I shall nominate Pokerface for the Nobel Prize in Universal balancing .

I didn't like the Universal Balancing promo on YouTube, so I don't care if it gets picked up.

The acting and dialogue was very poor and Karen the model didn't show enough skin. Put her in a bikini and I'll tune in.

I also watched the Universal Balancing sequel: Universal Main Blade Balancer, but although the music was very suspenseful, there wasn't enough character development and the plot made no sense. Some dialogue would have been nice, but I assume that the blade didn't have much to say, anyway.

I don't know why ABC releases garbage like this!

[QUOTE=PokerFace;63878]I didn't like the Universal Balancing promo on YouTube, so I don't care if it gets picked up.

The acting and dialogue was very poor and Karen the model didn't show enough skin. Put her in a bikini and I'll tune in.

See ! That's why you'll soon be in Stockholm in a tux (or at least sent home publicly in the stocks )
    http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...QEwBA&dur=1962
    Last edited by sherds; 09-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.