Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    By the way, under E! you listed E! Canada as the channel for The Arrangement, but as I mentioned a few posts earlier, it is moving to Bravo.
    Oops, my mistake. It has been corrected.

I have also decided to add in HBO & Showtime but not listing all their shows since they all air on TMN/HBO Canada except for Homeland.

When it was airing in the US I asked them on their facebook page and they said they would not air it after all.
    Thanks for the update.

Perhaps it did not do well, ratings wise, in the USA so they have decided not to air it?!

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    It was announced on a blog post they did they had picked it up. When it was airing in the US I asked them on their facebook page and they said they would not air it after all.
    Eyewitness has been cancelled by USA Network after one season. As it never aired on Showcase, perhaps Netflix or Amazon will pick up the Canadian rights.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/eyewitness-canceled-usa-one-season-1202033411/

Additionally, Syfy series Incorporated has also been cancelled after one season. The series aired on Showcase in Canada.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/incorpor...ck-1202004872/

Thanks for the updates.

That sucks for Incorporated, this was a good show and should have been renewed! It ended with several loose ends and now those storylines will never be resolved. This is why I don't bother watching any current shows, broadcasters these days tend to cancel shows too soon, not letting them build an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Thanks for the updates.

That sucks for Incorporated, this was a good show and should have been renewed! It ended with several loose ends and now those storylines will never be resolved. This is why I don't bother watching any current shows, broadcasters these days tend to cancel shows too soon, not letting them build an audience.
    It's somewhat of a gamble nowadays. If a show does not start out fast enough, then their chances of returning after one season are slim to none. For me, I guess it depends on how far I get into following a show upon learning its fate. If it's only a few episodes, I won't bother continuing and will probably wait until it turns up somewhere like Netflix. If it's at least halfway through a season, then I will consider finishing to the end. Even more so for shows that last beyond one season.

For instance, I started getting into The Magicians just this year when Showcase ran an encore of Season 1 and now I am slowly catching up on Season 2. It especially helps when broadcasters either take the time to air an encore of the previous season or make them available on demand. In that manner, I can binge watch, stream and/or record an entire season then play catch-up at a reasonable pace to the point that I can even be up to date if the series becomes interesting enough for me to continue regardless of its fate.
    Last edited by lostjon; 03-01-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Some noteworthy updates:

Crackle
    Snatch - CraveTV (premieres April 7)

Hulu
    The Handmaid's Tale - Bravo and CraveTV

Starz
    American Gods - Amazon Prime Canada
    The White Princess - Superchannel

Syfy
    Wynonna Earp - Space (Season 1 was on CHCH)

TV Land
    Younger - E! Canada (Bravo aired reruns last fall, never original first-run episodes)

USA
    *Eyewitness - Showcase (premieres April 30)
    *Show has already been cancelled, has not yet premiered in Canada

Thanks for the updates.

Interesting that American Gods is not airing on Super Channel, I thought they had exclusive rights to all Starz original series?!

More updates:

Epix
    Berlin Station - Superchannel - Series premiere Monday May 15 at 10:00pm

Epix is an American premium movie channel whose partnership was previously shared between MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate. MGM bought out both Paramount and Lionsgate's ownership this week to become sole owner and operator of the channel.

Source: http://www.superchannel.ca/show/70334881/berlin-station
    Last edited by lostjon; 04-07-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Updated listing,

Added Harlots (Hulu) to the list and removed Outsiders (WGN America) which has been cancelled.

Also, added new series coming soon for various channels.

Here's some other updates worth mentioning or adding:

Claws (TNT) will be airing on Bravo in Canada at some point this summer.

You may want to add VH1 to the list of US specialty channels. They are not a typical outlet for original scripted series. But these are their more recent and upcoming titles:

Daytime Divas - Premiering June 5 on Bravo (same day as VH1)

Hit the Floor - Superchannel in Canada has had the rights to the series for the first three seasons. Was recently renewed for a fourth season but will be moving from VH1 to BET (also carried in Canada). Not sure at this time if Superchannel will retain those rights.

