Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Icon7 Sundance Channel becomes Treehouse Retro later this year!!!

I am told by Corus Entertainment who acquired Shaw Media that later this year, as we prepare to bring the American SundanceTV channel to Canada for the first time, Sundance Channel will officially relaunch and rebrand as Treehouse Retro, it will be your new commercial-free channel (like Treehouse TV and unlike Sundance Channel) for classic Treehouse TV favorites like Treetown, Crazy Quilt, Ants in your Pants, Wumpa's World, Pirates, Wee 3, and many more!!!

Please let us know when you want to reply if you have any questions and answers about the new Treehouse Retro, the new name for Sundance Channel.

And don't forget to visit treehousetv.com when Treehouse Retro launches later this year, hopefully by July or August.

Why should we believe you this time ?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

In the Immortal words of Laura Branigan ...

When you cry wolf
    Once too often

When you cry wolf
    No, I won't come knockin'

When you cry wolf
    I won't hear you anymore
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Guess i am out of the loop . Will the american sundance channel be shown here , is that what you are saying ?I get Sundance canada and once in a blue moon they carry a good series .such as the hap and leonard one i am watching now or bablyon and red road so those of uswho get the canadian version will we now get the anerican one instead ? I'm on shaw in the west.

Kaylor is a spambot. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hey, let's get some REAL news about Corus:

http://kidscreen.com/2016/03/23/deir...at-corus-kids/
    [Kids programming is apparently important to Corus]

Excerpt:

March 23, 2016

Deirdre Brennan lands at Corus Kids

Corus Kids EVP Colin Bohm, to whom Brennan will report, says his new colleague’s holistic perspective on the kids business will prove to be beneficial during a time of continued growth for the company.

“As we look at the next couple of years, Brennan is a key part of the puzzle. Our two objectives are to grow our domestic portfolio of channels, while also really expanding our global business through Nelvana, and she will help shape a slate of content that works domestically and globally,” says Bohm.

“Brennan has so much experience working abroad, which informs this content outlook, and leveraging all of her relationships is an important element.”
    Last edited by PokerFace; 03-23-2016 at 05:22 PM.

With thanks to Deirdre Brennan, Sundance Channel will be officially relaunch later this year as Treehouse Retro, a new commercial-free channel that will serve as the new sister channel to Treehouse TV.

And to help celebrate the launch of Treehouse Retro later this year, Treehouse TV will temporary offer a retro lineup of classic Treehouse TV shows on the weekends until Sundance Channel becomes Treehouse Retro.

I guess this troll lives in a tree house, rather than under a bridge. He makes an appearance in March or April and then disappears.

Next time wait until April Fools' Day before you make your predictions, so that you only look half as silly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	258troll_spray.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	145

It's schedule will start with:
    9 a.m. - Pigs Fly
    10 a.m. - Hell Freezes Over
    11 a.m. - Monkeys Fly Out Of My Butt ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMIy_KiBpKU
    Last edited by Donovan's Monkey; 03-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Not anymore, but with Treehouse Retro, thanks to Deirdre Brennan, it will offer a 24-hour/7-day-a-week schedule of your favorite classic Treehouse TV and YTV pre-school favorites from the 80's, 90's, and Y2K.

Please let us know if you will have a new schedule for Treehouse Retro, which will be the new name for Sundance Channel, and it will launch later this year.

i rather have teletoon retro instead of treehouse retro.

Sorry for the french part, but...

Pet pis répète sont dans un bateau, pet tombe à l'eau, qui qui reste... ?
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    i rather have teletoon retro instead of treehouse retro.
    Me too. At least they having an use, but remember the last time where Teletoon Retro earn such efforts to newer promotions or shows?

Anyway, if this is not a fake announcement and a real one, i always don't see any interest of a Retro version of Treehouse if, all they will shown up, are repeats who were air on other Kids Networks before rather to something much exclusive and new for young and old audience. And we don't need of another Retro TV Broadcast if it's come too worthless to advertisers.

If only Teletoon Retro having the nerve, at his alive, to shown some of their best Original classics rather to just American stuffs, i will be happy, but they're gone for the best, even with the very abysmal Disney Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylor001 View Post
    as we prepare to bring the American SundanceTV channel to Canada for the first time
    First, any non-canadian channel wanting to enter the canadian market has to be sponsored by a canadian company that will submit a request at the CRTC. That didn't happen... yet.

Once submitted, canadians can support or oppose the CRTC request. Unless Allarco is on-board with this, they will oppose this request as some IFC shows are programming supplies for Super Channel.

Corus will soon inherit Shaw Media channels, and yes, IFC is the weakest link. H2 is another one. Both are Cat A licences, meaning wider distribution. Teletoon Retro launched as Cat 2 specialty and was bundled with the original Teletoon. I don't see the point in wasting a Cat A licence for a retro Treehouse channel when they can swap a Cat B licence and force-bundle it with the original Treehouse.

I have a contact that works for Corus and I can tell you that this is absolutely not true. Plus there is no market for retro channels these days. Library content is easily accessible on on demand services and over the top services like Netflix.

One thing to keep in mind is Category A license status goes away as of August 31, 2017. After that, all channels will essentially be category B channels including IFC and H2. Bell Media tried unsuccessfully to convert many of there category A licenses early however were denied. Category A licenses aren't worth anything any more.

So, you want Treehouse TV to bring back all of your old Treehouse shows to the newly revamped schedule instead of launching Treehouse Retro please???

I for one don't see any proof or evidence of a TreeHouse retro launching and highly doubt that Sundance Channel Canada is changing. And before we heard this bogus story of Treehouse Two and now this Treehouse retro which I don't even think Corus is ever thinking of launching. But now that Corus was approved purchase of Shaw I wonder if this will mean some channel rebrandings...Like Deja View for instance That needs a facelift as their same lineup has made the channel anything but boring. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. But Treehouse retro this is a SPAM and I know deep in my heart is not True. I'd rather see Teletoon Retro back again.

Me too Julie. That was the biggest mistake they ever made getting rid of it.

It will be much easy to keep Teletoon Retro another year on service than drop it down when they have nothing new on the table. For loved the early years, the 2013s rebranding was pretty awful.

I written this journal 3 years ago on my DeviantArt account to show my own displeasure to the network i admired. My minds haven't change since then, but it's understandable i didn't trying to joking or be cynical to how the Retro's rebranding was a failure marketing campaign.:

http://livington-guy.deviantart.com/...-now-415718876
    Last edited by Hedgie-Rover; 03-27-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylor001 View Post
    With thanks to Deirdre Brennan, Sundance Channel will be officially relaunch later this year as Treehouse Retro, a new commercial-free channel that will serve as the new sister channel to Treehouse TV.

And to help celebrate the launch of Treehouse Retro later this year, Treehouse TV will temporary offer a retro lineup of classic Treehouse TV shows on the weekends until Sundance Channel becomes Treehouse Retro.
    No, it won't, so stop lying.