Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    Wow, it looks like that's not all that CTS picked up. They also got:

American Idol (looks like it's been dropped officially by CTV)
    The X Factor UK
    America’s Funniest Home Videos (dropped by Rogers?)
    The Biggest Loser (Dropped by Rogers)
    Judge Judy (Dropped by Rogers)
    Hot Bench (new to syndication)

CTS is looking to give CHCH a run for their money.

http://www.marketingmag.ca/uncategor...is-fall-115857
    They picked up Everybody Loves Raymond as well.

Wow, it looks like that's not all that CTS picked up.
    Can we start a new topic from here ? Will be easier in the future when searching for old informations ;)
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Can we start a new topic from here ? Will be easier in the future when searching for old informations ;)
    New thread: http://discuss.channelcanada.com/sho...-CTS-Fall-2014

CHCH's Fall 2014 Schedule:

Monday to Friday. Replacing Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! with Sportsline at 7pm, and Access Hollywood at 7:30pm.

Monday:
    8pm - The Originals (S-CW)
    9pm - Movie

Tuesday:
    8pm - Movie

Wednesday:
    8pm - Bones
    9pm - CSI Miami
    10pm - Burn Notice

Thursday:
    8pm - Movie
    10:30pm - The WatchList (Original Programming)

Friday:
    8pm - Last Man Standing (S-ABC)
    8:30pm - Cristela (S-ABC)
    9pm - The Simpsons
    9:30pm - The Simpsons
    10pm - 20/20

Saturday:
    7pm - Tiny Talent Time (Original Programming)
    7:30pm - The WatchList (Original Programming)
    8pm - The Best of Square Off
    10pm - 48 Hours

Sunday:
    7pm - 60 Minutes
    8pm - Movie

SOURCE: http://chch.com/pdf/2014-2015_CHCH_Media_Kit.pdf

So CHCH has dropped Supernatural - I guess it will be exclusive to M3.

I suppose little to no changes are in effect for latenight (between midnight and 4am). Currently, it consists of Dish Nation, as well as encores of various shows that aired during the day.

Square Off encores on Saturday evenings? I presume this is more or less being used to fulfill their CanCon Primetime quota during the week, although they could have used this for either movies or acquired dramas (as is the case currently).

By acquiring a show like The Simpsons, you think they would at least be able to run it five nights a week - 7pm would have been a reasonable slot, rather than just sandwiching back-to-back episodes on Fridays in between simulcast programming. This is more or less the same thing they did with Family Guy and American Dad two years ago. One year later, they disappeared from the schedule. Given that they are trying to create a sitcom block on Fridays, I can kind of see why they did this.
    Last edited by lostjon; 07-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.

I also see that Spin Off is actually on the schedule for Sundays at 5:30pm. But it's probably just reruns of it's first (and probably only) season.

So... should I consider CHEK will have a similar schedule as CHCH? I have yet to see any plan from CHEK yet.

By acquiring a show like The Simpsons, you think they would at least be able to run it five nights a week - 7pm would have been a reasonable slot, rather than just sandwiching back-to-back episodes on Fridays in between simulcast programming. This is more or less the same thing they did with Family Guy and American Dad two years ago. One year later, they disappeared from the schedule. Given that they are trying to create a sitcom block on Fridays, I can kind of see why they did this.

I don't believe CHCH is buying the typical syndication packages that give them access to a 5 day a week strip. I believe they are instead buying short term smaller secondary syndication packages from FOX which only give them enough episodes to air once or twice a week. The Simpsons for example has enough episodes for FOX to sell several different syndication packages of different sizes with different episodes. Over the years Global has always owned (and continues to own) the main syndication package of The Simpsons (which they choose to air as marathons weekend afternoons as opposed to weeknight strip) while secondary packages with older episodes have been sold to other networks like CBC (CBC dropped their rights to these a few years ago). It appears CHCH has acquired a small syndication package of The Simpsons with episodes from the first few seasons (their website states the show will air "from the beginning"). Family Guy also appeared to be a short term small secondary package they picked up after Global did not renew the rights for their full syndicated package of the series (Global had been airing Family Guy marathons along with The Simpsons weekend afternoons, however when Canwest shut down E!, PGA Golf moved to Global which became a problem as Global no longer had enough room on their schedule)

I'm assuming CHCH can't really afford to buy the regular 5 day a week strip packages. Also, I'm not sure how viable they would be given the challenges other broadcasters have expressed with strip programming. Plus since Channel Zero doesn't really have a proper specialty channel to air these shows, they can't really secure specialty rights, which results in many of their syndicated shows airing on Canadian specialty channels owned by a competitor (even really cheap stuff like Dish Nation also airs on Bell Media's E!) so the success they have with this programming is going to be limited. Although their fall schedules have not yet been released, right now syndicated repeats of The Simpsons air Fridays at 9:00PM on MUCH and Fridays at 9:30PM on Comedy, the same time slots CHCH has scheduled for this fall.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already, CHCH is available online during their local news content.
    http://www.chch.com/live/
    Monday-Friday (4am to 7pm)
    Monday-Friday (11pm to midnight)
    Saturday-Sunday (6pm to 7pm)
    Saturday-Sunday (11pm to midnight)