Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Deja VIEW & TV LAND???

..what's going on with these channels...They are starting to get very weak with the shows...PLEASE ..if anybody has the 2008/09 SKED...PLEASE let us know...
    THXS,

FETT1

DejaView's 2008-2009 schedule came out, it on falltvpreview.com, TV Land didn't release their schedule yet. Alternatively if you live in the GTA area, you might be able to pick up WNGS-TV which broadcasts shows similar to TV Land and DejaView.

I found TV Land Canada's fall sked posted on this forum.... I can only assume it is correct.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...94&postcount=6

Canwest announced an updated schedule for Dejaview, which is posted at this link

http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showthread.php?t=2136

Quote Originally Posted by musimax View Post
    I found TV Land Canada's fall sked posted on this forum.... I can only assume it is correct.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...94&postcount=6
    This is the correct TV Land Sept 2008 schedule. It will take effect September 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    Canwest announced an updated schedule for Dejaview, which is posted at this link

http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showthread.php?t=2136
    I don't see much of a difference between this 'updated' schedule and the original fall schedule Canwest released?! No new shows added except for the 2 previously mentioned so what have they updated?

Regarding these two channels, I prefer DejaView as they have a better lineup of shows but they repeat things too much which sucks! TV Land Canada is just crap and I was hoping this year there would be an improvement but it looks like just more of the same shows. I would like to know who the hell fired the programmer who was in charge of this channel because they are the ones who should be fired NOT the programmer. This channel had a great lineup in its early days but the last few years has just gone downhill. The person in charge either doesn't know what they are doing or just doesn't give a damn?! Of course maybe they are just trying to match TV Land US which is also a shadow of its former self, now filled with a whole bunch of stupid reality shows. :mad:

I am not sure how many people are interested in classic television, maybe that is why these broadcasters don't care and run these channels on the cheap. There still appears to be a huge audience in the US as new channels have sprung up there like RTN and AmericanLife TV.

I don't think I've watched TV Land Canada, probably for that reason. I do watch Dejaview, mostly at night when Roseanne and The Cosby Show are on. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by robinepowell View Post
    I don't think I've watched TV Land Canada, probably for that reason. I do watch Dejaview, mostly at night when Roseanne and The Cosby Show are on. ;)
    And let me ask you... do you enjoy watching the same 2 seasons of 'Roseanne' in a continuous loop? Oh, but they're adding year 3 for the 2008-2009 schedule. Ooh... 3 whole years in a continuous loop until September 2009 when you'll get season 4. THIS is what they do to us! And the Cosby show just loops the same chosen episodes from the entire series run.

Not to mention Who's The Boss? loops the first 2 years... despite the fact the show ran throughout the entire '80s.

This isn't like a DVD set. I don't want my cable channels to add one season of a show once a year.

I'd get a U.S. satellite dish, but the U.S. original TV Land is GARRRRBAGE compared to TV Land (Canada) and Deja View w/ the addition of "reality" originals and now Scrubs.

As I recall both The Cosby Show and Roseanne air more then the first season on Dejaview.

This Fall Dejaview will be airing seasons 4 to 8 of Roseanne, seasons 3 to 6 of Who's The Boss, and season 8 of The Cosby Show.

I don't remember the seasons, but I do know there have been episodes where Denise has come back married and Darlene had black hair around her sixteenth birthday.

...I totally agree ..TV LAND sounds alot better..wTf is wrong with these programmers??
    Where is I DREAM OF JEANNIE,GILLIGAN'S ISLAND,THE MUNSTERS,..how bout TIME TUNNEL,VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA,MY 3 SONS,BEWITCHED,ADDAMS FAMILY,LOST IN SPACE,MY FAVORITE MARTIAN,THE MONKees,CAR 54,DRAGNET,ADAM 12....etc etc etc...
    Obviously ,the channels are getting weaker by the year...this gives moi a GREAT CHOICE to drop these channels from my SATELLITE PACKAGE...
    deJA vIEW / tvland...KEEP IT UP ...and I will say bye bye!!

And what the HELL happened to LONE STAR????My DAD misses his western's!!:(

Quote Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
    ...I totally agree ..TV LAND sounds alot better..wTf is wrong with these programmers??
    Where is I DREAM OF JEANNIE,GILLIGAN'S ISLAND,THE MUNSTERS,..how bout TIME TUNNEL,VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA,MY 3 SONS,BEWITCHED,ADDAMS FAMILY,LOST IN SPACE,MY FAVORITE MARTIAN,THE MONKees,CAR 54,DRAGNET,ADAM 12....etc etc etc...
    Obviously ,the channels are getting weaker by the year...this gives moi a GREAT CHOICE to drop these channels from my SATELLITE PACKAGE...
    deJA vIEW / tvland...KEEP IT UP ...and I will say bye bye!!

And what the HELL happened to LONE STAR????My DAD misses his western's!!:(
    I guess WesternS weren't cutting it. (note no apostraphe on "Western"). ;)

Quote Originally Posted by robinepowell View Post
    I guess WesternS weren't cutting it. (note no apostraphe on "Western"). ;)
    Which is why either TMN/MC or SuperChannel should cut some deals with Starz/Encore to carry some of their premium genres if no Canadian broadcaster wants to fill the niche areas.

Encore Westerns has been around a long time and is a fairly strong channel on its own, heck I don't even enjoy westerns that much myself but I did find myself watching a few on this channel when I had a BUD setup in my yard. I was actually surprised to see some adult content in these movies since most of my exposure to them previously was via edited OTA broadcasts or on TBS, etc.

Lonestar at best was airing a tiny fraction of what is available in the western genre.

any news on january 2009 schedule for tvland and dejaview?

I notice that when I go to zap2it tv guide, on dejaview for next week, i saw one day at a time? Do not know if there will more shows.

i do wish they add the golden girls, growing pains, cheers, the waltons, little house on the prairie.

New January programming to DejaView includes One Day at a Time (Weekdays at 4pm, seasons 1-4), Mad About You (Weekends at 1pm, seasons 1-4), and Silver Spoons (Weekends at 10am, seasons 1-4)

A Full 24 Hour Schedule with more shows will be released in January.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    New January programming to DejaView includes One Day at a Time (Weekdays at 4pm, seasons 1-4), Mad About You (Weekends at 1pm, seasons 1-4), and Silver Spoons (Weekends at 10am, seasons 1-4)

A Full 24 Hour Schedule with more shows will be released in January.
    that's it? Not much. Mad About you is it with Helen Hunt? and what about tvland canada? any new shows?
    Last edited by cablecanada07; 12-26-2008 at 08:36 PM.

I wish DejaView had aired Maude at 4pm!!! I was anxious to see the latter/final seasons, but there's no time in prime time to watch them, and the only other hour Maude was aired was in the 3am hour, when I am recordng GSN. I hope Maude's later seasons return at some point this season...hopefully this summer!

i went to tvland canada webpage to see their schedule and its unavailable. I wonder why? are they doing a new webpage?

Quote Originally Posted by cablecanada07 View Post
    i went to tvland canada webpage to see their schedule and its unavailable. I wonder why? are they doing a new webpage?
    Hopefully.

Here's the current Weekday Schedule
    6:00am The Hilarious House of Frightenstein
    7:00am Lassie
    7:30am Lassie
    8:00am Bizarre
    8:30am Bizarre
    9:00am Petticoat Junction
    9:30am Happy Days
    10:00am Happy Days
    10:30am Happy Days
    11:00am Joanie Loves Chachi