The Breaks - Another original series that debuted on VH1 this year but will also be moving to BET for its second season. As of yet, there's no word on Canadian rights, if there are any.

They also Hindsight which aired a few years ago but was scrapped after only one season. The rights in Canada previously belonged to the now-defunct SVOD provider shomi.

As you're probably aware, Viacom in the U.S. is in the process of revising its long-term strategy for most of its current specialty channels. One major change will be the rebranding of Spike to Paramount Network sometime early next year and will become exclusive to an increasing number of original scripted series, including some that were initially planned on their other properties.

MTV in the U.S. is slowly getting out of scripted original series. While Scream (based on the movies) was recently confirmed for a third season, long-running series Teen Wolf is coming to an end. Scream is available on Netflix. They premiered The Shannara Chronicles early last year and renewed it for a second season, but it will be moving to Paramount Network. Given that MTV Canada aired the first season, it's not definite whether that will continue to be the case. Paramount Network will also be the new home for American Woman, originally developed for TV Land.

Outside of Viacom, Pop (formerly TV Guide Network) has also been putting out more scripted originals as of late. It has the current rights to CBC original series Schitt's Creek and an Australian series called Wolf Creek for the U.S. market.

Overall, we will be learning more about the Canadian rights to new and upcoming series very shortly as all the Canadian media companies (conglomerates and independents), will be making their upfront presentations early next month. Likewise for the digital SVOD platforms including Netflix and Amazon, as well as social media sites like Twitter. On the heels of the upfronts that just wrapped up in the U.S., the L.A. Screenings are currently taking place, showcasing all of the new offerings from the various production studios to buyers from worldwide.

Expect plenty of updates to this thread in the weeks to come.
    Last edited by lostjon; 05-20-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks for the updates.

I was not aware that VH1 airs scripted series, I have added it to the list even though some of their shows are moving to MTV. It looks like Viacom will be concentrating on their '6 core channels', I wonder what that means for their other channels like TV Land and VH1- will they shut them down eventually or just keep them going and fill them with repeats of older shows?!

BET & Spike/Paramount Network are both available in Canada direct from the USA so I don't plan to add them to the list. This list was created to provide information for series that air in the USA on channels that are not available in Canada.

In case you are wondering, I have left Eyewitness (USA Network) in the list for now (even though its cancelled) as its still airing on Showcase.

Paramount Network will also be the new home for American Woman, originally developed for TV Land.
    Paramount Network will also be airing Heathers (TV spin-off of the feature film) which was also originally supposed to air on TV Land. Good news for Canadian viewers as Paramount Network is available here while TV Land is not and surprisingly not all of the original series they currently air have been picked up by a Canadian channel. I would have thought that Lopez would have been picked up by someone, guess its not that popular?!

Blood Drive will air on Space day and date with Syfy US and Ghost Wars will air on Netflix

Thanks for the updates.

I was not aware that VH1 airs scripted series, I have added it to the list even though some of their shows are moving to MTV. It looks like Viacom will be concentrating on their '6 core channels', I wonder what that means for their other channels like TV Land and VH1- will they shut them down eventually or just keep them going and fill them with repeats of older shows?!
    Here are a couple of links that somewhat address these inquiries:

Paramount Network and TV Land
    Source: http://deadline.com/2017/03/kevin-ka...al-1202055544/

VH1
    Source: http://deadline.com/2017/04/chris-mc...ed-1202069266/

The '6 core channels' (MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Spike/Paramount Network, Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.) are brands with global presence. VH1 is one of the few brands that is more dominant in the USA. TV Land's focus will be on lighter, single-camera comedies. That being said, VH1 and TV Land will continue to carry original programming and will not become channels that simply air repeats of older shows.

BET & Spike/Paramount Network are both available in Canada direct from the USA so I don't plan to add them to the list. This list was created to provide information for series that air in the USA on channels that are not available in Canada.

