Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

US Specialty Series Directory

With the recent discussion about a possible launch of TNT Canada (which I don't see happening), I decided to create a directory for various US specialty channels, the series they air and who has the rights to them in Canada. If there is enough interest, I will keep this list updated on an ongoing basis and if someone wants to see some other channel added then let me know.

Here is the list:

Amazon Video

Absentia- Showcase (Debuts Jan. 21, 2018)
    Bosch
    -
    CraveTV
    Mozart in the Jungle
    -
    W Network (Season 4-)
    Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
    - Space
    Transparent- Showcase (Season 4-)

Audience Network

Ice- Super Channel
    Mr. Mercedes
    - N/A

Coming soon
    Condor- N/A (Debuts 2018)

Bravo

Imposters- W Network
    Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce
    - Slice, W Network

CMT

Nashville- W Network

Crackle

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee- Netflix Canada (Coming soon)
    Chosen- N/A
    Snatch- CraveTV

E!

The Arrangement- Bravo, E! Canada
    The Royals
    - E! Canada

Epix

Berlin Station- Super Channel
    Graves- Super Channel
    Get Shorty- Super Channel

Freeform

Baby Daddy
    - ABC Spark
    Beyond- ABC Spark
    Famous in Love- Bravo
    Shadowhunters- Netflix
    Switched at Birth- ABC Spark
    The Bold Type- ABC Spark
    The Fosters- ABC Spark
    Young & Hungry- ABC Spark

Coming soon
    College-ish- ABC Spark (Debuts 2018)
    Marvel's Cloak and Dagger- ABC Spark (Debuts 2018)

Hallmark Channel

Chesapeake Shores
    -
    W Network
    Good Witch
    - W Network
    When Calls the Heart- Super Channel, CBC

HBO

**All HBO original series air on
    HBO Canada**

Hulu

Casual- CraveTV
    Chance- Bravo
    Future Man- N/AHandmaid's Tale- Bravo, CraveTV
    Harlots- Super Channel
    Marvel's Runaways- Showcase
    The Mindy Project
    - City
    The Path
    - Showcase
    Shut Eye- CraveTV

Coming soon
    Castle Rock- N/A (Debut TBA)
    Hard Sun- Bravo (Debuts 2018)
    The First- N/A (Debuts 2018)
    The Looming Tower- N/A (Debuts 2018)

IFC

Brockmire- Comedy
    Portlandia- Super Channel

Paramount Network

Nobodies- N/A
    The Shannara Chronicles- Space

Coming soon
    American Woman
    -
    N/A (Debuts 2018)
    Heathers- N/A (Debuts 2018)
    The First Wives Club- N/A (Debuts 2018)

Showtime

All Showtime original series air on CraveTV & TMN, except for Homeland which airs on Super Channel**

Starz

American Gods- Super Channel
    Ash vs Evil Dead
    -
    Super Channel
    Black Sails- Super Channel
    The Girlfriend Experience- Super Channel
    The Missing- Super Channel
    Outlander- W Network
    Power- Super Channel

Coming soon
    Counterpart- N/A (Debuts 2018)
    Havana Quartet- N/A (Debut TBA)

Syfy

12 Monkeys-
    Showcase
    Channel Zero- Showcase
    Ghost Wars- Netflix
    Happy!
    -
    Showcase
    Killjoys
    -
    Space
    Superstition- Netflix
    The Expanse
    -
    Space
    The Magicians- Showcase
    Van Helsing- Netflix
    Wynonna Earp- Space
    Z Nation- Space

Coming soon
    Krypton- Space (Debuts 2018)

TBS

American Dad!- Much
    Angie Tribeca-
    Comedy
    Conan
    - CTV
    Drop the Mic- CMT Canada
    Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
    - Comedy
    People of Earth- Comedy
    Search Party- N/A
    The Detour- Comedy
    The Guest Book- CMT Canada
    The Joker's Wild- Much
    Wrecked- Comedy

Coming soon
    Close Enough- N/A (Debuts 2018)
    Final Space- N/A (Debuts 2018)
    The Last O.G.- N/A (Debuts 2018)

TNT

Animal Kingdom- Bravo
    Claws-Bravo
    Good Behaviour
    - Bravo
    The Last Ship- Space
    The Librarians- Space
    Major Crimes- Bravo

