Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    33. Chicago PD

So far, so good, but I still don't care for Chicago Fire.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

I hear you brother. :)

Have Fibe TV with over 250+ channels.

Have Dish Network with over 250+ channels

THAT'S 500+ CHANNELS!!

And at times there's nothing to watch
    :ambivalence:

Either I've seen it before? Some sports thing

Or it sucks or I can't understand what there saying.

500+ channels and nothing on.

34. Brain Games (Season 3) and Season 4 debuted in July 2014 on the National Geographic Channel (USA)[also on NatGeo Canada, but behind].

Big fan of this series ... and I still need to finish watching some of the second season episodes as well.

EDIT: I finished watching Season 4, but I still need to watch some of the second and third season episodes.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 09-07-2014 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added EDIT and also on NatGeo Canada

I finally finished the 6 episodes of Tricked ​(I enjoyed them all), so now I'll replace it with Don't Trust Andrew Mayne (A&E), even though the first 4 episodes were quite similar to each other and rather average for an illusionist series.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 01-21-2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo

35. Betas (Amazon.com)

36. Alpha House (Season 1 is 11 episodes)(Season 2 is 10 episodes - begins Oct 24, 2014) (Amazon.com)

Edit 1: I just finished FF skip-jumping through Alpha House S1 episodes 3 through 11 because I found them to be quite dull. I just started Season 2 and also found the first episode to be dull. I'm hoping it improves, or I'll be finished watching the second season even faster than the first (especially since all S2 episodes are on Amazon -- instead of waiting for Amazon to only upload one episode a week).

Edit 2: Thankfully, Season 2 did improve by the middle of episode 3 (fewer FF skip-jumps were needed). I watched up till the end of episode 8, and just need to finish the remaining two episodes.

Edit 3: The last two episodes of Season 2 were very good. Almost no skip-jumps were necessary. Nice plot development leading to a possible third season.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 10-31-2014 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Added Season 2 and the Edits

37. Duck Quacks Don't Echo (US version-National Geographic Channel)

38. Duck Quacks Don't Echo (UK version - begins in Feb. on Sky TV --> 8 episodes, though the 8th episode is a recap with some unaired bits that I haven't seen)

Fun US series, so I assume I will also enjoy the UK version --> EDIT: Yes I also enjoyed the UK version, and now there's a 2nd season of 8 episodes beginning Sept 1, 2014).

By the way, duck quacks actually DO echo, although it's often hard to tell.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/duckecho.asp
    [Quacking Echos]

http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/duck_quacks_dont_echo/
    [Quacks UK version]
    Last edited by PokerFace; 09-08-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added EDIT about UK version and now on Bite

39. Cougar Town (Season 5, but still need to eventually watch S4, etc.)

i also lost interest in two and half men

40. Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe (Season 2 - BBC2 and also on YouTube)

Nothing much to get excited about (recaps UK events and TV shows), so I often FF through the slow parts, and although Charlie does make me laugh from time to time ... the real star of this series (and even the first season, though I think she's even better now) is actually Diane Morgan (aka: Philomena Cunk). She only gets a few moments to shine, but boy does she ever shine. She has an effortless way of making herself look daft (British for stupid), and I can't stop myself from laughing out loud each time she tries to make a point.

I don't know who writes her lines, but she does a great job of not making them seem too absurd. She'd probably be a good interviewer on The Daily Show.

She does a funny review with Barry Shitpeas (in Season 1 Episode 2 at the 8 minute mark) of Call The Midwife, but I'm going to add some of her other funnier appearances in the next few posts.

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe S01E02 (featuring a Call The Midwife review at the 8 minute mark of the video):

Philomena and Barry review The Bridge (first version -- one of my favs):

Philomena Cunk's Moments of Wonder Ep 1: Time:

Philomena Cunk's Moments of Wonder Ep 2 CRIME:

Philomena Cunk Evolution:

A Good Day To Die Hard review, with Shitpeas and Cunk - Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe:

Time for some CBC love ...

41. Marketplace (I'm actually up to date with this series)

42. Four Rooms (Canada -- I prefer the UK version, but still like the CA version enough to tune in each week)

43. Dragons' Den (Canada -- I'm getting tired of it, but I still find myself tuning in each week to sample the silliness factor)

44. Splash! UK version (Season 2 -- More UK celebrities ... this season they have a man with no legs and a few lovely ladies)

45. The Voice UK (Season 3 -- I tend to lose interest after the blind auditions, but now that Kylie Minogue is a judge, I might stick around until the end)

46. The Voice of Ireland (Season 3 -- Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries is now a judge, but the Irish talent is rather lacking at times)

Now it's E!'s turn ...

47. Fashion Police (I'm not into fashion, but Joan makes me laugh and I like watching the other hosts and guests laugh at her jokes)

48. The Soup (I have to FF past some of the awful reality-show clips, but I still get enough chuckles to keep tuning in)

49. Chelsea Lately (probably needs a reboot to stay fresh, but I still watch portions of the show and some of the guest interviews -- just enough to keep me watching)

I peek at the Kardashians , but since most of it turns my stomach, I think I watch only about 2 minutes from each of the latest episodes (due to heavy FF jumps), just to see which one of them annoys me the most.

50. American Idol

I've ignored it for several years due to the annoying judges and tired formula, but decided to check it out to see what Harry Connick, Jr. brought to the table. I think the formula is still the same, but I like what Harry brings ... and JLo and K. Urban are not annoying. So, I'm ready to watch the entire season for the first time in years.

If Canadian Idol ever returns, I will sing Poker Face and hope for the best. Look out, Lady Gaga, here I come.

I found Don't Trust Andrew Mayne to be far too annoying to watch from episodes 5 through 8. I could only tolerate a few seconds of each episode due to its awful staging and even worse acting by those involved in the illusions. Not only do I not trust Andrew Mayne, but I'd also like to punch him in the face. Off the list it goes. Good riddance!

I'll replace Andrew Mayne with the average series Beauty and the Beast. I also need to FF through most of the episodes (I've only seen the first 9 episodes of S01 - binge watched 8 of them today), but since Kristin Kreuk is in it, I will keep watching until it's cancelled.

51. Toy Hunter (Season 3)

52. Dancing on Ice [Final Season --> Season 9 (UK)(ITV)]

53. Step Dave (Season 1, from New Zealand)

Step Dave is an entertaining new series made by Kiwis. The male and female leads have great chemistry and I was truly surprised by the quality of this simple series. I don't like most of the stuff I see that's made by New Zealanders, but I certainly liked the first episode of this series. I expect to keep watching until the end.