Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post
    Well, let's take into consideration The CW signed a deal with Netflix so CTV lost out on Black Lightning, Dynasty, Riverdale, The 100... so they jumped at the opportunity of Life Sentence from Doozer Productions, which features Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale. I guess advertisers are the boss, if they're willing to pay more for LS than L&O...So, the 1st season will air on CTV, and if it gets a renewal, it'll be dumped to CTV Two...
    Quote Originally Posted by InMontreal View Post

On Bravo, Suits *may* get a ratings bump with the departure of Meghan Markle and the upcoming Katherine Heigl effect.
    I was not necessarily implying that CTV would air Life Sentence in simulcast. I only mentioned it in my last post since it was added to the list of shows on CTV’s page for Television Sales on the Bell Media website.

Besides, where would they have room on CTV and CTV Two on Wednesdays at this point?

CTV already has The X-Files (through March 21), Criminal Minds (returning March 7) and Designated Survivor (returning February 28). After The X-Files wraps, Criminal Minds gets back the 8:00pm slot through early May (when Code Black takes over) and presumably Law & Order: SVU reclaims the 9:00pm timeslot.

CTV Two has built a sitcom block with The Goldbergs, newcomer Alex Inc., and American Housewife. They don’t have anything to simulcast at 9:00pm, so it will probably be sitcom reruns.

Unless Life Sentence takes off following its premiere on March 7, I would not be surprised if CTV keeps it on the shelf until late spring / early summer or just airs it in a weekend timefiller slot like Sunday at 7:00pm (at this point, anything is better than back-to-back Big Bang reruns) or even Saturday at 5:00pm (which has been used for more sitcom reruns and lately, weekly encores of The Launch).
    Last edited by lostjon; 02-06-2018 at 08:14 PM.

They are really bad at updating their Media site. Most of the specialty channels haven't been updated since summer, some a little bit in the fall. Why bother making a site if you are not going to update it. They still have Falling Water on Bravo's page and it premieres on Space next week. They moved that Life Sentence to CTV's page, saw that too. Even worst for their actual channels internet site. I don't get that in this day and age all Canadian providers don't bother making updated websites. Maybe for Book TV or other zombie channels, they should put a little effort into them. Very sad sites they have.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlguy View Post
    They are really bad at updating their Media site. Most of the specialty channels haven't been updated since summer, some a little bit in the fall. Why bother making a site if you are not going to update it. They still have Falling Water on Bravo's page and it premieres on Space next week. They moved that Life Sentence to CTV's page, saw that too. Even worst for their actual channels internet site. I don't get that in this day and age all Canadian providers don't bother making updated websites. Maybe for Book TV or other zombie channels, they should put a little effort into them. Very sad sites they have.
    Life Sentence has been removed from the CTV page and is now back on the Bravo page. A look at the schedule on the Bravo website indicates that they will premiere the show on the same night as The CW (Wednesday March 7) in pre-release at 8:00pm ET. This avoids conflict with the upcoming season of Suits which returns Wednesday 9:00pm starting March 28.

Bell Media has reacquired the Canadian broadcast rights to AMERICAN IDOL which will air on CTV Two

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/ico...-two-march-11/

I did not expect see the show returning to the CTV schedule. But when they released their midseason plans late last month, there were some gaps to be filled for CTV Two, which has been currently airing movies on Sundays and Mondays. That helps to explain why sitcom Living Biblically ends up getting bumped to Tuesdays in post-release.

Rewind back to 2014, the last year that Bell Media had the rights to the original edition when it aired on FOX and it was exclusive to CTV Two. Those rights were then dropped and picked up by yesTV for the final two seasons before ending in 2016.

Not only does Living Biblically get bumped from simulcast, but so does DC's Legends of Tomorrow - presumably to Monday 10:00pm in post-release.

And with The Voice settling on CTV beginning next week (Monday and Tuesday), Lucifer gets bounced around the schedule for a few weeks:
    Sunday, February 25 at 8:00pm (pre-FOX)
    Monday, March 5 at 10:00pm (post-FOX) (The Good Doctor is pre-empted that week for The Bachelor season finale and they have the Oscars the night before)
    Monday, March 12 at 7:00pm (pre-FOX) (This is a pure guess, given the three-hour American Ninja Warrior special on Sunday, March 11 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm, and with The Voice/The Good Doctor already occupying Mondays).

Presumably it will settle on Sundays 8:00pm in pre-release (leading into new CanCon drama The Detail and new series Deception)