Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

This forum aint very active :(

Then other forums I go to this has the very least activity on here.
    Sometimes, I almost give up on this forum because of that.

anyways

What's the biggest popular thread on here with the biggest amount of post to just curious because I have only seen topics
    with under 20 post.
    Last edited by isrs4life; 05-15-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I wanted it to sound better.

It will get more active over the next month with the American upfronts this week and the Canadian upfronts in early June. Usually now and fall are the busiest times a year. Right now, there simply isn't a lot going on in TV.

I believe that many people view this forum but choose to not become a member because they don't have anything to add but they like to read what others have to say. I was one of those people, until I needed information. I got a great deal of assistance from members of the forum. Thanks everyone for your help.
    Last edited by Avonregal; 08-10-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Unfortunately I think a lot of activity on message boards has decreased in recent years because of "social media". I don't get the attraction to it -- maybe because I'm an unsociable grown man, not an adolescent girl fascinated by Facebook. And almost nothing worth saying can be said in a 140 character 'tweet'. (#TwitterIsStupidCrapForTeenagedMorons)
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 08-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.

It's also the summertime, the slow point of the year for the television industry, so I'm not surprised its been dead lately on the forum
    "And Now for Something Completely Different..." - John Cleese (Monty Python).

I just 8 a pizza #yummy.

Luv will keep us together.

Potatoes.

Help. I'm drowning in my waterbed.

InMontreal moved to Sweden.

TVViewer was recently hired by a radio stationnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sedeflllllllllldxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/heal...174500276.html
    [Sleep-texting is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23698124
    [NZ Woman sleeps, drives and texts all at the same time]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/tech/mobile/sleep-texting
    [Sleep disorders]
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    InMontreal moved to Sweden.
    Wait, what? When did that happen ? :p
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Thank you Avonregal for your comment. The original thread was from 2011 but the fact is, it's still a rather quiet board even though they are lurkers in here (right now, there's 1 member online-me and 33 guests). I'm totally to blame for this as I don't spend as nearly as much time as I'm suppose here and on the site in general.

Donovan's Monkey is right about social media having an effect on forums in general. A few years ago, without Twitter, Facebook and the ability to comment from blogging platforms, people would've come to the forum to interact. Now they're scattered and they choose the platform they enjoy the most. However, there are still busy forums out there who have plenty of members but they usually are for a broader audience and they are rarely only about tv in Canada. Actually, I can think of one other that is exclusively about TV in Canada and it has 78% less active members than this forum.

Mayhem is also right, this is, by far, the lowest point of the year for the industry. This is about to end with the fall season upon us.

I'm open to suggestions on how you think we could try to make it more engaging.

And for those who are participating in the forums, thanks! :)
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

Since this is not a busy forum you should drop the "approval" of 1st post BS.
    There is nothing a new member hates more than that approval rule, when they see that they just say "screw you" and find another forum where their posts show up at once. Besides that, all they havta do is make one OK post, wait for approval then they can spam all they want till you finally show up and ban them.
    There are lots of ways to stop spam bots to zero, and if you cant be bothered to stop in once or twice a day to delete spam then you should ask an experienced forum administrator like ME for help.

If you are job hunting, this is not a good way to go about it. It's easy to put down the work of others. Do you have any constructive ideas on how to improve the site?

Please re-read Randi's response to my comment and let us know how you would do it better, if you were the Administrator.
    "I'm open to suggestions on how you think we could try to make it more engaging."
    Last edited by Avonregal; 10-01-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7zq View Post
    Besides that, all they havta do is make one OK post, wait for approval then they can spam all they want till you finally show up and ban them.
    If it's so easy, why don't they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by 7zq View Post
    There are lots of ways to stop spam bots to zero, and if you cant be bothered to stop in once or twice a day to delete spam then you should ask an experienced forum administrator like ME for help.
    For me to trust anyone with the moderation rights on the forum, a relationship based on trust would have to be established so I'm just going to refer you to Avonregal's comment on this one...
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/