Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dice is on the TMN schedule August 20th at 10:30PM, day and date with Showtime.
    You are right it is not in the list of shows, but the page is still there, probably an error somewhere
    http://www.themovienetwork.ca/dice.

For Still the King, not sure what happened. Might show up later on CMT or another Corus channel. But CMT responded to me they won't.

As for Kingdom, might show up later on one of Bell's channel, but MUCH told me that it is on Carve only for now. I thought this show was best for TMN to have it uncensored...

Don't expect anything new (new series, new seasons ...)on CMT Canada.
    If Corus decide to keep CMT ( and I really mean if) the best to expect is older stuff or 2nd run.
    Last edited by DraicKin; 07-28-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    For Still the King, not sure what happened. Might show up later on CMT or another Corus channel. But CMT responded to me they won't.
    Corus appears to be repositioning CMT - safe to assume that it will not figure into Corus' core specialty channels of focus in the long term.

Beyond musical content and plans to run season 1 of CBS sitcom Superior Donuts, what else is there worth watching on this channel? Their primetime lineup as of late includes a mini-marathon of Three's Company reruns where they could be actually airing new episodes of Nashville.

Assuming that Corus still holds the rights to the show, it will more likely end up on W Network, perhaps ABC Spark or even YTV.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    As for Kingdom, might show up later on one of Bell's channel, but MUCH told me that it is on Crave only for now. I thought this show was best for TMN to have it uncensored...
    This show has had a history of being moved around. First it was on Bravo then MUCH. My guess is that the ratings were not great. Maybe the content for the final season was deemed unsuitable that they decided to put it on Crave instead... This should have been given the same treatment as another AT&T original series Rogue, which aired on TMN in Canada uncut and uncensored.
    Last edited by lostjon; 07-28-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Dice is on the TMN schedule August 20th at 10:30PM, day and date with Showtime.
    You are right it is not in the list of shows, but the page is still there, probably an error somewhere
    http://www.themovienetwork.ca/dice.
    Thanks for the info but I am not convinced that it will be airing on TMN. The webpage for the show is hidden and not accessible from the main page and the webpage itself has no info. It could be that they haven't updated it yet but another series (Episodes) which debuts the same night is listed on the site and the show's webpage has been updated and lists schedule info for the first episode on August 20. I think I will leave the listing as is for now and if something changes in the next few weeks I will update it and add in TMN.

Assuming that Corus still holds the rights to the show, it will more likely end up on W Network, perhaps ABC Spark or even YTV.
    I don't know much about this show except for what I posted in the TV Calendar listing but it doesn't appear to me that Still the King would really fit into the schedule of any of those channels.

TMN has FINALLY updated their listing for Dice- its listed again on the Series page and the show page has a listing for the new season premiere on August 20.

Looks like there's no canadian broadcaster for Stephen King's "Mr. Mercedes", which premieres tonight on Audience Network...
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

I assume once Mr. Mercedes finishes its initial run, that's probably when Canada will jump on the bandwagon. If it's not pirated, I'll even get cable just to check it out.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Hulu's Hard Sun has been picked up by Bravo

Comedy will be airing season 1 of IFC original series Brockmire starting October 19.

It appears that Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams will be making the move from Bravo to Space.

Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce is back on Slice after starting there and moving to W at some point.
    Rizzoli & Isles final season is also on the move, to W Network.
    Last edited by mtlguy; 09-01-2017 at 12:20 AM.

I notice you don't have Sundance Channel. 2 of their shows is also on Sundance in Canada:

Hap and Leonard (season 2 finaly starts Septmber 12th 9pm)
    Rectify
    (final season coming at some point this winter/fall season 17-18)

Thanks for that. Really enjoyed season 1 of Hap & Leonard and kept checking the sundance site but they never seem to change anything.
    Also Rizzoli and Isles was on Showcase and now i know where to find the final season.
    Last edited by sherds; 09-01-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling

A comeback to TV, Longmire, which was picked up by Netflix after A&E cancelled it after 3 seasons there, is coming to APTN.

APTN will start showing season 4 on Sept 15, Friday at 8pm.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Super Channel has picked up Get Shorty (EPIX), and I see the air date is set for Sept. 20th.
    It's already been renewed for a second season of 10 episodes, and I enjoyed watching the first 5 episodes of Season 1 online.

http://www.superchannel.ca/show/71366492/get-shorty
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Some changes to make note of:

Audience Network
    Rogue - Series ended after four seasons; TMN aired the final season in the spring.

TBS
    Conan - Exclusive to CTV in Canada. No longer airing on MUCH as they have dropped talk shows from their schedule.

Encores of all U.S. network nightly talk shows on CTV / CTV Two air the following day on FashionTelevisionChannel (umm, why?!)

Here are some updates:

Freeform
    Stitchers - Cancelled after three seasons, aired on ABC Spark in Canada.

Syfy
    Blood Drive - Cancelled after one season, aired on Space in Canada.

TNT
    Will - Cancelled after one season, no word on Canadian broadcast rights.

USA
    Eyewitness - Cancelled after one season, Showcase burned off the show in the spring, several months after the original US broadcast.

Updated list,

The following series have been cancelled:

Survivor's Remorse
    (Starz)

Odd Mom Out (Bravo)

Superchannel has acquired American Gods for Spring 2018

http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases...651121333.html

Some updates:

TBS
    The Guest Book - Season 1 premieres Friday, October 27 at 9:00pm with back-to-back episodes on CMT Canada. The show was recently picked up for a second season.

CMT Canada appears to have added the broadcast rights to the Bravo comedy Odd Mom Out, which was recently cancelled after three seasons. The rights to this show in Canada were previously owned by shomi. It has been added to CMT Canada's schedule with back-to-back episodes beginning Friday, October 27 at 10:00pm. From the advanced listings, it looks they will start from the very first episode and run through all three seasons.
    Last edited by lostjon; 10-19-2017 at 07:07 AM.

VH1 has cancelled Daytime Divas after one season. The series aired on Bravo in Canada this past summer.