I am fully aware of that and I was not anticipating for those channels to be added to the list. I was just emphasizing that both channels, while already being carried in Canada, will be exclusive to some shows already airing on Canadian networks. It remains to be seen whether the changes in the USA will have an impact on the existing Canadian rights.
    The Shannara Chronicles is moving from MTV to Paramount Network, but in Canada, the first season was on MTV
    Hit the Floor is moving from VH1 to BET - the first three seasons aired on Superchannel

Also keep in mind that Spike/Paramount Network has not always carried the direct U.S. feed. Going back to the years even before they rebranded themselves to Spike, the channel in Canada has supplied alternate programming for certain shows and movies carried on the U.S. feed but whose rights were owned by other Canadian specialty channels.

Paramount Network will also be airing Heathers (TV spin-off of the feature film) which was also originally supposed to air on TV Land. Good news for Canadian viewers as Paramount Network is available here while TV Land is not and surprisingly not all of the original series they currently air have been picked up by a Canadian channel. I would have thought that Lopez would have been picked up by someone, guess its not that popular?!

This depends on whether another Canadian channel manages to get the rights to Heathers. In that case, then it's highly unlikely for it to air on the Paramount Network in Canada.

As for Lopez, there is a remote chance for it to be picked up by a Canadian channel. The most likely candidate would be Telelatino. It fits in well with their current schedule which is a combination of Italian and Spanish shows as well as English shows catered to those communities, some of which are dubbed in either language. Recently, they carried Saint George, a sitcom also starring George Lopez that ran on FX back in 2014 and was ordered for 10 episodes, with a chance of obtaining an additional 90 depending on ratings. Unlike Anger Management, it got cancelled after 10 episodes since it fell short of reaching the ratings thresholds that were necessary to keep it running a little longer.
    Last edited by lostjon; 05-21-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Another addition to the list:

Freeform
    The Bold Type - New show premiering on July 11 in the U.S. No word yet on who will be carrying the series in Canada.

TNT's new series Claws premieres on June 11. Bravo has the Canadian rights but no confirmation of a premiere date at this time - it does not appear that it will premiere on the same date as TNT.

the bold type will be airing on abc spark day and date with the us and blood drive will be airing day and date with us on space ... ghost wars will be airing on netflix

It looks like Claws will starts July 12th on Bravo. Either at 9pm or 10pm as they have both Suits and Claws at same date and time on Bell Media site. Since they usually have Suits day and time with US lately, I would say it will go at 10pm.

UP TV is premiering its first scripted series Date My Dad it will airing day and date on W Network and Baby Daddy on Freeform has ended

WGN America has cancelled Underground after two seasons. The series is currently airing in Canada on Bravo. This announcement comes at a time where WGN America has decided not to continue with original scripted series, timed with the acquisition of Tribune Media by the Sinclair Group.

This would mark the last original scripted series for WGN America, following Outsiders, Salem and Manhattan.

Here are some updates (and more to come shortly with the Canadian network upfronts):

Amazon Video
    Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams (co-production with UK's Channel 4) - Bravo (Fall 2017)

Syfy

Krypton - Space (2018)

Thanks for the updates.

WGN America has cancelled Underground after two seasons.
    The series is still airing on Bravo so I am going to leave it on the list until they air the rest of the episodes and remove it afterwards.

Following the press releases from Corus Entertainment for the 2017/2018 season, here are some more updates:

Amazon Video
    Mozart in the Jungle (Season 4) - W Network
    Transparent (Season 4) - Showcase (Fall 2017)

Both series previously were exclusive to shomi in Canada

Freeform
    college-ish - ABC Spark (Winter 2018)
    Marvel's Cloak and Dagger - ABC Spark (Winter 2018)

Hulu
    Marvel's Runaways - Showcase (Winter 2018)

Starz
    Outlander (Season 4) - W Network

USA Network
    The Sinner - Showcase (Fall 2017)