Coming soon

The Alienist- N/A (Debuts 2018)

TV Land

Teachers- N/A
    Younger- E! Canada

USA Network

Colony- Bravo
    Damnation- Netflix
    Falling Water
    - Space
    Mr. Robot- Showcase
    Queen of the South- Bravo
    Rizzoli & Isles- W Network (final season only)
    Suits
    - Bravo
    Shooter
    - Bravo
    The Sinner- Showcase

Coming soon
    American Rust- N/A (Debut TBA)
    Unsolved
    -
    N/A (Debuts 2018)
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 12-13-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Definitely interested .There is usually a press release but it would be nice to have it in one place .Showcase website shows Rizzoli & ilses last part of season 5 along with Royal Pains back in July.

Difficult People is on shomi (assuming that the below link is still accurate):

http://discover.shomi.com/pdp/series...3-257981fe08f6
    [shomi the Difficult People]
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Netflix Canada might still have the first three seasons (or at least some seasons) of Major Crimes. Season 4 might soon arrive (unless it's already there), followed by the current season 5 ... perhaps sooner if Netflix wants to flex its muscles for the Canadian rights.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80080755
    [Major Crimes on Netflix Canada]
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

People of Earth (TBS) has been picked up by Comedy here in Canada.

I haven't read or heard anything about the next season of Suits being its final one. Season 6 premieres on Wednesday, July 13.

Kingdom (Audience Network) has aired on Bravo throughout its run. Much appears to be running an encore of the first season.

People of Earth (TBS) has been picked up by Comedy here in Canada.

Kingdom (Audience Network) has aired on Bravo throughout its run. Much appears to be running an encore of the first season.
    Thanks for the info.

I haven't read or heard anything about the next season of Suits being its final one. Season 6 premieres on Wednesday, July 13.
    Sorry that is a mistake, thanks for pointing it out. Royal Pains is the one that is ending and is in its final season.

TBS' Wrecked is on Comedy starting early July.

Per Showcase blog they have picked up new Usa Network series Eyewitness.

Bravo! (US)
    Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce - Slice
    Odd Mom Out - none

Freeform

Pretty Little Liars - Bravo
    Shadowhunters - Netflix
    Guilt - Bravo
    Famous in Love - Bravo

Showtime (all on TMN except)

Homeland - Super Channel
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Bravo! (US)
    Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce - Slice
    Odd Mom Out - none

Showtime (all on TMN except)

Homeland - Super Channel
    Odd Mom Out is on shomi. Bravo has second window rights for Homeland.

Updated list,

Added new series that have debuted since last update and removed series that have ended and/or been cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Updated list,

Added new series that have debuted since last update and removed series that have ended and/or been cancelled.
    Here are some other updates to take note of:

Audience Network
    Rogue airs on The Movie Network (final season)

Bravo
    Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce moved from Slice to W Network

Freeform
    Dead of Summer and Guilt have both been cancelled

Syfy
    Hunters has been cancelled

TNT
    Murder in the First has been cancelled

TV Land
    Younger moved from E! to Bravo

CMT has Nashville which airs on W Network in Canada (same-week encores on CMT in Canada)

Comedy Central's scripted programming for the most part has been airing on Much (with second window runs on Comedy).

Amazon original series Bosch also premieres on CraveTV, which is home to most Showtime original programming day and date with the U.S. The only exception is Homeland - the latest season is airing on Superchannel. Bravo appears to have dropped second window runs to the show, which will be picked up by CraveTV.
    Last edited by lostjon; 02-04-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks for the updates!

Homeland appears to have been moved to TMN, they are currently airing season 5.
    (http://www.themovienetwork.ca/homeland)

I thought Comedy Central programming airs on the Comedy Network and repeats on other channels?! Comedy Network signed an deal a while back for exclusive rights to all Comedy Central programming including shows from their library.

Thanks for the updates!

I thought Comedy Central programming airs on the Comedy Network and repeats on other channels?! Comedy Network signed an deal a while back for exclusive rights to all Comedy Central programming including shows from their library.
    TMN has the rights to past seasons only. Current season is still on SuperChannel

Thanks for the updates!

