Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    So Spike TV has new drama series The Mist starting next week. It is not on the schedule in Zap2it. So it looks like they won't show it in Canada.
    Not sure if anyone picked it up... Looks like what happened with TLC's Too Close to Home which they removed from their Canadian feed but nobody else is showing it...

I wanted to see both...I am afraid that when they change to the Paramount Network next year we`ll get a lot of those unfortunately.

The trailer for The Mist looks like a piece of garbage, but since it's filmed in Canada, it will surely appear on some Canadian channel in the future. Hey, perhaps Showcase can pick it up and air it at 2am just to tick people off.

It looks like Canada still can't keep up with all the fresh foreign content that's getting released, but since most people are so far behind with what's already been released, I don't think it really matters anymore. You either steal the stuff from the internet, or just be patient until it pops up as a legit Canadian item for online purchase or Canadian channel viewing.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

After being dropped by Superchannel last year, TNT drama Major Crimes will be returning in Canada on Bravo later this year.

Source: http://www.bellmedia.ca/sales/tv/bravo/major-crimes/

How many seasons of the series originally aired on Superchannel?
    Last edited by lostjon; 06-15-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    After being dropped by Superchannel last year, TNT drama Major Crimes will be returning in Canada on Bravo later this year.

Source: http://www.bellmedia.ca/sales/tv/bravo/major-crimes/

How many seasons of the series originally aired on Superchannel?
    Superchannel lost the rights about a week before season 5 started. So they did air all of the first 4 seasons. Only the last one that aired is missing.
    I wonder if bravo will start from the beginning or with season 5 or even 6 that starts this summer or fall.

KSTW is showing the series now if you get that channel(it's channel 14 here on the west coast on Shaw cable).Think they are near end of season 1.They played the first 4 seasons i believe the end of last year and beginning of this .Great series.I recorded seasons 2 and 3 before i ran out of pvr space.I don't know what the thinking is behind starting a series 3 or 4 seasons in (other than rights ) .Major crimes while a procedural has many aspects of ongoing threads in it. The press release linked would suggest they are starting from season 1.
    Last edited by sherds; 06-17-2017 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added info re season starting

Syndication in the States, what your KSTW is showing, only goes to season 3. We have the same here on some other US channel. They will probably go to season 4 this summer, but most likely next fall or at some point during the 2017-18 season.

I very much think they will starts from season 5 and then go into season 6 right away, but of course we won't know before they announce it officially.
    The link is not from a press release, it is simple the series description.

What I think they might do is show the first 4 seasons as a daytime strip. But who knows, I might be wrong but they won't get very good ratings if they starts from season 1, one epside a week. The show would be 6 years late...

You're right, nobody reads Shakespeare anymore,they'd be hundreds of years too late.

LOL...I hope this is a joke. Are you comparing Shakespeare to Major Crimes?

I am saying that most people who wanted to see the show already did 5 years later and that ratings would show.

Are you offended or something?

Bell Canada has a nice little delay-of-game setup going on, especially now that Super Channel is a much weaker sister than before (thanks to all the money trouble and redirects to other types of content). In hockey, it might resemble more of a defensive trap. You don't score much, but once you get a few goals and lead, you simply clog the middle and keep dumping the puck into the other zone and let those losers waste their time trying to bring the puck back up the ice for their chance to finally score. Although since the game is too one-sided, it then quickly becomes too slow and plodding to care about what either team is doing, so you change the channel, or in my case, the country.

Years have gone by since Netflix arrived on the scene in Canada, but now things seem to be moving closer and closer to 2010 all over again. Sure, Crave has added some value that keeps Canada from sinking even further into the abyss, and after what seems like a miracle amount of time passing, we finally have Amazon Canada streaming content.

Netflix helps to fill the gap for some of the content that the Canadian networks skip or lose outright, but I often can't believe what you guys are typing ... although when I double-check what you wrote, it surprisingly is correct. I'm surprised because I truly feel like I'm caught in a time warp when I read this thread. It truly baffles me how little progress Canada has made in its battle to keep up with the juggernaut of entertainment ... the US of A.

