Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    54. Comic Book Men (Season 3, AMC)+(Season 4 started Oct 13 at 12am, 2014)
    Last edited by PokerFace; 10-13-2014 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added Season 4
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe has finished the second season (6 episodes), so off the list it comes, as I replace it with the second season of Mr. Selfridge (ITV).

55. Farmed and Dangerous (S1 - only 4 episodes - Hulu)

56. House of Cards (S2 - 13 episodes - Netflix)

Farmed and Dangerous debuted today on Hulu, this 4-episode series looks promising. The first episode (21 minutes) zipped along and I look forward to the next episode which will air next Monday.

Molly Parker joins the cast of House of Cards ... there's your Cancon. :cool2:

Finally finished watching the last few episodes of Nikita, so off the list it comes ... to be replaced by The Voice (USA).

I finished Farmed and Dangerous (mostly below average, but hopefully the 2nd season will improve), so I'll replace it with another limited series, Resurrection (ABC).

I finished Dancing On Ice (UK), so I'll replace it with Believe (NBC).

57. Those Who Kill (A&E) (I look away, or skip past some of the creepy scenes, but Chloe Sevigny keeps me hooked.)

58. Bates Motel (A&E) S1 and S2

I've only had time to watch a few of the Bates Motel episodes, but I've been a fan since day one. A blonde Vera Farmiga also seems to hold my attention.

59. Line of Duty - Season 2 (BBC Two) (6 episodes)

I just have one more episode to watch next week.

I also enjoyed the first season (that I watched after S2), but S2 is much improved.

I'm removing Believe from my Watch List after watching the dismal 2nd episode (leaked to the Internet early), and I'll replace it with The People's Couch (Bravo America -- the US version of the UK's Gogglebox tv series).

The People's Couch has various people, including two of the female co-writers of The Fashion Police, commenting and reacting to the various TV shows of the week. Some of the reality-show clips are painful to watch (similar to the clips from The Soup), but since I laugh at some of the comments of the viewers, I still keep watching.

And although Gogglebox (Channel Four - UK) has many more dull sections than The People's Couch, it still has enough winning moments to also add it to my Watch List at #60.

The second episode of Believe reminds me of NBC's 1996 TV series, The Pretender, but at least that series kept me interested for a full season before I started to tire of it during season 2 or 3 (of a 4 season run).

Believe's second episode looks like it could have been part of a lame Canadian series from the '90s. Much of the creative team behind Believe has left the series and some of the scripts have been re-written (according to wikipedia).

I believe Believe (not a stutter) is a flop. Ratings should crumble by episode 3 or 4, but I'll still peek at the third episode to see if it somehow regains my interest (highly unlikely to do so).

Finally, although I have to skip past many dull parts of Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (ITV - UK), there are still many wonderful moments scattered throughout each episode to keep me laughing, and thus I must now add it to my Watch list at #61.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 03-16-2014 at 04:45 AM. Reason: typos

62. About A Boy (Season 1)(NBC)

63. Growing Up Fisher (NBC)
    Last edited by PokerFace; 10-15-2014 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added: (Season 1) to About a Boy

64. Justified (S5 and then final 6th season)

I thought I was done with this, but now that a few new cast members (Alicia Witt and Amy Smart) have spiced S5 up a bit, I'm back in. I quickly skimmed through S4 to catch up, and then found myself reducing my skimming time during the somewhat improved current fifth season.

Just three more episodes of S5 to go until Justified takes a break and then returns for its sixth and final season.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    64. Justified ... I thought I was done with this,
    Didn't you like season three?

I hated Season 2 of Justified, but I did really like Season 3.

I took a break from the series after season 3 because I guess I was more than satisfied with season 3 and felt like watching newer stuff.

Once I tried some of the season 5 episodes (with new cast members), I got back into the spirit of things (and binge-watched season 4) and now look forward to each new S5 episode.

Line of Duty S2 just ended, and although a third season is expected, I'll remove the series from my list until S3 begins as expected.

I'll replace it with another UK series (this time from Channel Four) ... First Dates (S1 and S2) http://www.channel4.com/programmes/f.../episode-guide.

And will also add ...

65. The 100 (The CW and Netflix Canada)

I can do without all the Lord of the Flies-type nonsense on the planet, but I did jump out of my seat a few times and even accidentally changed the channel once when I jumped, so I'll stick with this series even though I'm sure it will be necessary for me to skip past many of the annoying scenes between the battling teens/young adults.

I hated Season 2 of Justified

Hated? Mags Bennett and her family were great characters.

Yup, most fans seemed to enjoy the season 2 plot and new characters in Justified, but not me.

66. Spun Out (CTV)

A Canadian series that I could live without, but it still has enough laughs to keep me tuning in. I will ride the season out and hope for the best.

Yup, most fans seemed to enjoy the season 2 plot and new characters in Justified, but not me.
    What didn't you like?

I recall it mostly taking place in the dark woods with a bunch of trailer trash. If not, my description is probably better than the actual season.

67. Love Child (S1 - Australia)

EDIT: Season One actually has 8 episodes (not 7).

I've seen the first 5 episodes that have already aired, but since the plot has become more interesting during the 4th and 5th episodes, I hope S1 doesn't end with a major cliffhanger that bleeds into the second season.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 05-11-2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: removed the now deleted YouTube link for Love Child