Season 5 of Homeland originally aired on Showtime in Fall 2015, so while the encore rights remain with Bell Media, they switched from Bravo to The Movie Network. Superchannel retains the first-run Canadian rights and they are currently airing Season 6, same day and date with Showtime in the U.S. Based on the link below, all Showtime originals are slated to premiere on CraveTV while TMN holds the Canadian linear rights. Homeland appears to be the one exception. This is much like how Showcase has been running TNT drama Rizzoli & Isles (first rights formerly were held by Superchannel).

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/showtime-programming-to-now-premiere-on-cravetv-beginning-november-20-with-the-affair/

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/bel...ent-in-canada/

You are partly right, though the deal for exclusive rights to Comedy Central programming is not limited to just Comedy Network but with Bell Media's specialty channels, particularly Much.

You may have noticed for a while now how Much has first-run Canadian exclusive rights to new episodes of several shows including South Park, Drunk History, Workaholics, Tosh.0, Another Period and Broad City just to name a few. They will also be premiering a new show called Detroiters at the same time as Comedy Central this week.

Some shows have been flipped between Comedy Network and Much - the most recent example being @midnight which moved back to Comedy Network after the holidays, since it moved timeslots to follow The Daily Show with Trevor Noah sometime last year.

Comedy Network continues to have first run exclusive rights to some of Comedy Central's live action programming, although on a smaller scale. Like Much, they have a Comedy Central block latenights and weekends. Compared to previous years, their lineup has changed with weeknight reruns of Big Bang Theory along with acquired shows from TBS and TVLand. Previously, they aired reruns of The Simpsons weeknights but those have since moved over to Much. At some point, Comedy ends up airing many of the shows that originally premiered on Much.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...Comedy_Central

One additional note: Conan premieres on Much, airing at the same time as TBS. It airs later overnight on CTV (following The Late Late Show with James Corden).
    Last edited by lostjon; 02-04-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    TMN has the rights to past seasons only. Current season is still on SuperChannel
    The previous seasons are what I was referring to. New episodes air on Super Channel but Bravo was airing the older seasons, which now appear to have been moved to TMN.

Great move by Super Channel to snatch this show up, I read somewhere that this show has a different production company and they are in charge of distribution rights which is why Super Channel was able to acquire the rights instead of the show going to TMN which has exclusive rights to Showtime programming.

One additional note: Conan premieres on Much, airing at the same time as TBS. It airs later overnight on CTV (following The Late Late Show with James Corden).
    Interesting, I thought it premieres on CTV and repeats on Much?! I will update this then so its accurate.

This is much like how Showcase has been running TNT drama Rizzoli & Isles (first rights formerly were held by Superchannel).
    Showcase is currently airing season 6 and is almost to the end of the season. I think they will also air season 7 (final season) as well albeit several months after it finished airing in the USA.

Bravo in Canada has picked up two additional series:

Hulu
    Chance - original drama starring Hugh Laurie (House)
    First of two seasons premiered October 2016 in the U.S.

E!
    The Arrangement - Second scripted original series after The Royals
    Originally part of E! Canada's lineup, it will premiere March 8 on Bravo following the U.S. series premiere on March 5
    First season will have 10 episodes

Bravo will also be premiering Famous in Love (Freeform) in April at the same time when Pretty Little Liars returns for its final season.

Figured you could also include Starz in the US Specialty Series Directory - almost all their current scripted shows in Canada are aired on Superchannel, except for Outlander which airs on Showcase.

Current scripted shows on Starz include comedies Ash vs Evil Dead and Survivor's Remorse, and the drama series Black Sails, Power, The Missing and The Girlfriend Experience.

Thanks for the updates.

I have added in Starz, was debating adding it since I thought all shows were available on Super Channel. I wasn't aware that Showcase airs Outlander.

Thanks for the updates.

I have added in Starz, was debating adding it since I thought all shows were available on Super Channel. I wasn't aware that Showcase airs Outlander.
    You're welcome. By the way, under E! you listed E! Canada as the channel for The Arrangement, but as I mentioned a few posts earlier, it is moving to Bravo.

To my knowledge, I do not think the USA Network series Eyewitness has aired yet on Showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post

To my knowledge, I do not think the USA Network series Eyewitness has aired yet on Showcase.
    It was announced on a blog post they did they had picked it up. When it was airing in the US I asked them on their facebook page and they said they would not air it after all.