Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Rogers: New Channels

Rogers has recently added CosmoTV to its line-up, channel 262.

Just to note that CosmoTV is currently on a free preview. They don't mention for how long though. Probably a month to three months.
    Randi Dertzo
    Owner, http://www.channelcanada.com/

It actually happened a little while ago, but I think it's worth mentioning that Rogers added Super Channel HD 1 and Super Channel HD 2 to some of its Ontario digital cable systems, channels 373 and 374.

While in New Brunswick, only Super Channel HD 1 has been added to some of it's cable systems, channel 373.

Both channels are free with a subscription to Super Channel.

Rogers just added CBC College Sports Network to its line-up (channel 416).

Rogers now carries CBC On Demand (which I'm assuming is a new addition since in another thread on this forum it says CBC On Demand launched) on channel 350 in the GTA. Enjoy!

Rogers has just launched Wild TV, a hunting and fishing Canadian specialty channel, on its cable systems in select areas of Ontario and New Brunswick. It's available on channel 397 and is currently in a free preview period until December 9, 2008.

As a note, select Wild TV programs have already been available through Rogers Cable owned VOD service, Rogers On Demand, but todays launch sees the full 24/hr cable channel now available to its customers.

Today, Rogers added SPEED HD on channel 504 and is currently in a free preview, not sure when the preview will end tho.

Rogers has just launched the foursome from High Fidelity HDTV, those being Treasure HD, Oasis HD, Equator HD and Rush HD from channels 548-551. Not available in all areas.

Rogers has added Ritmoson Latino to its line-up in certain areas on channel 574. It is currently in free preview. Ritmoson Latino is a Spanish language channel from Mexico

Rogers has recently added The Golf Channel HD to its lineup, channel 546. It's in a free preview until April 9th.

This isn't a new tv channel added to Rogers, it's a channel that has been dropped; but RETV.ca (a real estate channel) has been dropped by Rogers because the channel has has stopped broadcasting.

I for one will miss this channel tremendously, that's hours and hours of entertainment, watching slide shows of the outsides of peoples houses. Much Fun!

Today Rogers launched 3 new channels exclusive to Rogers, for now at least. The new channels are:
    • Caracol TV - a Spanish channel from Colombia
    • WOWtv - a Canadian channel operating in Cantonese, Mandarin and Vietnamese.
    • Filmy - A Hindi language tv channel. Not sure if this is the channel directly from India or if this is a Canadian version of that channel
    Caracol TV is on channel 643. No word on how long it will be in free preview. WOWtv is on channel 808 and will be in a free preview until September 29, 2009. Filmy is on channel 830 and will be in free preview until July 28, 2009.
    Last edited by musimax; 04-30-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Filmy - A Hindi language tv channel. Not sure if this is the channel directly from India or if this is a Canadian version of that channel
    Its a Canadian version of the channel from India. It is a Hindi movie channel, not sure exactly what they are going to air for CDN content?! Why not just bring the channel in as a foreign service??

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2007/db2007-383.htm

You're right, it does seem to be Canadian, however I found this website, and it looks to be an American company who owns it. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    You're right, it does seem to be Canadian, however I found this website, and it looks to be an American company who owns it. Odd...
    That appears to be the company that applied for the license, it looks like they are a distributor of Asian channels in the US and Canada?! I have not been able to find a website for Filmy and there isn't one listed on that site either. I will be interested to see what Cancon they come up with for a hindi movie channel?? Why bother with a digital license, they should have just applied to get the channel on the approve list

Well we can rule out actual movies as Cancon, so it will probably just be a couple half hour filler shows. Since the Cancon quota is so low with ethnic cat 2 channels, there isn't much you actually need. Not sure what those shows will actually be about though. Probably entertainment based, about movies, the stars, etc.

Filmy is not the first Canadian Hindi movie channel, ATN owns ATN Zee Cinema.

Rogers has just signed a deal to add Penthouse TV to their lineup.

Penthouse Channel signs with Rogers
    OTTAWA The Penthouse Channel will be joining the Rogers Cable lineup after completing a multi-year distribution agreement.
    06/18/09 | Full Story

Source: cartt.ca

This has happened probably a few weeks ago, I had no idea about it until now, it probably happened during the few weeks I was away from the computer, but I think it bares mentioning since it involves a number of new channel additions. So here they are:
    • HBO Canada 2 HD (the West coast HD channel) - channel 312
    • APTN HD - channel 516
    • Sportsnet East HD - channel 387
    • Sportsnet West HD - channel 388
    • Sportsnet Pacific HD - channel 389
    • Canal D HD - channel 688
    • Canal Vie HD - channel 689
    • Historia HD - channel 658
    • Séries+ HD - channel 659
    • Super Écran HD - channel 690
    • VRAK.TV HD - channel 660
    • Ztélé HD - channel 657
    • TVA HD - channel 510
    • TQS HD - channel 699
    • ARTV HD - channel 680
    • Prise 2 - channel 663
    • ARGENT - channel 665
    • Les idées de ma maison télé - channel 662
    • Mystère - channel 664
    • TSN2 & TSN2 HD - channels 98 and 501 (it was mentined in another thread on this forum, but I just thought I'd place it here as well)
    Not all of these channels are available everywhere Rogers does business. I know that all of these new channels are going to be added in Ontario, some of them in New Brunswick, I believe the only channels on this list so far that has been added to NL is TSN2 and TSN2 HD. Note that just because these channels will be added to Ontario, it won't necessarily be available in all Ontario cities, same goes for New Brunswick and NL. I also know that even some of the French HD channels are being added to areas you may not expect Rogers to put French HD channels, such as Southwestern Ontario for example. So it's not just the Ottawa area that will/are receiving the French channels.
    Last edited by musimax; 06-24-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Nasa tv as of aug 18th will be on rogers as part of the learning pack.

Rogers has added PTC Punjabi on channel 853. According to the channels website, it has been added today or it will soon launch this week. It will be on a free preview for 2 months.