Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

[PR] Nashville Finds Its New Canadian Home on W Network for Fifth Season Debut

NASHVILLE FINDS ITS NEW CANADIAN HOME ON W NETWORK FOR FIFTH SEASON DEBUT

Special Two-Hour Premiere of Lionsgate’s Hit Series January 5th at 9pm ET/PT on W Network

TORONTO – Nashville is back, y’all! Lionsgate’s critically acclaimed, fan favourite series has found its new Canadian home, making its special two-hour debut on Thursday, January 5th at 9pm ET/PT on W Network.

“W Network is a premier destination for content that women love, and a cornerstone of that offering are our compelling, scripted series,” said John MacDonald, Senior Vice President, Women and Lifestyle Content, Corus Entertainment. “Nashville is the perfect addition to our programming lineup and we’re thrilled to share the upcoming dramatic season with Canadian fans.”

Continue reading / Source : http://www.corusent.com/news/nashvil...-season-debut/

Euh... Couldn't Corus just air it on CMT Canada ?
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Not sure why, but is CMT Canada even available in HD anywhere? Not with Videotron, so it's better for me and a lot of others I'm sure.

Some can get CMT Canada in HD, but not as many as one would think: http://www.cmt.ca/channel-finder
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

That move doesn't surprise me at all! CMT isn't a strong channel , it 's better to put it on W , a stronger channel than CMT .

Quote Originally Posted by DraicKin View Post
    That move doesn't surprise me at all! CMT isn't a strong channel , it 's better to put it on W , a stronger channel than CMT .
    Sure, but... from my perspective, CMT used to have this basic analog carriage advantage from its january 1995 launch as NCN. W Network also launched jan 1995 but was never carried on analog cable in this market, only in digital form when it initially launched starting 1998-99. CMT should be more accessible, no ?

CMT is music-oriented, easy to find on the dial, and it used to air Reba, which has nothing to do with music but since Reba is a country-music singer... with Nashville, it just makes more sense to schedule a Nashville-oriented show with musical segments on CMT, and it's also easier to promote, meaning the US broadcaster will advertise "Nashville on its new home, CMT" on social media, canadians seeing those will automatically verify CMT Canada's TV Listings, or blindly subscribe to it (à la carte bundles) while expecting the show to be on. Unless Corus plans to use CMT as their own version of Bell-era BookTV...
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective , all this point about being on basic analog carriage ,more accessible doesn't matter, it's not really a matter of visibility but how much money can you gain.
    The number of subscribers doesn't mean anything. CMT had around 10M subs which is more than the 7.7M of W and yet the dying channel is CMT.
    Advertising revenue on CMT was only 15.8M$ in 2015, that number was 25.6M$ in 2011 , nearly 10M$ less in 5 years. On W, advertising revenue is around 55M$. Corus can obtain more by programming it on W instead of CMT.

My advice is don't look at the past , CMT is a dying channel, CMT's profit dropped from 11.4M$ to 3.1M$ between 2011 to 2015, That amount is comparable to a weaker channel like IFC (3.9M$ in 2015). At that rate , CMT will lose money soon enough, I don't think Corus will keep it!