When I first saw this thread started, I assumed that things would get better, or simply were not as bad as they appeared to be, however, it now appears that you won't even be able to keep up with all the turmoil that seems to be on the horizon. It's a good thing that this is just TV and not anything that will damage our lives when we fall even further behind as a nation trying to follow in the footsteps of the mighty Americans. WOW, I never thought 2017 would look like this.
    Last edited by PokerFace; 06-17-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typos in last sentence

Bravo plays lots of second run shows like Blue Bloods and Law & Order. Not everyone sees the first run shows so there is obviously an audience for them.
    Shakespeare and Major crimes is perhaps hyperbole if you compare the two as such but the comparison was to people having already seen them/read him as you certainly implied no-one would be interested ex post facto and no i was not in the least offended in fact i enjoy playing with logic or just playing.

Quote Originally Posted by sherds View Post
    Not everyone sees the first run shows so there is obviously an audience for them.
    Damn. Re-reading my signature... :p
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by sherds View Post
    Bravo plays lots of second run shows like Blue Bloods and Law & Order. Not everyone sees the first run shows so there is obviously an audience for them.
    Shakespeare and Major crimes is perhaps hyperbole if you compare the two as such but the comparison was to people having already seen them/read him as you certainly implied no-one would be interested ex post facto and no i was not in the least offended in fact i enjoy playing with logic or just playing.
    OK for some reason you feel like I am arguing with you. I just gave an opinion on what I think they will or should do and I did say clearly I might be wrong.
    I am not the one deciding this obviously.

I did not say nobody would be watching a rerun that has been rerun about 10 times on other channel, I said it would not get great ratings. Like any show, a rerun gets lower ratings than something that never played on Canadian tv. You can argue as much as you want, but that is a fact. Yes there are exception I am sure also. Again, just stating the obvious.

As someone who has seen all the episodes that played on Canadian TV I would like to see new ones, shoot me. I don't want to wait for them to play 4 seasons before watching something new.
    That is all I am saying.

Like InMontreal says, I feel like Tvviewer has been reincarnated...

Anyway, I am done with this subject...

Reincarnation? I'm not a Buddhist but i do try to practice compassion and tolerance with a soupçon of reductio ad absurdum (no straw men allowed)

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    So Spike TV has new drama series The Mist starting next week. It is not on the schedule in Zap2it. So it looks like they won't show it in Canada.
    Not sure if anyone picked it up... Looks like what happened with TLC's Too Close to Home which they removed from their Canadian feed but nobody else is showing it...

I wanted to see both...I am afraid that when they change to the Paramount Network next year we`ll get a lot of those unfortunately.

The Mist will be available for distribution outside of the United States on Netflix following the conclusion of the series on Spike. The series has been ordered for ten episodes and will wrap up on August 24.

Thanks. Not sure why when a channel is distributed in Canada they don't keep the rights fro themselves...makes no sense...

Thanks. Not sure why when a channel is distributed in Canada they don't keep the rights fro themselves...makes no sense...
    I opened an incognito window and visit Zap2It TV Listings, which defaults to the major american networks.

- Tonight's 10pm movie "Independence Day" is replaced with Auction Hunters. Next movie, Men in Black airs as usual, but not Campus PD at 3:30am.
    - Tomorrow's 2017 BET Awards is scheduled to air in super-simulcast in the US on BET, MTV, MTV2, MTV Classics and Spike. In Canada, it's on BET only. Spike canadian feed will air MORE Bar Rescue instead.
    - Monday, "Beyond Scared Straight" episodes are replaced with "Deadliest Warrior".
    - Wednesday 1am & 4pm, movie "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" replaced with more Lip Sync Battle...
    and so on.

So, Netflix owns the canadian rights for The Mist... but about movie ID4, hmmm... Corus ?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimecanadian View Post
    UP TV is premiering its first scripted series Date My Dad it will airing day and date on W Network and Baby Daddy on Freeform has ended
    Actually, W Network airs Episode 6 of Date My Dad tomorrow (July 11), while UP TV will air Episode 8 on July 14.

UP TV for the win.

The final season of Kingdom from Audience network won't air on Much or Bravo, they are keeping it as a Crave exclusive.

Not happy with this...they do all season and then the last one on Crave...
    Last edited by mtlguy; 07-27-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Also:

Odd Mom Out will be on W Network
    Still the King no longer on CMT Canada

Also:

Odd Mom Out will be on W Network
    Still the King no longer on CMT Canada

Thanks for the updates.

Do you know whether Still the King will be available on another channel?! Season 2 debuted earlier this month in the USA, I was going to put a listing in the calendar but saw no mention of it on the CMT Canada website. This is one of the few scripted shows they have in their lineup, I wonder why they are not picking up season 2- was no one watching it?!

Another update, it appears Bell has moved Dice from TMN to CraveTV as its no longer listed on the TMN website.