Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    new today on dejaview: is here the link to their new schedule, not much change:
    http://www.canwest.com/advertising/b...p?schedule=882

enjoy it.

i do have a question: why there is two network with retro shows in canada? Such as tvland and dejaview?

I was wondering why that tvland canada airs lots of shows of the 80's instead of 50's, 60's, 70's and 79.

And Dejaview is airing more shows from the 80's. Perhaps dejaview should only broadcast shows from the 80's to today.

And Tvland Canada should air only shows from the 50's, 60's...to 79.

I don't know if I can reply this thread like this but i'll do it anyway.

What do you believe will make the best TVLAND CANADA?

Here are the list of the shows that I think is one of the kind:

All in the family, batman, bewitched, bonanza, the brady bunch, happy days, the honeymooners, i dream of jeannie, i love lucy, little house on the prairie, the love boat, m*a*s*h*, the waltons, star trek, the jeffersons. If i forget some feel free to add some.

Here is what I think should be airing on DEJAVIEW and should continue on it:

Blossom, Coach, The Cosby Show, Designing Women, Family Matters, Family Ties, Full House, Growing Pains, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Home Improvement, Roseanne, Saved by the Bell, The Golden Girls, Who's The Boss, Cheers, Doogie Howser, M.D.
    I am sure they are a lot that i forgot...

I do wish that some day tvland and dejaview will offer something more...

I'd point you to TVLand.com, but if your're in Canada you won't be able to view much if any of the shows/clips. TVLand in the states has a much better line-up than it's Canadian counterpart. I'm not sure why, Viacom (who owns TV Land) owns 20% of TVLand Canada. Even if they scheduled 20% of the TVLand schedule, on TVLand Canada, it would make the current canadian line-up soooo much better.

are dejaview and tvland are analogue or digital? I am curious to see how many channel in canada are already in digital and some analogue. b'cause in usa the big change is coming soon 17th feb, 2009.

Deja Vu

Are satellite channels required to go to digital? I thought it was
    only the land-based VHF & UHF frequencies that were required
    to go digitial.

I want to watch a PBS station from Seattle WA, but their analog
    signal is so degraded as to be unwatchable. I don't see them
    improving their signal to the satellite, yet their land-based
    transmitters are all digitial now.

TV Land Canada and DejaView are both digital channels however the change in the USA in February is only for over-the-air television stations, it doesn't have anything to do with cable channels which both TV Land Canada and DejaView are.
    Last edited by musimax; 01-23-2009 at 03:11 PM.

It would be NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS, PBS for the over the air channels in the U.S. Here in Canada, if it affects us, it would be CTV, Global and CBC.

The only viewers affected by the analog shutdown (Feb. 17 in U.S., Aug. 31 2011 for Canadian OTA channels) are people who watch analog over the air channels received through an antenna. Those people will have to get new TVs with ATSC tuners, or an ATSC to analog converter box, by the shutdown date if they want to continue receiving OTA channels with an antenna.

It has no effect on cable or satellite service or specialty channels like the two mentioned, because they do not broadcast over the air signals. This website explains everything.
    http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc....g/ca02336.html

The CRTC, the Office of Consumer Affairs, and the Cdn OTA networks should really be doing more to educate people about this.

With this website of nation master and i search for tvland canada, and this information is in the section foreign content.

that laverne and shirley coming march 1, 2009. Can Any one confirm this??

I wouldn't believe what's on Nation Master, its info comes from Wikipedia and the info from Nation Master on TV Land Canada is so out of date, the article named "TV Land (Canada)" on Nation Master which is the one where it mentions Lavern and Shirley coming in 2009, is a revision of the current TV Land Canada article on Wikipedia from January 2007.

So if this is the only source saying that, I wouldn't count on Lavern and Shirley coming to TV Land Canada anytime soon. The info is 2 years old, and it's from Wikipedia and Wikipedia is known for editors adding false info which is clearly what's going on with that info.
    Last edited by musimax; 02-05-2009 at 06:38 PM.

does any one know since when on tvland canada they have been broadcast these shows:the hilarious house of frightenstein? and what date they have started to broadcast these shows and what year it ended?:The Beachcombers,i pity fool, the comedy mill? thanks in advance.

with this website, dejaview did not add much only the wonder years. http://www.canwestmediaworks.com/adv...w/schedule.asp

Will someone highlight the Canadian programming content on the above link that cablecanada007 has so kindly provided?
    I looked at the listings but I can't seem to find any Canadian content.

