Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,443

    Suits TV series benefits Ontario

    Looks like the TV series Suits has been good for Ontario.

    http://www.mpa-canada.org/wp-content...s-of-Suits.pdf
    [Economic Impacts of Suits Season 5 in Ontario]

    Based on a spending breakdown provided to MNP by NBCUniversal, it is estimated that the Season 5 production of Suits resulted in total spending in Ontario of over $25.7 million. Of total Ontario expenditures, the majority (62 percent) were payments made to production crew and other labour, while the remaining 38 percent was spent on purchases of goods and services.

    ...

    As the series has now filmed four seasons in Ontario and each season had the same number of episodes, the impacts over the entire life of the production could be expected to be roughly four times the Season 5 impacts. This assumes that the level and pattern of production spending in previous seasons was similar to that in Season 5.
    ...

    Tourism/Major Events The employment supported by the Season 5 production of Suits is roughly equivalent to the direct, indirect and induced employment generated within the City of Toronto by the 2012 Grey Cup Festival.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152
    I agree that the show is good for the economy but to me it is no longer "must see tv". For the economy sake I hope that it is renewed but as a viewer I wouldn't mind if it made room on the dial for something "fresh".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,443
    I haven't watched it recently, but fresh content is generally what I prefer. Familiarity breeds contempt, although Suits is something that I will revisit and eventually finish all the episodes. I like many of the actors, so if the plot fails to interest me, at least I'll like the acting.

    Suits returns in June (for Season 6). Filming begins in April.

    Meghan Markle - March 17, 2016 (Warning: Spoiler Alert for Season 5 content):
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •