Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    I hate to tell you this but they are not going to make scheduling changes because of a few e-mails, they go by ratings and what advertisers like, if a show is moved or pulled it's because not enough people were watching. Everyone has different tastes.
    How could they know what people like. They never ask me what kind of shows i watch on dejaview or tvland. I never got a call for a survey to see what kind of show i like and watch. So i could they go with the ratings? If there is no survey on their website(since they never update their website), how could they possibly know what i watch. Unless they go to my receiver that is plug to a phone line all the time and check what i watch other i don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by cablecanada07 View Post
    How could they know what people like. They never ask me what kind of shows i watch on dejaview or tvland. I never got a call for a survey to see what kind of show i like and watch. So i could they go with the ratings? If there is no survey on their website(since they never update their website), how could they possibly know what i watch. Unless they go to my receiver that is plug to a phone line all the time and check what i watch other i don't know...
    They don't know what YOU personally watch or like, but they do know what Nelison BBM viewers watch, BBM Nelison viewers control the ratings, that's how TV ratings work, only people with BBM Nelison are counted in the ratings.

more info at www.bbm.ca

they go by ratings and what advertisers like
    So you're telling me they put on the shows that advertisers like instead of what viewers want to watch?? You do realized that this is a SUBSCRIPTION-based channel, meaning I have to pay for it every month if I want to watch it. Shouldn't that entitle me (the subscriber) to a little say in what is aired on the damn channel? This is not Global, most of their revenue comes from subscriptions not stupid ads- is that not correct?! And then people wonder why CDN specialty channels are so crappy- apparently they don't care about viewers/subscribers but only listen to friggin' advertisers

I guess that explains why Canwest has no contact info for any of their specialty channels- what a pathetic company- someone pull the friggin plug already!!

Quote Originally Posted by TVJunkie5 View Post
    So you're telling me they put on the shows that advertisers like instead of what viewers want to watch?? You do realized that this is a SUBSCRIPTION-based channel, meaning I have to pay for it every month if I want to watch it. Shouldn't that entitle me (the subscriber) to a little say in what is aired on the damn channel? This is not Global, most of their revenue comes from subscriptions not stupid ads- is that not correct?! And then people wonder why CDN specialty channels are so crappy- apparently they don't care about viewers/subscribers but only listen to friggin' advertisers

I guess that explains why Canwest has no contact info for any of their specialty channels- what a pathetic company- someone pull the friggin plug already!!

Advertisers like shows with high ratings.

They do care about the viewers, the viewers control the ratings.

Everyone has different tastes, they can't please everyone, so they go by what MOST people are watching, the shows that pull in the highest ratings are the shows that stay on the air, how is this so hard to understand?

Again I say this is a subscription channel, what business do advertisers have on a pay channel?! I don't see any ads on TMN or Movie Central, so why are there ads on so-called specialty channels?! That is why the TV industry is in the mess they are in- failed business model, they have fallen behind the times.

Thanks to TV on DVD and the Internet, I don't need no stupid TV Land or Dejaview, I just watch what I want when I want. These channels are now irrelevant, you can get access to pretty much any show on the net. What's that saying- Evolve or die! You want people to watch then give them a say in what programming is aired, charge $5 bucks ala carte and put on programming that the viewers want to see!

Quote Originally Posted by TVJunkie5 View Post
    Again I say this is a subscription channel, what business do advertisers have on a pay channel?! I don't see any ads on TMN or Movie Central, so why are there ads on so-called specialty channels?! That is why the TV industry is in the mess they are in- failed business model, they have fallen behind the times.

Thanks to TV on DVD and the Internet, I don't need no stupid TV Land or Dejaview, I just watch what I want when I want. These channels are now irrelevant, you can get access to pretty much any show on the net. What's that saying- Evolve or die!
    They still go by ratings, that's not going to change.

DejaView is doing just fine, it's in the top 10 most watched digital channels.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    They don't know what YOU personally watch or like, but they do know what Nelison BBM viewers watch, BBM Nelison viewers control the ratings, that's how TV ratings work, only people with BBM Nelison are counted in the ratings.

more info at www.bbm.ca
    thanks for the website. I remember them. They call us at my old place for answering a ratings and when it was the time to get my book from bbm company, well the lock has been change.

So i wrote to them if they ever do a ratings again, to let me know. with my new adresse...

