Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

General Questions

Why do I have now have GUSTO on my Rogers Cable instead of MuchMoreMusic? Why do I have WNED (PBS) on two channels (15 and 60 or 61) instead of another channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Avonregal View Post
    Why do I have now have GUSTO on my Rogers Cable instead of MuchMoreMusic? Why do I have WNED (PBS) on two channels (15 and 60 or 61) instead of another channel?
    GUSTO took over the former channel position belonging to MuchMoreMusic (last known as M3) across major cable providers on September 1. Bell Media shut down M3 in favor of GUSTO.

I can't confirm exactly why WNED (PBS) is now airing on both channels. My guess is, if you're in southern Ontario, channel 15 in previous years belonged to the now-defunct CityNews Channel which ended in 2013. Afterwards, it became a Free Preview channel and it looks like that has changed over to WNED (PBS). Probably not all Rogers Cable subscribers have access to positions higher in the dial, so they are also carrying it on channel 15 as analog TV lineups continue to be gradually phased out across different areas.

Rogers lineup is in serious need of a realignment, I don't understand why they don't re-organize the channels accordingly and have stuff placed here and there?! Gusto is stuck in with the music channels, I know its used to be M3 but now that its changed genres why don't they move it in with other similarly themed channels?!