Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

[PR] ABC Announces Its 2014 Summer Schedule

[03/24/14 - 12:00 PM]
    ABC Announces Its 2014 Summer Schedule
    Returning series include "The Bachelorette," "Motive," "Extreme Weight Loss," ""Mistresses," "Wipeout" and "Rookie Blue."

ABC ANNOUNCES ITS 2014 SUMMER SCHEDULE

New Series "The Astronaut Wives Club," "Bachelor in Paradise," "Rising Star" and "The Quest" Join the ABC Summer Schedule

Also Debuting this Summer are Returning Series "The Bachelorette," "Bet On Your Baby," "Extreme Weight Loss," "Mistresses," "Motive," "NY Med," "Rookie Blue" and "Wipeout"

As Previously Announced, New Drama "Black Box" Will Premiere on Thursday, April 24, And The "2014 Billboard Music Awards" will Air on Sunday, May 18

"Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night" Specials Will Air in Primetime Each Night of the NBA Finals, Starting with Game One on Thursday, June 5

ABC announced its summer lineup, with four new series joining the schedule: "The Astronaut Wives Club" on Thursday, July 24 at 9:00 p.m.; "Bachelor in Paradise" on Monday, August 4 at 8:00 p.m.; "Rising Star" on Sunday, June 22 at 9:00 p.m.; and "The Quest" on Thursday, June 19 at 8:00 p.m.

These series join returning shows "The Bachelorette," which premieres at a special time, on Monday, May 19 at 9:30 p.m., before moving to its regular time period of 8:00 p.m. on Monday, May 26; "Bet On Your Baby" on Saturday, May 31 at 8:00 p.m.; "Extreme Weight Loss" on Tuesday, May 27 at 8:00 p.m.; "Mistresses" on Monday, June 2 at 10:01 p.m.; "Motive" on Wednesday, May 21 at 10:00 p.m.; "NY Med" on Tuesday, June 24 at 10:00 p.m.; "Rookie Blue" on Thursday, July 17 at 10:00 p.m.; and "Wipeout," which debuts with a special two-hour premiere on Sunday, June 22 at 7:00 p.m., before moving to its regular time period of 8:00 p.m. the following Sunday, June 29.

As previously announced, new drama "Black Box" will debut on Thursday, April 24 at 10:00 p.m., and "The 2014 Billboard Music Awards" will air on Sunday, May 18 at 8:00 p.m.

"Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night" primetime specials will be back for the seventh consecutive year, airing each night of the NBA Finals, starting with Game 1 on Thursday, June 5 at 8:00 p.m.

ABC's summer premiere dates are as follows listed in chronological order, and all times are ET:

Thursday, April 24
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Black Box" (new series premiere)

Sunday, May 18
    8:00-11:00 p.m. "The 2014 Billboard Music Awards"

Monday, May 19
    9:30 - 11:00 p.m. "The Bachelorette"

Wednesday, May 21
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Motive"

Monday, May 26
    8:00-10:00 p.m. "The Bachelorette" (regular time period premiere)

Tuesday, May 27
    8:00-10:00 p.m. "Extreme Weight Loss"

Saturday, May 31
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Bet On Your Baby"

Monday, June 2
    10:01-11:00 p.m. "Mistresses"

Thursday, June 5
    8:00-8:30 p.m. "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night"

Thursday, June 19
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "The Quest" (new series premiere)

Sunday, June 22
    7:00-9:00 p.m. "Wipeout" (special two-hour premiere)
    9:00-11:00 p.m. "Rising Star" (new series premiere)

Tuesday, June 24
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "NY Med"

Sunday, June 29
    8:00-9:00 p.m. "Wipeout" (regular time period premiere)

Thursday, July 17
    10:00-11:00 p.m. "Rookie Blue"

Thursday, July 24
    9:00-10:00 p.m. "The Astronaut Wives Club" (new series premiere)

Monday, August 4
    8:00-10:00 p.m. "Bachelor in Paradise" (new series premiere)

Descriptions and keep reading : http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/...20140324abc03/
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

From history, ABC has NBA finals during june, pre-empting summer shows for a few weeks, so they start Rookie Blue on the penultimate week of may so the 13-episodes season can finish on the 2nd week of september (with a July 4th rerun when applicable).

With Rookie Blue starting July 17, without interruption, the season will end Oct 9th... Probably giving more maternity leave time to Scandal's Kerry Washington. On another note, sept-oct episodes will run against CBS football...
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

With ABC scheduling Motive Wednesday at 10pm this summer, it presents an interesting dilemma for CTV. After airing the entire first season on their own, they showed encores in simulcast with ABC, which aired it Thursdays at 9:00pm last summer.

