Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    Maybe they're just going to adopt the current US TV Land logo which is different than what TV Land Canada is using. To adopt the same programming though would require a license adjustment.

maybe, but i doubt it. That will be a long shot if they re-brand as tvland usa... But I wouldn't mind Or maybe they are going to re-branded as a lonestar tv, since we do not have any westerns shows on tv???

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post
    Yes, just a rumour at this point. I did note that I HEARD this would occur and to stay tuned.
    Thanks for posting this info.

I wonder what they plan on re-branding it to, they don't have many options if they plan to keep the current requirements.
    Last edited by Tripster; 06-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    My views are my own and do not represent any company.

Just checked out the Fall schedule for Dejaview- only 3 new shows:

Hawaii Five-O
    Barney Miller
    Designing Women

The rest is just the same old crap- how many times can you air Three's Company?! Its a good show and I like it but come on, refresh the damn lineup with some other stuff. I wonder if they even air all the episodes of these shows or just air the same group of shows in a loop over and over again?!

http://falltvpreview.com/images/schedules/DejaView.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tripster View Post
    To adopt the same programming though would require a license adjustment.
    There's still a bunch of TV Land US original series TV Land Canada could air that wouldn't require a licence adjustment, ie, Back to the Grind, 50 Greatest TV Icons, Living in TV Land, etc. It all just has to be classic TV related, which all of those are in some way, whether it's to the shows or the stars of classic shows. Some of the others like High School Reunion or Generation Boom wouldn't really count but honestly, would that really stop CTV from not airing them if they wanted to? You have to go no further than MuchMusic to know CTV will air pretty much what it wants on what it wants whether it's complying with the channel's nature of service or not. I don't even think you can call MuchMusic a music channel anymore without it being a case of false advertisment, it's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Viewer View Post
    Just checked out the Fall schedule for Dejaview- only 3 new shows:

Hawaii Five-O
    Barney Miller
    Designing Women

The rest is just the same old crap- how many times can you air Three's Company?! Its a good show and I like it but come on, refresh the damn lineup with some other stuff. I wonder if they even air all the episodes of these shows or just air the same group of shows in a loop over and over again?!

http://falltvpreview.com/images/schedules/DejaView.pdf
    They used to air Barney Miller from 2002-2004, good to see it back on the lineup.

I guess that Designing Women marathon did well for them since it will now be on the regular schedule and nice addition of Hawaii Five-O as well.

I find it weird that they are getting rid of Seinfeld, Saved by the Bell, and Square Pegs so quickly - not to mention Good Times, Maude, Ropers, Three's A Crowd.

Nice to see Coach return to the lineup.

What's the deal with all of their shows' contracts, though? It's completely crazy. Coach comes and goes and then comes right back, they've been putting Wonder Years on and off since 2007, etc.

Somebody needs to find out, from the shows that are leaving the schedule, which contracts HAVE actually expired. Also, are there shows like Wonder Years that they could be airing (as the contract has yet to expire) but aren't?

I wonder if they even air all the episodes of these shows or just air the same group of shows in a loop over and over again?!
    Looks like I got an answer to my question, from the PR listing the fall highlights info for Dejaview:

HAWAII FIVE-O, SEASONS 1-4 (Network Premiere) FALL 2010
    DESIGNING WOMEN, SEASONS 1-3 (Network Premiere) FALL 2010
    BARNEY MILLER, SEASONS 1-4 (Network Premiere) FALL 2010
    So for the 3 new shows being added they are NOT airing all the episodes of each series only a few. Therefore I take that to mean that they do not air all episodes of the other series they have the rights to as well. Based on that, this channel is not worth subscribing to (at least for me). I don't want to watch the same group of episodes over and over again in a loop.

Are the rights to these shows sold by season and if so how much more would it cost to buy up the rights to air all seasons of a show?!

Looks like I got an answer to my question, from the PR listing the fall highlights info for Dejaview:

So for the 3 new shows being added they are NOT airing all the episodes of each series only a few. Therefore I take that to mean that they do not air all episodes of the other series they have the rights to as well. Based on that, this channel is not worth subscribing to (at least for me). I don't want to watch the same group of episodes over and over again in a loop.

Are the rights to these shows sold by season and if so how much more would it cost to buy up the rights to air all seasons of a show?!

CND Viewer, any idea if they will show the rest of the golden girls, i am tired to always look at the same episode, its always season 1 to 4,non of the season 5,6 and 7!

Quote Originally Posted by julie_rose_valliere View Post
    CND Viewer, any idea if they will show the rest of the golden girls, i am tired to always look at the same episode, its always season 1 to 4,non of the season 5,6 and 7!
    Sorry, I don't know anymore than you do. I can't believe they only air a few seasons of each show, that sucks. I assume they do it to save money, only buying the rights to a few seasons at a time but its not the way to build a subscriber base IMO. Of course it could also be due to the fact that they don't have money to spend on programming since they are bankrupt- guess we have to wait for Shaw to officially take over and see what they do with these channels?! Hopefully they decide to invest more money in programming and acquire more shows for Dejaview because IMO it could become a great retro channel if they invested more money in it to build up the lineup.
    Last edited by CDN Viewer; 06-04-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Any word on tv lands fall schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ottawasnowdog View Post
    Any word on tv lands fall schedule.

funny, i just check on sitcoms webpage, and normally they always mentions what's new with our canadian tv, but now nothing yet!!! If only tvland canada could update their webpage that will be awesome. and bring back Dallas...

I'm hearing they're rebranding in the fall. Official announcement,coming soon - stay tuned!
    So is this going to happen or what?!

So is this going to happen or what?!
    CTV will put out a release in regards their specialty channels soon. We'll find out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Everfresh View Post
    CTV will put out a release in regards their specialty channels soon. We'll find out then.
    Sounds like its not going to happen, oh well guess we will find out soon one way or the other?!

Sounds like its not going to happen, oh well guess we will find out soon one way or the other?!
    it did happen, with court tv that will rebrand as investigation discovery, discovery hd will become discovery world hd, discovery civilization will become science channel. But no tvland!!!!!