Is there, indeed, any CanCon?

Ad Persuasion, Whatever Happened To?, FANatical, Meet the Collectors and North of 60 are all Canadian shows. So I guess that makes about 7 hours a day of Canadian content during weekdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigleith View Post
    Ad Persuasion, Whatever Happened To?, FANatical, Meet the Collectors and North of 60 are all Canadian shows. So I guess that makes about 7 hours a day of Canadian content during weekdays.
    you forgot to mention the repeats at night.

tv land canada

is there going to be more shows for tvland for spring? are they might wait for the summer time to put more shows?
    because three company is getting old, i wish they would replace it with the golden girls...

Quote Originally Posted by TVJunkie5 View Post
    I don't see much of a difference between this 'updated' schedule and the original fall schedule Canwest released?! No new shows added except for the 2 previously mentioned so what have they updated?

Regarding these two channels, I prefer DejaView as they have a better lineup of shows but they repeat things too much which sucks! TV Land Canada is just crap and I was hoping this year there would be an improvement but it looks like just more of the same shows. I would like to know who the hell fired the programmer who was in charge of this channel because they are the ones who should be fired NOT the programmer. This channel had a great lineup in its early days but the last few years has just gone downhill. The person in charge either doesn't know what they are doing or just doesn't give a damn?! Of course maybe they are just trying to match TV Land US which is also a shadow of its former self, now filled with a whole bunch of stupid reality shows. :mad:

I am not sure how many people are interested in classic television, maybe that is why these broadcasters don't care and run these channels on the cheap. There still appears to be a huge audience in the US as new channels have sprung up there like RTN and AmericanLife TV.

ditto...wake up you idiots and give us something decent...
    BEWITCHED
    TIME TUNNEL
    LAND OF THE GIANTS
    GILLIGAN'S ISLAND
    MUNSTERS
    ADAMM'S FAMILY
    etc ...etc...etc...

AD PERSUSION..or what ever that crap is...plus FANATICAL is just getting stupiud withrepeats..plus I can only watch so much of guys collecting BARBIE...oi!!

finally dejaview is showing the 5th season of who's the boss. it started today.

as for tvland i have more less interest since they didn't added any more show for spring...

Today, I was making a comparaison of TVLAND CANADA & DEJAVIEW. And I realized none of them is superior. TVLAND CANADA did not make any effort to make a better schedule for summer or perhaps they are waiting for fall or june 21st since is the day that summer starts.

As for DEJAVIEW, they do not make either an effort to make their schedule watchable. They had to bring back the ropers ( i find that show boring). They should bring back Maude (since they had a marathon not long ago) or the golden girls.

As for western classic, well DEJAVIEW did add The Riffleman (what's that?) I don't remember that show airing in Canada? I would personnaly prefer bonanza or gunsmoke. and TVLAND CANADA should make an effort to put some western shows for the ones who like to watch some. Since we do not have Lonestar anymore.

I have suggested to TVLAND CANADA to make a Nick At Nite block since we do not have a Nick At Nite channel here in canada. That could be nice to have. Maybe I am wrong to ask for this but I suggested that they air some soap in the morning( no soap channel here in canada). But i suggest Dynasty, Melrose Place (they add a new serie this fall), Knots Landing, Another World. They are broadcasting right now, Dallas...

My point of all this that non of them is superior, none of them wants to reply to you because I have send e-mail to them, and when there is a good show, well they decided to take it off during the week and put only 1 show during the week-end(dejaview). As for tvland, same thing that are playing during the week as the week-end.

Hopefully, for this fall, they will come up with something news and good.

Does any of you have an e-mail for dejaview? I went to their webpage, and no respond at all. Samething for Tvland. If one of you, have one, can you post it?

Thanks.

I hate to tell you this but they are not going to make scheduling changes because of a few e-mails, they go by ratings and what advertisers like, if a show is moved or pulled it's because not enough people were watching. Everyone has different tastes.

This is DejaView's Summer Schedule:

WEEKDAYS
    6:00AM: Ad Persuasion
    6:30AM: Ad Persuasion
    7:00AM: North of Sixty

8:00AM: Whatever Happened To
    8:30AM: FANatical
    9:00AM: Ad Persuasion
    9:30AM: Ad Persuasion
    10:00AM: North of Sixty
    11:00AM: The Riffleman
    11:30AM: The Riffleman