Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Shocking Move: Court says CBS wont have to pay FCC Fine

Remember how CBS was fined big time for the Super Bowl half time show? Well CBS took the fine to court, and WON!

The Court has overturned the huge fine the FCC demanded CBS pay.

The big four networks (CBS,NBC,FOX,ABC) have teamed up and supported eachother in the FCC fines, which I think is great.

FOX, ABC, and NBC are also taking FCC fines to court.

It's amazing how extreme the FCC is when it comes to american television, they fine brodcasters for content that networks pretty much anywhere else (including Canada) can get away with. It's time for the U.S. to serisouly change it's way how it fines brodcasters.

Excessive violence doesn't seem to be too much of a concern in the States, show a little skin however - and now all of a sudden people want to play the censorship card.

Plus it was a live brodcast that CBS had no controll over.

Also the things that NBC,FOX, and ABC are getting fined for are pointless as well.

I understand that they don't want children being exposed to stuff but serisouly i'm sure kids are exposed to much more in real life than the content that brodcasters are being fined for.

Definitely a good thing to see the courts throwing this crap out. I'm not sure why American's get so up in arms about seeing skin on TV. I had a conversation with an American friend about this and I still could not understand his problem with this incident other than he found it "embarrassing" to be watching the SuperBowl in a church and having the image of a boob forced on his kids.

The fact that he had no problem promoting the violence of the game to his kids didn't matter. The fact that his kids were breast fed didn't matter. The fact that the boob wasn't really shown for more that 2 seconds at a distance didn't matter. The fact it was obscured by a giant nipple ring didn't matter. To them the very image of a boob is apparently sexual or something no matter what the context.