Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

CHCH Fall 2017 Primetime Schedule

As part of Indienet, (CHCH, NTV, YesTV, CHEK) CHCH unveiled their fall schedule this morning.

I'm still trying to find an official schedule, but according to a news piece aired on the Evening News tonight, CHCH has picked up House of Cards (I assume earlier seasons), Empire, The Americans, The Strain, and Fresh Off The Boat.

Also, more retro TV. They already have Cheers and Happy Days, and right now I'm not sure if they will remain. But the news story also mentioned The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and the original 1960's Batman will also join the station.

I was expecting a schedule redo, since the only shows they aired in simulcast, Last Man Standing and Rosewood, were cancelled.

If I can find a schedule, I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    As part of Indienet, (CHCH, NTV, YesTV, CHEK) CHCH unveiled their fall schedule this morning.

I'm still trying to find an official schedule, but according to a news piece aired on the Evening News tonight, CHCH has picked up House of Cards (I assume earlier seasons), Empire, The Americans, The Strain, and Fresh Off The Boat.

Also, more retro TV. They already have Cheers and Happy Days, and right now I'm not sure if they will remain. But the news story also mentioned The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and the original 1960's Batman will also join the station.

I was expecting a schedule redo, since the only shows they aired in simulcast, Last Man Standing and Rosewood, were cancelled.

If I can find a schedule, I'll post it.
    CHCH also picked up the National Geographic scripted original series Genius.

Seems to me that the only production studio they have a deal is with 20th Century FOX and they did not go after any of the new shows but only returning ones that were passed on by other Canadian broadcasters.

Empire had no broadcast rights in Canada for nearly the entire third season - initially those rights were with Rogers (City/OMNI) but became exclusive to SVOD service shomi from halfway in season 2 until it folded late last year. At the time, only the first two or three episodes were available for streaming, and further episodes were scrapped upon the announcement that the service would be shutting down. Fresh Off the Boat also was exclusive to shomi for Canada.

I figure that these are the only two U.S. primetime shows they picked up for simulcast, essentially to fill in the gaps left by the cancelled shows Last Man Standing (ABC) and Rosewood (FOX).

The returning newsmagazine shows have been a primary staple of their lineup every year. Everything else is like a revolving door - here this year, gone the next.

This is the first time that they've picked up stuff from FX with The Americans and The Strain. And they decided to pick up House of Cards (a Netflix original but distributed by Sony Pictures Television). In the case of all three shows, it will be likely the first seasons.

I believe ZoomerMedia was also part of this morning's upfronts. In the piece, I saw Joytv and the One specialty channel also being featured, so that probably includes Vision TV as well.
    Last edited by lostjon; 06-01-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Very disappointed in their retro programming, they have gone the Dejaview way of only airing a few seasons of each show then just airing these same episodes over and over again. I don't understand why they do not have the rights to the entire run of these shows?! When Yes TV/CTS aired classic shows, they aired all seasons of the various shows they aired. I thought programming rights for OTA stations are different (and cheaper) then for specialty channels?!

New shows to CHCH in bold

WEEKNIGHTS
    6:00pm Evening News at Six
    7:00pm Right This Minute
    7:30pm Inside the Story
    11:00pm Evening News at Eleven

MONDAY
    8:00pm Genius (First Season)
    9:00pm Sleepy Hollow (From the Beginning)
    10:00pm The Strain (From the Beginning)

TUESDAY
    8:00pm Betty White's Off Their Rockers (Classic Episodes)
    8:30pm Fresh Off the Boat (Season 4) (s-ABC)
    9:00pm White Collar
    10:00pm The Strain (From the Beginning)

WEDNESDAY
    8:00pm Empire (Season 4) (s-FOX)
    9:00pm House of Cards (From the Beginning - first time on TV)
    10:00pm House of Cards (From the Beginning - first time on TV)

THURSDAY
    8:00pm CHCH at the Movies
    10:30pm The Watchlist

FRIDAY
    8:00pm Documented (Hosted Documentary Features)
    10:00pm 20/20 (s-ABC)

WEEKENDS
    6:00pm Evening News at Six
    6:30pm Inside the Story (encore)
    11:00pm Evening News at Eleven

SATURDAY
    7:00pm The Watchlist
    7:30pm Rock Icons
    8:00pm CHCH at the Movies
    10:00pm 48 Hours (s-CBS)

SUNDAY
    7:00pm 60 Minutes (s-CBS)
    8:00pm To Tell the Truth (Season 3) (s-ABC)
    9:00pm Sunday Blockbuster

WEEKDAYS (all new to CHCH)

Retro Classics - Complete Series From The Very Beginning
    Batman
    The Bob Newhart Show
    The Mary Tyler Moore Show
    Newhart

The Incredible Dr. Pol (Popular National Geographic series in syndication)

Justice with Judge Mablean continues to air weekday afternoons in simulcast with Peachtree TV

Source: http://chch.com/pdf/2017-2018_CHCH_Media_Kit-Fall.pdf
    Last edited by lostjon; 06-02-2017 at 08:16 PM.