The summer lineup is not too bad, nice to see The Wonder Years on there, great show! Now if only they would add The Golden Girls, that show was quite popular when it aired on Prime so as far as ratings go I think it would do well. I guess that explains why Three's Company has aired on Dejaview since the channel launched, it must be the highest rated show on there?! Now if only they would launch a website for this channel, even a bare bones one would be better then what they have now- I don't understand why they can't even come up with a simple site?!

As for the genre itself, these types of channels (Dejaview & TV Land) aren't suited for Canada IMO, due to the CRTC and its CDN content rules. I watched Dejaview in its early days (when I had cable) and they have gone through pretty much every single CDN show out there. I don't think there is any other older Canadian series that they haven't already aired, so what are they supposed to do about the stupid CDN content??

DejaView is making money by putting little to no effort.

Yes, they have to add canadian content in the mix, but CanWest is laughing right in your face by programming these fillers instead of digging in the history of shows:

Whatever Happened To
    FANatical
    Ad Persuasion

If I read Wikipedia correctly, CKGN (CIII) launched in 1974, CanWest brought CKGN in 1977. There's over 30 years of old canadian shows somewhere in the library.

This is something I hate about CanWest, they sit on their ass, and will only program a hit show, they don't have the guts to dig deeper, even if it's for a short 13-episodes series. Another example, if a canadian actor/actress made it in a big TV series, you'd be curious to see how was that actor/actress 10 years ago in that canadian show you didn't watch back then. Well, if that old show wasn't a hit, CanWest won't try to get it and air it on TVtropolis or DejaView...

Trust TVViewer, FANatical and Whatever Happened To is what viewers and advertisers want.

Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    DejaView is making money by putting little to no effort.

Yes, they have to add canadian content in the mix, but CanWest is laughing right in your face by programming these fillers instead of digging in the history of shows:

Whatever Happened To
    FANatical
    Ad Persuasion

If I read Wikipedia correctly, CKGN (CIII) launched in 1974, CanWest brought CKGN in 1977. There's over 30 years of old canadian shows somewhere in the library.

This is something I hate about CanWest, they sit on their ass, and will only program a hit show, they don't have the guts to dig deeper, even if it's for a short 13-episodes series. Another example, if a canadian actor/actress made it in a big TV series, you'd be curious to see how was that actor/actress 10 years ago in that canadian show you didn't watch back then. Well, if that old show wasn't a hit, CanWest won't try to get it and air it on TVtropolis or DejaView...

Trust TVViewer, FANatical and Whatever Happened To is what viewers and advertisers want.
    i agree. they should put more canadian shows. But not what happened to or fanatical and ad persuasion its already on tv tropolis. I am sure they could add for an exemple: degrassi(the old series), i haven't seen it all. I missed the end of it. Don't know what happen. And some shows that were made in Quebec was also translated in English such has (Lance et Compte 1-2-3) the english title is He Shoots He Score. That was good. And also they could of air in the morning for kids(anne of the green gable -the series), the campbells and i am sure there is more than that but its only a few guest. But the golden girls will be nice to see it again.

It's Archie Bunker for Me

Gotta Love My All in The Family on Deja View...
    Yes that Carroll O'Connor who plays Blue colar
    Bigoted Narrowminded Archie Bunker sure
    Tickles My FunnyBone...I grew up watching
    that program as well!!! And it's Monday to
    Friday at 3pm and 8pm Eastern Time and
    Weekends at 2pm and 9pm Eastern Time!!!
    But I really wish they'd bring back The Beverly
    Hillbillies to their Lineup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    Gotta Love My All in The Family on Deja View...
    Yes that Carroll O'Connor who plays Blue colar
    Bigoted Narrowminded Archie Bunker sure
    Tickles My FunnyBone...I grew up watching
    that program as well!!! And it's Monday to
    Friday at 3pm and 8pm Eastern Time and
    Weekends at 2pm and 9pm Eastern Time!!!
    But I really wish they'd bring back The Beverly
    Hillbillies to their Lineup!!!

also the golden girls......maude....growing pains....bonanza....should i go on???

also the golden girls......maude....growing pains....bonanza....should i go on???
    Sure!!!
    But I see they just revieled that Coach, Saved By the Bell are new additions to their Fall lineups on Deja View as well...But I'd like to also see Emergency, CHiPs, WKRP and SCTV back as well!!! I could go on as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFLash View Post
    Sure!!!
    But I see they just revieled that Coach, Saved By the Bell are new additions to their Fall lineups on Deja View as well...But I'd like to also see Emergency, CHiPs, WKRP and SCTV back as well!!! I could go on as well!!!
    i know probably i shouldn't say that but tvtropolis will air also three company season 1 to 8, and dawson's creek season 1 to 6. I am glad to see again dawson's. I do not remember what happen.

