Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Not true. It doesn't make the top 30 in total viewers every week but your claim that no season 2 episodes have made that list is wrong.
    Oh for crying out loud ! It made the Top 27 of the premiere week. That's it, that's all. Being at the bottom, let's just pretend it never made it there...
    http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/S...(National).pdf

Sleepy Hollow is beaten out by a CTV pre-release of ABC's Forever and a simulcast of City's Scorpion.
    At 10pm, Castle on CTV beats out The Blacklist on Global. Sleepy ain't a good lead-in to a show that will follow the Superbowl next february.
    Last edited by InMontreal; 10-30-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    We had a good run: 2006 to 2020. Thanks for the informations and debates.

[QUOTE=InMontreal;67437]
    Oh for crying out loud ! It made the Top 27 of the premiere week. That's it, that's all. Being at the bottom, let's just pretend it never made it there...

So why post something that's not true? Is this why almost everything you post is wrong? If you don't like the facts you just pretend they don't exist? This is just another example of how nothing you say can be taken seriously.

Sleepy Hollow is beaten out by a CTV pre-release of ABC's Forever and a simulcast of City's Scorpion.
    At 10pm, Castle on CTV beats out The Blacklist on Global. Sleepy ain't a good lead-in to a show that will follow the Superbowl next february

But you are not trying to claim that Global made a mistake not picking up a new untested show when they already owned the rights to a hit show in the time slot and had no room to broadcast the new untested show, right? Also, it's not a poor lead-in. It's a huge hit among Adults 18-49, ranking as a top 20 show and winning its time slot in key markets like Toronto in the Adult 18-49 demo advertisers care about.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 11-07-2014 at 01:07 PM. Reason: to provide more info on how Global is winning the Monday 9:00PM time slot in Adults 18-49 with a top 20 hit show in the 18-49
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

So why post something that's not true? Is this why almost everything you post is wrong? If you don't like the facts you just pretend they don't exist?
    You said "not every week" and "you're wrong"... made it sounds like it made it last week but not the week before...

In reality, only the season premiere made it, at the bottom of the list. If you would have specified season premiere in the first place, I would have apologized for my mistake and moved on.

I note than, for you, if a Global show hits the Top 30 once out of 4 total, it's a success, but if it's a City show, same odds, it's a failure, "a show nobody watches".

But you are not trying to claim that Global made a mistake not picking up a new untested show
    I did not say that. You did. I just claim that shows with frequent crossovers are better on the same network (NCIS:LA with Hawaii 5-0, Chicago Fire with PD, etc.)
    Last edited by InMontreal; 10-30-2014 at 09:53 PM.

[QUOTE=InMontreal;67448]

You said "not every week" and "you're wrong"... made it sounds like it made it last week but not the week before...
    In reality, only the season premiere made it, at the bottom of the list. If you would have specified season premiere in the first place, I would have apologized for my mistake and moved on.
    I said you were wrong because what you said was not true. But, "not every week" does not mean "it made it last week but not the week before" this is another one of your delusional interpretations

I note than, for you, if a Global show hits the Top 30 once out of 4 total, it's a success, but if it's a City show, same odds, it's a failure, "a show nobody watches".

Another delusional interpretation. I never said either show is a failure or a show nobody watches. One is a hit show that was doing very well last season (especially in the key 18-49 demo, where it continues to do very well this season, winning its time slot and ranking as a top 20 show in key markets) but has been pulling in less total viewers than usual these past few weeks (although still more viewers than almost every other show on the entire City network, and again is either winning or extremely competitive in its time slot in the key younger advertiser friendly demos like Adults 18-49) The other is a new untested show that so far has done much better than anyone expected. You apparently decide what's a success and failure based solely on the total viewer top 30 watched shows for the first few weeks of the fall season.

I did not say that. You did. I just claim that shows with frequent crossovers are better on the same network (NCIS:LA with Hawaii 5-0, Chicago Fire with PD, etc.)
    I wasn't sure what your point was, it appeared that you were somehow trying to say Global should have picked up the show, when the reality is it didn't make sense for them to do that for a number of reasons.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 11-07-2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: to provide more info on how Global is winning the Monday 9:00PM time slot in Adults 18-49 with a top 20 hit show in the 18-49 demographic

It looks like City has decided to keep ANTM Saturdays at 1:00PM despite the fact that they now have absolutely nothing to simulcast on Friday nights (tonight for example they will be airing a full night of non-simulcast low rated mostly syndicated repeats). This by far has been the most bizarre pick up this season.

they could have launched a 10:00PM newscast at least in Toronto (many FOX stations have both a 10:00PM and 11:00PM newscast)
    Some good news coming out of CityNews Toronto, they have launched a new hour long 10:00PM local newscast on Saturdays leading into a half hour newscast at 11:00PM followed by Meet The Family at 11:30PM. City stations in markets outside of Toronto will continue to air repeats of Canadian shows in this slot.

Mondays - They will probably be down on this night the most since their #1 show (HIMYM) has ended. I not only see CTV and Global beating them at 8:00PM & 9:00PM, I see City fighting with CTV Two for 3rd place.
    At a mid-season point, turns out your prediction was half wrong. CTV gets good ratings with pre-release ABC's Forever, Global gets no Top 30 place for Fox's Sleepy Hollow simulcast (except the season premiere, that Scorpion beat out)...
    Last edited by InMontreal; 01-23-2015 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    At a mid-season point, turns out your prediction was half wrong. CTV gets good ratings with post-release ABC's Forever, Global gets no Top 30 place for Fox's Sleepy Hollow simulcast (except the season premiere, that Scorpion beat out)...
    Just a note, Forever is not in Post-release it is in Pre-release on CTV.

Has anyone heard what Rogers will do next year keep the same amount of programs or will they increase and have less repeats.