If CTV plans on doing the same thing again this year, then they will have to move The Listener to another timeslot. The Listener aired Wednesday at 10pm in the summer for the past couple of seasons.

Moving it to Thursdays at 10pm would put it up against Rookie Blue - which isn't ideal because you would have two Canadian dramas competing against each other.

We'll have to wait and see what FOX is planning for the summer, to get a better idea of what CTV's schedule will look like.

Last edited by lostjon; 03-24-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    With Rookie Blue starting July 17, without interruption, the season will end Oct 9th... Probably giving more maternity leave time to Scandal's Kerry Washington. On another note, sept-oct episodes will run against CBS football...
    The next season of Rookie Blue (season 5) is going to be similar to what we saw with Season 2 of Saving Hope, in that it has been given an extended number of episodes - instead of the standard 13, there will be 22. The plan is to have the first 11 episodes air this summer, with the remaining 11 reserved at some point next year. If this is the case, the season finale would be scheduled for September 25 (or September 18 if they choose to air back-to-back episodes).

I'm guessing that with CBS opting to show football on Thursday nights during the first few weeks of the fall season, other networks might use this as a means to play it safe and delay their Thursday night lineups until late October by having their summer shows run until a little later than usual.
    Last edited by lostjon; 03-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/04/sing-your-face-off-to-premiere-saturday-may-31-on-abc-rookie-blue-premiere-moves-to-june-the-quest-premiere-to-july/251250/

'Sing Your Face Off' to Premiere Saturday May 31 on ABC; 'Rookie Blue' Premiere Moves to June, 'The Quest' Premiere to July

via press release:
    ABC ANNOUNCES THE PREMIERE OF NEW SUMMER SERIES “SING YOUR Face Off

“Sing Your Face Off” Will Be Paired with Previously Announced “Bet On Your Baby,”
    Making ABC All Original on Saturday Nights

New Premiere Dates for “Rookie Blue” and “The Quest” Also Announced

ABC announced the premiere of new summer series “Sing Your Face Off,” on Saturday, May 31from 9:00-11:00 p.m. Two all-new episodes will air back-to-back in that two-hour time period each week. The show will be paired with “Bet On Your Baby,” which as previously announced, will debut that same night at 8:00 p.m., making for all-original programming on Saturday nights on the network.

In addition, new premiere dates were announced for returning summer drama “Rookie Blue” on Thursday, June 19 at 9:00 p.m., ET and new alternative series “The Quest,” on Thursday, July 31 at 8:00 p.m., ET (they had previously been announced as premiering July 17 and June 19, respectively).

“Sing Your Face Off” is a talent variety competition featuring celebrities who are transformed and trained to perform as a legendary musical icon. Over the course of the series, the five celebrities – Sebastian Bach/legendary rock star from the band Skid Row, Landry Fields/NBA’s Toronto Raptors, Jon Lovitz/comedian, actor, singer, China Anne McClain/Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm,” and Lisa Rinna/”Days Of Our Lives” – will take on the identity of an iconic music performer. The celebrities could find themselves transformed into someone far older, younger or even someone of the opposite sex.

From the hours in the makeup chair to the days spent with choreographers and vocal coaches, each show will feature the complete transformation – not just physical – the celebrities will embody everything about the assigned icon – their walk, their talk, and their distinguishing mannerisms leading up to the live performance in front of the studio audience. Viewers will get the chance to see each of the celebrities portray multiple musical performers during the series -- such as Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Pavarotti, Pitbull, Britney Spears, and Tina Turner to name a few.

John Barrowman (“Arrow,” “Torchwood”) is the host. Debbie Gibson and Darrell Hammond are the primary judges, while guest judges along the way will include David Allen Grier, RuPaul, Carnie Wilson, Richard Simmons, Tom Arnold, and Carmen Electra.

Based on Endemol’s global hit “Your Face Sounds Familiar,” “Sing Your Face Off” is produced by Endemol USA. Georgie Hurford-Jones (“America’s Got Talent,” “Britain’s Got Talent”) is Executive Producer.

With this annoucement, this presents an interesting dilemma for Global, as Big Brother premieres on CBS the following week and is scheduled to air Thursdays at 9:00pm. Assuming that they will simulcast Big Brother, which will likely be the case (especially if they are the live episodes), Global will no longer have the advantage of simulcasting Rookie Blue with ABC, which they would have to air either in pre-release (at 8:00) or post-release (at 10:00).

