Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Thread: Shots Fired

Shots Fired

What are the chances that Fox will renew Shots Fired? This is the only show that Fox/City has that I am not fast forwarding. I am fast forwarding Prison Break because it is a big disappointment to me. I expected more of a story line instead of repeat of Fox River.

Chances are low. See :
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/ren...and-12-others/

But ! There's a But ! Fox renewed the crapola The Exorcist, airing on the friday night death slot.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Shots fired is a 10-part event series, it was intended to air for a short duration. Unless something has changed, it will conclude when the final episode airs May 24.

What is an "event series"?

Does "event series" not normally get renewed?

What about Broadchurch and Prison Break are they considered "event series"? I believe they may have been considered "event series".
    Last edited by Avonregal; 05-20-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avonregal View Post
    What is an "event series"?

Does "event series" not normally get renewed?

What about Broadchurch and Prison Break are they considered "event series"? I believe they may have been considered "event series".

An Event series is similar to a 'mini-series' which basically means that it has a set amount of episodes, its created with a beginning and an end. If the series has high ratings then its entirely possible the show would be extended for another season.

This term is quite new as is 'limited series', here is a site I found that explains the difference between the different types of series that now exist: http://filmescape.com/mini-series-ev...the-difference

Quote Originally Posted by Avonregal View Post
    What are the chances that Fox will renew Shots Fired? This is the only show that Fox/City has that I am not fast forwarding. I am fast forwarding Prison Break because it is a big disappointment to me. I expected more of a story line instead of repeat of Fox River.
    Apparently one day before this thread was started, one of the stars of the show confirmed via Twitter that the finale that aired on May 24 would serve as the series finale, therefore confirming its cancellation.

Source: http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2017/...-823410/12123/