Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M3

So I was looking at Fashion television schedule and they basically took a lot of what was on M3, unless it was already like that before. Never really paid attention to that schedule. But not one show about Fashion, they should maybe rebrand as the Bell Media Repeat Channel...

I assume the people in the shows are wearing clothes ... Welcome to the new Fashion television.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    So I was looking at Fashion television schedule and they basically took a lot of what was on M3, unless it was already like that before. Never really paid attention to that schedule. But not one show about Fashion, they should maybe rebrand as the Bell Media Repeat Channel...
    OMG, look at that bag ! It's called a fourre-tout. You can put bits and pieces of everything in there. That's what the channel is for nowadays.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    OMG, look at that bag ! It's called a fourre-tout. You can put bits and pieces of everything in there. That's what the channel is for nowadays.
    The scheduling is atrocious especially on weekdays, flooded with encores of talk shows that already air on other Bell channels. M3 previously aired next-day encores of The Late Late Show with James Corden but that ended last year. Now, they have turned up once again on this channel, along with encores of Late Night with Seth Meyers.

Funny how Bell Media has the rights to nearly all the late-night talk shows (except for Colbert) and this is what they've done.

Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (NBC): simulcast on CTV Two, next-day encores on Much

Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC): post-release on Comedy with overnight encore, next-day encores on Much

Conan (TBS): post-release on Much and CTV, overnight encore on Much

The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS): simulcast on CTV, next-day encores on FashionTelevision (Say what?!)

Late Night with Seth Meyers (NBC): simulcast on CTV Two, next-day encores on FashionTelevision

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (Comedy Central): simulcast on Comedy, midnight on CTV, additional overnight and next-day encores on Comedy

Looking at Saturdays, they have once-a-week reruns of cancelled shows like The Mentalist and Person of Interest.

They're so embarrassed by the schedule they've taken down FTC's website. ;) http://www.ctv.ca/ftchannel is now an "oops" page on CTV's website. That was still active only just at least I'd say 2 or so weeks ago maybe.

And that fashiontelevision.com website is not for the Canadian site, even though Bell's PR page directs to it.

Fashion Television's older schedules are still online.
    What an embarrassment of riches:
    http://www.bellmedia.ca/wp-content/u...5-Schedule.pdf
    http://www.bellmedia.ca/wp-content/u...5-Schedule.pdf

And then there's the 2014 National coverage map: http://www.bellmedia.ca/wp-content/u...l_Coverage.pdf

FashionTelevision is available in 749,626 households, with a balanced regional audience...
    But if you really want to watch Fashion Television, you can watch the "real" version online for free (and even RW/FW the live feed to see what you missed):
    Last edited by PokerFace; 09-08-2016 at 04:56 PM.

And you can also watch the Dubai version of FashionTV LIVE (+ can still RW/FW it):

At this point, maybe this will be the next asset from Bell Media to either be rebranded or sold off - my bet is more likely on the latter.

First, they have taken down the channel's website - they should do the same with Book Television.

Secondly, the PR page directs the user to the Fashion Television website outside of Canada. Last year, the brand outside of Canada was acquired by a company called FashionOne based out of New York.

Maybe they are trying the same route like they did with the Much digital services they sold off to Stingray earlier? Sure, they were Category B services which meant not all providers had to carry them. Even with Fashion Television being a Category A channel (meaning it has to be carried across most providers), its subscription numbers are close to half a million and will continue to decline especially once Pick and Pay comes into play. If that number reaches the same levels like those Category B services, Bell will request to have its license revoked and then divest it to any buyer - perhaps FashionOne expands into the Canadian market and takes full control of the FT branding altogether.

Looks like 200,000 subscribers or less has become the threshold for a Canadian specialty service to no longer carry a licence- we'll wait and see how many providers choose to drop this channel over the next year.