Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Icon3 Free SlingTV for 2 weeks - No CC needed!

Now that the exchange rate is even worse, a SlingTV subscription can get rather pricey. However, for the next 2 weeks, SlingTV (sling.com) is offering its $30 US Blue plan with a bunch of other free channels also included for FREE. No Credit Card or cancellation is necessary (so no way to charge you), just an email address and a zip code (use a vpn, etc., if not in the US - use locations that give free NBC and Fox Sling affiliates since it's only the owned-and-operated affiliates that are available with Sling, although you should be able to change vpn locations afterwards as desired). You also get 10 hours of cloud DVR recording for free and 3 simultaneous streams (or 4 streams if you time a DVR playback properly - via trial and error method for rookies).

SlingTV has had so many free previews lately, that even though I cancelled months ago, they keep dragging me back. There is now even a fairly new pirate site that offers 95% of the SlingTV channels for free with no US location trickery necessary (it goes down from time to time, but thanks to the Corona virus, piracy is booming).

It's a good thing that production of the new shows has slowed to a crawl, because that gives me some extra time to catch up on stuff I hadn't had time to watch.
    Warning: I'm not playing with a full deck.

Sunday is the last day to get 2 weeks of Sling for free. So when you signup on Sunday, that will give you 2 more full weeks of the Blue plan and extra channels (no CC or cancellation necessary - as long as you don't use an old email that had a CC previously entered).

And since you can have multiple free accounts all at the same time with new email addresses (obviously don't add a CC to new Sling free account, or cancellation would be necessary), each account gets 10 free hours of cloud DVR recording, and 3 streams. I don't really need more than 3 simultaneous streams, but the extra 10 hours of cloud dvr recording for each account can make things easier. I just have to remember which account records what shows (some shows only work if choose "Record this show only", thus have to set the DVR for each new episode). Other shows can be set to record "New episodes only." The dvr isn't perfect, but it works well enough (barring a Sling glitch on occasion).

The dumb thing about the dvr is that it counts the shows set to record within the next hour as part of the 10-hour limit, so stuff that was recorded might get erased if you're not careful to check what you have set, and how much space you need to clear to avoid any erasures. If you used let's say 8 hours of recording space (of the 10 hours available), but you have 3 hours of upcoming recording within the next hour, you'll lose an hour of recorded content if you don't clear space, or clear an upcoming scheduled recording. That's why the 50-hour dvr for $5 more comes in handy if you only have one paid account.

I've got two free accounts going now and I'll add a few more on Sunday.

#Greed is Good

The free Sling deal with no CC or cancellation needed has now been extended for another week until April 12th (actually until April 13th before 2am ET -- based on the countdown timer on the site), but now it's only a free 7-day deal, rather than the previous 14-day deal (I think I have about 10 free, 14-day accounts that I cycle through so that I can divide my recordings evenly based on channels and also not run out of recording time).

There's not as much new content to watch thanks to the Corona shutdown, but there's still more than enough to fill multiple hours of DVR space.

I also watched a few older things on Crackle (as a fake US citizen) with an adblocker to avoid the ads that seem to occur every 10 minutes or so.

#Free is Good!

Sling is back with yet another freebie until Monday April 20th (at least that's the last day that all of the free accounts will end).

Even though the previous deals (2 weeks and 1 week free) with no CC or cancellation has ended, and the last day that those free accounts expire on their own is on Monday April 20th, Sling is back with another no CC or cancellation deal that lets you watch the same Blue plan channels (and some others) between 5pm and Midnight (if you choose a West Coast zipcode perhaps it's up to 3 am EST ??).

If you try to stream outside of the available hours, eventually a message will appear that says your account changed and once you click it, you'll lose the Blue plan channels until you log back in during those streaming hours to change the guide (I assume you don't have to sign up with a different email). The weird part is that even if you recorded some content with the DVR, you no longer have access to the DVR outside of those streaming hours, and I'm not sure if that means that the DVR content has been deleted and won't even be available during the streaming hours. I assume you can signup without a CC until Monday April 20th, but I believe all of those accounts will still automatically end on Monday April 20th (so I assume that you don't get a full 7 days free with this special if you signed up today for example).

EDIT: As of at least 4pm ET (perhaps even earlier) today (Apr. 15), the limited-hours free account now has the DVR back with the recorded content from yesterday (so it's not deleted), and all the Blue channels are back in the Guide available for streaming. If 5pm is supposed to be the earliest time to begin streaming for the limited accounts, perhaps it's not as strict, or perhaps I used a West Coast zipcode that changes the time restrictions. Regardless, my several unrestricted free Sling accounts still work, so I don't need to use the restricted one.

https://www.sling.com/deals/happy-hour

#Blue skies smiling at me
    Last edited by PokerFace; 04-15-2020 at 03:27 PM. Reason: see EDIT

Sling is still doing the free no CC happy hour(s) special (access from 5pm or earlier till 3:30am ET each day -- at least when using my PC), with no mention of when the special offer will end.

None of the DVR preset recordings between 3.30am-5pm ET seem to work, but at least the DVR function is still available (for the rest of the time) with this special offer.

The Sling Happy Hour freebie last day is scheduled for Friday May 15th.