Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CHCH Fall 2015 - ABC show Nashville joins the schedule

In advance of the CHCH upfronts (likely sometime next week), here's some news:

According to a post late in the day on CHCH's Facebook page, Nashville will be joining the schedule this fall.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/CHCHSuperstation

This ABC drama has never found a permanent home on Canadian TV since its debut back in fall 2012, having switched networks after every season.

The first season rights belonged to Bell Media and aired on CTV Two with encores also on M3 and Bravo. Those rights were then transferred to Rogers Media for City TV during the second season.

After the second season, the show was dropped by City and no Canadian broadcaster picked it up. Turns out that Corus Entertainment stepped in and acquired the rights to the show's first three seasons for Telelatino, which started airing the series back in January. They are currently halfway through Season 3.

Season 4 will see the show moving to another channel - CHCH. Quite the trajectory for the show from CTV Two to City to Telelatino (outside of conventional TV) and now CHCH.

Is there anyone on this forum who can please confirm when CHCH will be announcing their fall lineups? I presume it's sometime next week - usually one week after the major networks.

I also thought I saw on the Facebook page a few months ago that Judge Judy was moving to CHCH, but then Judge Mablean showed up in the afternoons.

Does anyone have any rumors of other possible shows being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I also thought I saw on the Facebook page a few months ago that Judge Judy was moving to CHCH, but then Judge Mablean showed up in the afternoons.
    Judge Judy will continue to air on yesTV this fall, along with Hot Bench, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy and reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Source: https://www.yestv.com/saleskit/

CHCH Fall 2015 Lineup

Upfront presentation was held on Thursday, June 11 in Toronto.

Here is a clip from the event: http://www.chch.com/chch-reveals-fall-schedule/

New this fall to CHCH:

Wednesday
    8:00pm Rosewood (s-FOX)
    10:00pm Nashville (Season 4) - (s-ABC)

Thursday
    8:30pm Raising Hope (reruns)
    10:00pm British Drama Night

Friday
    8:30pm Raising Hope (reruns)

Saturday
    8:00pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery (s-NBC)

Returning this fall to CHCH:

Wednesday
    9:00pm Supernatural (Season 11) - (s-CW)

Thursday
    9:00pm The Originals (Season 3) - (s-CW)

Friday
    8:00pm Last Man Standing (Season 5) - (s-ABC)
    9:00pm The Pinkertons (new episodes)
    10:00pm 20/20 (s-ABC)

Saturday
    7:00pm Tiny Talent Time (Season 2 - January 2016)
    10:00pm 48 Hours (s-CBS)

Sunday

7:00pm 60 Minutes (s-CBS)

No press release from Channel Zero or sample of the 24-hour schedule has been issued at this time.
    Last edited by lostjon; 07-09-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Revised list of shows and airtimes, added Tiny Talent Time

Boy, CHCH is being very scarce with details eh? Absolutely nothing for Monday or Tuesday so far. And I guess, the possibility of a nightly 10pm newscast has come and gone.

Boy, CHCH is being very scarce with details eh? Absolutely nothing for Monday or Tuesday so far. And I guess, the possibility of a nightly 10pm newscast has come and gone.
    I will admit that their manner of scheduling and announcing is intriguing and strange at the same time. In trying to map out their fall schedule, I'm guessing that Monday and Tuesday will be movie nights, seeing how they have no shows to simsub for the evening.

With The Originals Thursday at 9:00pm, we do not know yet hat's planned at 8:00pm and 10:00pm. They usually have The Watchlist at 10:30pm. And there is a gap for Friday 8:30pm. I figured those slots would be filled up by the remaining new fall shows not already picked up by other Canadian broadcasters like Dr. Ken (ABC) and The Player (NBC). Or whatever they choose to keep among the shows they have in reruns like Bones, CSI: Miami, Burn Notice and The Simpsons. Based on today's announcement, one can figure that there won't be room for all of those shows on the fall schedule.

Sunday nights are not expected to change, with blockbuster movies following 60 Minutes. I assume they will stick with Sportsline and Access Hollywood weeknights.

I understand how ideal it would be for them to carry a nightly 10:00pm newscast - it would work only if they opted to give up simsub rights to some of the newsmagazine shows like 20/20 and 48 Hours. Plus, with most of the weekly schedule already covered with news, they would probably prefer to offer variety outside of live news between their evening and late night newscasts at 6 and 11 respectively.

Hopefully Channel Zero issues a press release accompanied with a 24-hour schedule very soon so we can get the rest of the details. The last time they did this was two years ago. Last year, they did not have an upfront presentation due to the Ontario election. It was only a week later that the list of new shows was posted on their website, and the Media Kit with the full schedule was uploaded to their site a month later.
    Last edited by lostjon; 06-12-2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Updated post regarding news coverage

Something in the 1st part of the video, you could see the CHEK logo in the background, but they don't have a very exciting lineup schedule.

I assume Joytv Fraser Valley will also pickup Nashville and Rosewood ?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post

I will admit that their manner of scheduling and announcing is intriguing and strange at the same time. In trying to map out their fall schedule, I'm guessing that Monday and Tuesday will be movie nights, seeing how they have no shows to simsub for the evening.

With The Originals Thursday at 9:00pm, we do not know yet hat's planned at 8:00pm and 10:00pm. They usually have The Watchlist at 10:30pm. And there is a gap for Friday 8:30pm. I figured those slots would be filled up by the remaining new fall shows not already picked up by other Canadian broadcasters like Dr. Ken (ABC) and The Player (NBC). Or whatever they choose to keep among the shows they have in reruns like Bones, CSI: Miami, Burn Notice and The Simpsons. Based on today's announcement, one can figure that there won't be room for all of those shows on the fall schedule.