As for dejaview, finally some better shows such has coach and saved by the bell. Yoopie!! also airing the final two season of who's the boss....

i know probably i shouldn't say that but tvtropolis will air also three company season 1 to 8, and dawson's creek season 1 to 6. I am glad to see again dawson's. I do not remember what happen.

As for dejaview, finally some better shows such has coach and saved by the bell. Yoopie!! also airing the final two season of who's the boss....

Maude play again tonight at 6 and tomorrow night also. and after that, it will play every week-end...At least they decided to put Maude, if they can't put the golden girls.

with the new schedule for fall 2009 for tvland canada, i didn't see Dallas, is it there or gone? If its gone, craps. that was the only show that i was watching on tvland. but i did see happy days, and see that they are showing the first season again, that i'll probably watch it.

with the new schedule for fall 2009 for tvland canada, i didn't see Dallas, is it there or gone? If its gone, craps. that was the only show that i was watching on tvland. but i did see happy days, and see that they are showing the first season again, that i'll probably watch it.

WHERE ARE THE NEW LISTING'S BEING FOUND FOR tv land CANUCK...and DEJA poo???

PLEASE LET US KNOW..
    THXS
    JAS

OOPS...JUST FOUND EM......ROCKFORD FILES...well one GOOD SHOW outta a whack of other's...
    Last edited by FETT1; 08-11-2009 at 10:42 PM.

Time to rant,

Why does Canwest refuse to create a website (even a basic one) for Dejaview, do they not give a crap about this channel??! This channel along with FSWC are the only 2 Canwest channels that do not have a website just some crappy page on the canada.com website. If they don't give a rats behind about them then why not sell them to someone who will do a better job running them, especially now that they are strapped for ca$h?!

I went to the Dejaview *page* and the schedule is out of date and so is the page that list the programs they air. Come on how hard is it to update these 2 pieces of information?? You don't have to update them regularly either so what the hell is the problem?? Here's where it gets even better- I click on the contact page, they list some number for viewer relations or something and I call to voice my opinion about the lack of a website. What do I find... an automated system!! Not only do they not care about this channel they also don't want anyone contacting them about it. It said to leave a message- are you serious, as if someone is actually going to call me back?! Either Canwest does not like viewers bugging them or they are REALLY strapped for cash and can't afford to have a live person answer phones.

Sad state of affairs IMO and what's even worse is the 'other' retro channel (TV Land) is not much better and probably worse. So its not like you can say 'Screw you Dejaview, I am subscribing to TV Land because they care about viewers- YOU BOTH SUCK!! These channels are a disgrace to the retro genre and should be shuttered immediately IMO. Time to send an email to Channel Zero and see if they are interested in launching a retro TV channel.

Rant over.

Agreed. They both suck and so does the U.S. original TV Land... though probably not as bad as the Canadian version, despite their airings of "unscripted"/"reality" TV shows; on the American TV Land. I think the crappy Cancon on the Canadian TV Land ("Whatever Happened To...?" anyone? Thought not!) just about evens them out (a cougar dating show). Although I haven't tuned into the American TV Land since 2001-ish when DirecTV's HU card was last hackable, but THAT was the TV Land to watch! I can only tell how well it's doing now by going to their website (www.tvland.com) and looking around. Canadian TV Land should be operating a website like that (full episodes available!). Based on their programming schedule, American TV Land has dipped in quality (that crappy original programming), but is *still* leagues better than what we get.

If they want to see how a PROPER retro TV channel is done, look at the digital sub-channel RTN - Retro Television Network (now known as RTV - Retro Television). Being in London, Ontario, I'd need a pretty decent outdoor antenna to get WXYZ-DT OTA to get RTN. If I ever try, I'll say bye-bye TV Land (Canada) and Deja View.
    Last edited by lukebenward; 09-04-2009 at 06:40 PM.

RTV would be a welcome addition here, why is KBCB running ShopNBC when they can be serving Southwest BC and Northwest Washinton's older population with old shows. I believe KBCB is also carried in Seattle, so it would serve those without digital cable boxes.

I would love it if KBCB ran something like this:

19.1 RTV
    19.2 This TV
    19.3 Weather/news reruns from one of the Canadian stations
    19.4 America One
    Last edited by Emarsee; 09-04-2009 at 07:25 PM.