Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Corus station Channel 12 Dunham to become Global Durham

Starting October 31, Channel 12 Durham, owned by Corus, will be rebranded as a Global station.

Local Durham news will continue to air nightly at 5pm, with Global Toronto's 5:30pm newscast and Global National following at 6:30pm.

http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/a...ws/1004124087/

I'll be curious to see if the call letters change for this station. When Global began branding Halifax and Saint John separately, CIHF-DT-2 from Saint John was changed to CHNB-DT

Quote Originally Posted by bigoranget View Post
    I'll be curious to see if the call letters change for this station. When Global began branding Halifax and Saint John separately, CIHF-DT-2 from Saint John was changed to CHNB-DT
    Ya and they revived those call letters from the former CBC North Bay Affilliate CHNB that cease in 2002 and became a repeater for Toronto's CBLT. I wonder if this will mean CHEX peterborough and CKWS Kingston will be next in the works to go Global being that they all owned by the same company.

The only thing I read in the press release is the fact that its local news will now be branded under the Global News umbrella. Otherwise, the 5:30pm news will come from Toronto, 6:30pm National News, and a 7pm local newscast again (live or 5pm repeat ?), just in time to catch TBBT syndicated strip at 7:30pm. Nowhere does it say it will drop its CTV affiliation for Global...

Huh hoh, that may also means the station will lose its real studio in favor of a green screen virtual studio....
    Last edited by InMontreal; 10-15-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

First Paragraph:

Global News is proud to announce that Channel 12 Durham, Ontario, a Corus Entertainment-owned television station, will become the newest member of the Global News family. To be known as Global Durham, the station will feature expanded regional coverage while maintaining its focus on the local stories that matter most to its viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    First Paragraph:

Global News is proud to announce that Channel 12 Durham, Ontario, a Corus Entertainment-owned television station, will become the newest member of the Global News family. To be known as Global Durham, the station will feature expanded regional coverage while maintaining its focus on the local stories that matter most to its viewers.
    Its in all how its worded how one reads it? That coulld related to just news? I didn't see any ware that its dropping CTV programming and added Global Programming other then news? We will see(after OCT 31)? If you no longer see The Big Bang Theory on Channel 12, but start seeing NCIS and other Global programming instead of CTV, then you know for dsure that its 100% Global and not part time CTV part time Global? Why was there no mention that CTV programming would be dropped and Global programming IE NCIS.Simspons etc would be added?
    Last edited by TOM_T; 10-15-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.It's fun being weird.You should try it sometime. What?Don't frown.It just went down.Its fun being weird.You should try it sometime. The Detour. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjT-QOJG9qQ

So far, advanced Zap2It TV Listings still shows CTV lineup for CHEXOSH for Oct 31 & Nov 1st. GlobalTV's website, schedule section, doesn't have Durham in the dropdown menu.

Let's just hope Corus upgrade its control room in HD and transmitter to digital by the time its CTV "program supply agreement" expires (Aug 31 2017 ?) and eventually switch to full-time Global.

It's interesting CJOH (NTV) operates as daytime Global with CTV News, while CHEX operates as daytime CTV with Global news...
    Last edited by InMontreal; 10-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

I am confused, is this channel going to be called Global Durham all the time or only during the news?! It airs programming from CTV so how can it be called Global Durham?! I believe the agreement with CTV was signed not too long ago so I doubt they would be terminating it?!

I wonder what this means for CHEX Peterborough and CKWS Kingston, will they follow suit and re-brand them under the Global banner?!