I tried to watch some of Your Face Sounds Familiar (UK version of Sing Your Face Off), but it was too lame to hold my interest. I'm rather shocked that ABC is airing a US version, but I'll be interested to see how long it lasts.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

MONTREALERS (Videotron and Bell Fibe subscribers + antenna) : ABC-22 Vermont will pre-empt tonight's ROOKIE BLUE in favor of Fireworks.

According to Zap2It, there's no schedule change for ABC distributed on Bell satellite (Boston), Shaw Direct (Detroit), Rogers (Buffalo), and Seattle timeshift station KOMO.

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    MONTREALERS (Videotron and Bell Fibe subscribers + antenna) : ABC-22 Vermont will pre-empt tonight's ROOKIE BLUE in favor of Fireworks.

According to Zap2It, there's no schedule change for ABC distributed on Bell satellite (Boston), Shaw Direct (Detroit), Rogers (Buffalo), and Seattle timeshift station KOMO.
    For this time only, Rookie Blue will air latenight at 1:07am following Nightline.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...aid=tvschedule

I think you mentioned this on another post somewhere in this forum, but yes, I have to agree that I don't like the new version of Zap2it either. And slowly, a lot of the remaining links to the old version now redirect you to the new one. Even TV Guide Canada (from The Loop) has now changed their TV listing layout.

I just hate the new Zap2it listing also. I was using The loop and now it's gone. It was so clear and easy to use. Not yes it looks more modern, but information is hard to find if at all available...I was wondering if any other listing service are affiliates as they call them from zap2it that would still have the old version...Now i have YahooTV...for now. Hopefully it last.

Other than Canoe (and yahoo), I didn't notice any others ... hopefully there are more out there.

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin....do?aid=canoe2

Shaw to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post

I think you mentioned this on another post somewhere in this forum, but yes, I have to agree that I don't like the new version of Zap2it either. And slowly, a lot of the remaining links to the old version now redirect you to the new one. Even TV Guide Canada (from The Loop) has now changed their TV listing layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    I just hate the new Zap2it listing also. I was using The loop and now it's gone. It was so clear and easy to use. Not yes it looks more modern, but information is hard to find if at all available...I was wondering if any other listing service are affiliates as they call them from zap2it that would still have the old version...Now i have YahooTV...for now. Hopefully it last.
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post
    Other than Canoe (and yahoo), I didn't notice any others ... hopefully there are more out there.

Shaw has the old Zap2it TV Listings Format

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin....do?aid=shawca
    Last edited by TVViewer; 07-04-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerFace View Post

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin....do?aid=canoe2
    I am surprise Canoe is not using it's own service TV Hebdo (French version of TV Guide with same owner way back when) as they are with Videotron Illico's IPG. But it's a good things are TV Hebdo is always full of errors and updates are not quick for a lot of English stations.

But thanks for the info. We'll keep Canoe and Shaw's ET Canada guide as backups.

The only thing that may happen is Zap2it updating it's affiliate version also to that dreadful new look and functions they use. Are they going to keep 2 versions of their guide for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    I am surprise Canoe is not using it's own service TV Hebdo (French version of TV Guide with same owner way back when) as they are with Videotron Illico's IPG. But it's a good things are TV Hebdo is always full of errors and updates are not quick for a lot of English stations.

But thanks for the info. We'll keep Canoe and Shaw's ET Canada guide as backups.

The only thing that may happen is Zap2it updating it's affiliate version also to that dreadful new look and functions they use. Are they going to keep 2 versions of their guide for a while?
    TitanTV is also good but it's only accessible if you have an account. Although it works mainly for the US, if you try typing in a zip code located near the Canadian border, you might be able to pull up lineups within Canada. When it comes to customizing lineups, searches also include a number of Canadian stations and networks, although I noticed they have become more limited over the years.

While we wait for the new version of Zap2It to pollute the Internet even further, here's a fun site that let's you take your frustrations out on the lousy new Zap2It site (Note: not all the effects work properly, but some are interactive, using your mouse pointer for firing or placement of objects -- like for the gunner, paintball, placing the snail effect, etc. -- though the page functions won't work until you kill the effects by clicking the red x on side scroll bar on right side of page)(Note: Effects menu is on left side of page) ...

Time to nuke the site: http://www.is-a-jerk.com/flash/url.a...id%3Dtvlmodule

I am glad to read that others hate the new Zap2it TV Listing Format. I thought it was because I am a computer novice and found it difficult to navigate. I don't believe that you receive more than one day or maybe one week listing at a time. It does look better but it is not as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Shaw has the old Zap2it TV Listings Format

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tvlistin....do?aid=shawca