Sunday nights are not expected to change, with blockbuster movies following 60 Minutes. I assume they will stick with Sportsline and Access Hollywood weeknights.

I understand how ideal it would be for them to carry a nightly 10:00pm newscast - it would work only if they opted to give up simsub rights to some of the newsmagazine shows like 20/20 and 48 Hours. Plus, with most of the weekly schedule already covered with news, they would probably prefer to offer variety outside of live news between their evening and late night newscasts at 6 and 11 respectively.

Hopefully Channel Zero issues a press release accompanied with a 24-hour schedule very soon so we can get the rest of the details. The last time they did this was two years ago. Last year, they did not have an upfront presentation due to the Ontario election. It was only a week later that the list of new shows was posted on their website, and the Media Kit with the full schedule was uploaded to their site a month later.
    Fwiw I tweeted CHCH asking if The Simpsons encore episodes would return and they ignored my tweet.

Since they've interacted with users before on their Twitter account I'm thining ignorning my question means it's been dropped.

CHCH Fall 2015 Primetime Schedule

MONDAY
    8:00pm The Pinkertons
    9:00pm CHCH at the Movies

TUESDAY
    8:00pm CHCH at the Movies

WEDNESDAY
    8:00pm Rosewood (s-FOX) (Series Premiere - Sept. 23)
    9:00pm Supernatural (s-CW) (Season 11 Premiere - Oct. 7)
    10:00pm Nashville (s-ABC) (Season 4 Premiere - Sept. 23)

THURSDAY
    8:00pm The Watchlist
    8:30pm Raising Hope
    9:00pm The Originals (s-CW) (Season 3 Premiere - Oct. 8)
    10:00pm British Drama Night

FRIDAY
    8:00pm Last Man Standing (s-ABC) (Season 5 Premiere - Sept. 25)
    8:30pm Raising Hope
    9:00pm The Pinkertons
    10:00pm 20/20 (s-ABC) (Season Premiere - Sept. 11)

SATURDAY
    7:00pm 20/20
    8:00pm Dateline Saturday Night Mystery (s-NBC)
    10:00pm 48 Hours (s-CBS) (Season Premiere - Sept. 26)

SUNDAY
    7:00pm 60 Minutes (s-CBS) (Season Premiere - Sept. 27)
    8:00pm Sunday Blockbuster Movie

WEEKNIGHTS
    7:00pm Sportsline
    7:30pm Access Hollywood

MIDSEASON
    Tiny Talent Time (Season 2 - January 2016)

Gone from the lineup are reruns of The Simpsons, Bones, CSI: Miami and Burn Notice. In their place are reruns of FOX sitcom Raising Hope, which ran for four seasons from 2010 to 2014.

Shows previously cancelled from last season are Cristela and The Taste.

Speaking of British Drama Night, I think that with Joytv in BC carrying some CHCH/Channel Zero programming - perhaps it is part of an agreement/partnership to carry some British dramas whose Canadian rights were acquired by Zoomer Media (which owns Joytv and specialty channel Vision TV).

Source: http://www.chch.com/shows/
    Last edited by lostjon; 07-09-2015 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Added notes for Raising Hope

I thought Channel Zero was a big player in the film world. But they really seem to replay only a handful of movies over and over.

I thought Channel Zero was a big player in the film world. But they really seem to replay only a handful of movies over and over.
    It's not just with Channel Zero that I've noticed this issue. Even Bell and Shaw seem to be doing the same thing, especially with the movies airing on their conventional television channels. It probably also comes down to the deals they have with the film studios.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post

THURSDAY

9:00pm The Originals (s-CW) (Season 3 Premiere - Oct. 8)

All fall long The Originals was simulcast Thursdays at 9pm, but now original network CW has decided to move The Originals to Friday nights.

Now Thursday at 9, it seems like CHCH will not be airing The Originals but a movie instead. Don't see it listed on their website under shows anymore. So I guess the change caused CHCH to drop it, don't think another network picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by View View Post
    All fall long The Originals was simulcast Thursdays at 9pm, but now original network CW has decided to move The Originals to Friday nights.

Now Thursday at 9, it seems like CHCH will not be airing The Originals but a movie instead. Don't see it listed on their website under shows anymore. So I guess the change caused CHCH to drop it, don't think another network picked it up.
    I just noticed that. It appears that CHCH has dropped their rights to shows from The CW Network altogether, as even Supernatural has also been removed from their list. Bell Media's Space channel continues to air Supernatural on Wednesday nights, although one hour later following The CW. Previous and current episodes of The Originals are available for streaming on shomi, who already have exclusive rights to some other CW Network shows including iZombie and Jane the Virgin.

Among the midseason changes:
    Wednesday - With Rosewood and Nashville on hiatus until March, they are currently showing movies along with a mini-series (The Indian Doctor).
    Thursday - Movies replace The Originals and British dramas
    Friday - Sandwiched between the comedy block of Last Man Standing/Raising Hope and 20/20 is another limited series (14 - Diaries of the Great War).

http://www.chch.com/shows/
    Last edited by lostjon; 01-23-2016 at 03:39 PM.

As for CHNU (Joytv), they keep Supernatural on the schedule, but I'm not sure if they carried The Originals this fall.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

CHCH Fall 2015 ABC show Nashville joins the schedule

...and shes disabled private messages, so really no way to get hold of her... I guess walk around Surry Hills and hope to bump into someone meeting her description?