Starting September 5 - NEW SHOWS in BOLD

WEEKNIGHTS (MONDAY-FRIDAY)
    5:00pm Cheers
    5:30pm Happy Days
    6:00pm Evening News
    7:00pm Right This Minute
    7:30pm Bloomberg North

MONDAY
    8:00pm The X-Files: The Essential Collection (selected episodes from the original series)
    9:00pm CHCH at the Movies

TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY
    8:00pm CHCH at the Movies

THURSDAY
    8:00pm Rosewood (s-FOX)
    9:00pm CSI: NY
    10:00pm NUMB3RS

FRIDAY
    8:00pm Last Man Standing (s-ABC)
    8:30pm The Watchlist
    9:00pm White Collar
    10:00pm 20/20 (s-ABC)

SATURDAY
    6:00pm Bloomberg North
    7:00pm Right This Minute
    7:30pm The Watchlist
    8:00pm CHCH at the Movies
    10:00pm 48 Hours (s-CBS)

SUNDAY
    6:00pm Bloomberg North
    7:00pm 60 Minutes (s-CBS)
    8:00pm Sunday Blockbuster Movie

Source: http://www.chch.com/shows/ (Click on PRIMETIME SCHEDULE)

As expected, no CW shows in the lineup - Supernatural will be exclusive to SPACE this fall.

Dropped from the schedule are Access Hollywood (after two years), reruns of Raising Hope and CanCon series The Pinkertons (I believe it has since been cancelled).

Nashville got cancelled and they got rid of Dateline Saturday. Rosewood (FOX), Last Man Standing (ABC) and the remaining newsmagazine shows are back this fall.

From the top banner of the page, they also have Judge Judy somewhere but outside of primetime.

Overall, nothing new and exciting and rather inconsistent with the constant changes to their programming lineup each and every year. If it's not only for some of the network primetime shows they can acquire for simulcast, they can be easily become the Canadian equivalent of MyNetworkTV or ION besides offering news and movies.
    Last edited by lostjon; 08-19-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Included Bloomberg North to listings for Saturday and Sunday

I realize they didn't have a lot to choose from, but...damn!

Really nothing on here grabs my attention. Cheers and Happy Days...my god. I saw a few years ago on the CHCH Facebook page that Judge Judy was coming, but then it didn't.

I think they had some slim options, but apparently when the mass firing on staff happened, I think I read they owed studios money. Like, CMT has picked up Nashville, so they could have kept it, but maybe studios don't want to be in business with CHCH if they won't get paid. But Nashville will probably be on CMT Canada.

The reruns on CSI:NY and Numb3rs might get some viewers. I've never heard of White Collar.

Like I said, they didn't have a lot of options. The only U.S. shows on the major four that I believe haven't been picked up in Canada are:
    Dr. Ken, Fresh off the Boat, Speechless, Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The only U.S. shows on the major four that I believe haven't been picked up in Canada are:
    Dr. Ken, Fresh off the Boat, Speechless, Empire.
    Of the shows you listed, only Speechless is new this fall. It will probably end up on some specialty channel or streaming services like Netflix or shomi at some point. The rest are returning shows.

Dr. Ken did not have a Canadian broadcaster until early this year. Family only started airing it once ABC was halfway through its first season of 22 episodes.

Fresh Off the Boat is exclusive to shomi, with new episodes added the following day after their original broadcast on ABC, and this started in Season 2. The entire first season was only added last summer.

The Canadian rights to the show Empire were first acquired by Rogers. Season 1 originally aired on one of the OMNI channels and got an encore marathon on FX Canada last summer. The show then moved to City for the first half of season 2 and even got the privilege of airing one hour before FOX in pre-release. Ratings on City were terrible, and it became exclusive to shomi upon its midseason return for the last half of season 2, with new episodes added the next day following their original broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post

Of the shows you listed, only Speechless is new this fall. It will probably end up on some specialty channel or streaming services like Netflix or shomi at some point. The rest are returning shows.

Dr. Ken did not have a Canadian broadcaster until early this year. Family only started airing it once ABC was halfway through its first season of 22 episodes.

Fresh Off the Boat is exclusive to shomi, with new episodes added the following day after their original broadcast on ABC, and this started in Season 2. The entire first season was only added last summer.

The Canadian rights to the show Empire were first acquired by Rogers. Season 1 originally aired on one of the OMNI channels and got an encore marathon on FX Canada last summer. The show then moved to City for the first half of season 2 and even got the privilege of airing one hour before FOX in pre-release. Ratings on City were terrible, and it became exclusive to shomi upon its midseason return for the last half of season 2, with new episodes added the next day following their original broadcast.
    Thank you. I didn't know this. So CHCH really had no options. I don't think my hometown station can win with a schedule like this, or last much longer.

CHCH Daytime Schedule

WEEKDAYS (as of September 12)

6:00am Morning Live
    10:00am The Daily Brief
    11:00am The Pinkertons
    12:00pm Bloomberg North
    12:30pm Right This Minute (previous day encore)
    1:00pm Justice with Judge Mablean (2 eps)
    2:00pm Judge Judy (2 eps)
    3:00pm Killer Comebacks
    3:30pm Bloomberg North
    4:00pm The Daily Brief

Daytime is no better - not different from their current schedule. All they did was add an one hour of Judge Judy to replace an extra airing of The Pinkertons. Otherwise, nothing noteworthy - they might as well just simulcast the Bloomberg specialty channel from mid-morning to late afternoon and during the overnight hours as not all providers are carrying it.

Cancelled talk show FABlife leaves the schedule starting the week of September 12, replaced by an additional airing of The Daily Brief and acquired syndicated show Right This Minute.
    Last edited by lostjon; 08-30-2016 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Updated fall lineup

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    All they did was add an one hour of Judge Judy to replace an extra airing of The Pinkertons.
    That means Judge Judy airs on both YesTV and CHCH ? Weird.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Also coming this fall, October 29th to be exact, is the return of weekend news to CHCH.

First announced on Twitter, the station plans to have live, half-hour newscasts on weekends at 6pm and 11pm. Personally I felt the hour-long casts prior to the bankruptcy was too long as not much was going on, on the weekends.

More here: http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/a...ws/1004123918/

Back in the 90s CHCH only had news at 11:00pm on weekends. The 6:00pm hour was typically syndicated hour dramas.