It looks like Judge Judy, Degrassi, Happy Days and Cheers have been dropped. I don't see any mention of those shows in their media kit. I hope they stop airing reruns of The Pinkerton's. I'm guessing many parts of their daytime schedule will include Bloomberg TV programming as well.

I think, even without much simulcast and new, fresh episodes of acquired programming, this is probably one of the best prime time schedules CHCH has had since being purchased in 2009.

I've seen House of Cards on Netflix, up to the end of either season 2 or 3. Then I stopped. I had been hearing good things about The American's and was going to check it out anyway. And I was already watching To Tell The Truth on ABC. Anthony Anderson is a tad annoying as host, but I like the concept. Genius also seems like a show worth checking out.
    Last edited by Brad; 06-06-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Surprised CHCH got Empire.

The station posted a page about their fall programs. CHCH will now air Degrassi weeknights at 7:30pm in place of Inside The Story. They still show Bloomberg North weekends at 6:30pm, but I believe the show was cancelled at Bloomberg Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The station posted a page about their fall programs. CHCH will now air Degrassi weeknights at 7:30pm in place of Inside The Story. They still show Bloomberg North weekends at 6:30pm, but I believe the show was cancelled at Bloomberg Canada.
    They also have season 1 of National Geographic original series Mars on Monday at 8:00pm. Presumably Genius will follow later in the fall at the conclusion of Mars' run.

CHCH has released their fall premiere dates as follows:

2017 FALL PREMIERE DATES

All dates are subject to change. All times ET. (s) = simulcast

Monday, September 11
    8pm: Mars
    9pm: Sleepy Hollow

Tuesday, September 12
    8pm: Betty White’s Off Their Rockers
    9pm: The Americans* Special 90-Minute Premiere
    **The Americans moves to its regular timeslot at 10pm beginning September 19

Wednesday, September 13
    9pm: House of Cards* Canadian Broadcast Premiere

Friday, September 15
    10pm: 20/20 (s)* Season Premiere

Monday, September 18
    4pm: Batman
    4:30pm: Bewitched
    5pm: The Partridge Family
    5:30pm: The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Sunday, September 24
    7:30pm: 60 Minutes (s) * Special Time for 50th Season Premiere

Monday, September 25
    9pm: The Strain* Special 90-Minute Premiere**The Strain moves to its regular timeslot at 10pm beginning October 2

Wednesday, September 27

8pm: Empire (s)* Season 4 Premiere

Saturday, September 30
    9pm: 48 Hours (s)* Back-to-back Season Premiere

Tuesday, October 3
    8:30pm: Fresh Off The Boat (s)* Season 4 Premiere

In addition, CHCH will have a lineup of retro sitcoms weekday mornings at 10am starting Monday, September 11
    10am: The Bob Newhart Show
    10:30am: I Dream of Jeannie
    11:00am: Newhart

Also, To Tell the Truth moves over from City to CHCH. Two new episodes (which are part of season 3) will air Monday, September 11 and Monday, September 18 at 10:00pm. Originally scheduled by ABC for Sunday 8:00pm this fall, it will now return at some point later in the season, so CHCH has acquired the rights to those episodes.

Full details here: http://www.chz.com/wp-content/upload...l-Schedule.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by lostjon View Post
    Wednesday, September 13
    9pm: House of Cards* Canadian Broadcast Premiere
    As expected...
    CHCH (@CHCHTV)
    Last nights airing was the final until further notice. House of Cards will be replaced with a movie in the schedule going forward. Thank you
    https://twitter.com/CHCHTV/status/928685138128588800
    (Episodes 17 & 18 aired last night)
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Perhaps as expected, but it's too bad Spacey wasn't also on NCIS; enough already with that franchise.

Spacey, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starslut Entry-prize. Its five-year mission (perhaps still extended to six ???): to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before and hopefully not get caught by the authorities.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.